The London Orbital Audax, 300km, August 11, 2018

manotea
manotea Posts: 1,024
A ride round london that takes you far from the Madding Crowd, taking in the sexy country shires of the South East and a ferry across the Thames Estuary. What Larks!

The event runs from Chalfont St Peter Community Centre (nearest Denham/Gerrards Cross) with our traditional 'no-mod-cons' accomodation offer for Friday and Saturday night (bring a sleeping bag). The entry fee includes light snacks at the start and finish in Chalfont (Breakfast and Supper!), the Ferry Crossing and the Village Hall control at Leaden Roding in Essex. Cafe Controls at Cranleigh, Hildenborough, Gravesend and Chiswell Green.

Click on the graphic below for entry details or simply google, 'London Orbital Audax'.

rptX5h
"Put the kettle on, I\'m gaspin"

Comments

• Dmak
    Dmak Posts: 445
    Interesting! I've been organising London Orbital rides for the last 2 years. Mine is not an Audax, although it can be a DIYer if you want it to be. Entry is free and a support van to carry food, drink and spares is provided.

I'm going to put this in the calendar and see if I can make it. Why do one London Orbital ride when you can do two!? :D

Further info for the one I organise can be found here. https://www.strava.com/clubs/londonorbital

EDIT - I should add it's on the 30th June and starts/finishes in Brookwood, Surrey
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    Does anyone know approx. climbage involved in this?
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,234
    mamil314 wrote:
    Does anyone know approx. climbage involved in this?

No, but you can safely assume that around London you will do 10 m per km or thereabout, so you are looking at 3,000 mt give or take
    left the forum March 2023