thursday as an infinite series of pineapples

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, bit more work with the hammer and stake on a proposal i consider unwise, no ideal outcome as there'll be side effects both ways, but hey ho

this may put me in a mellower mood for a bubbly oriented evening
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Good morning, overcast and wet at the moment, dog walking , shopping, then looking for a new car, petrol or diesel is the question
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Then looking for a new car, petrol or diesel is the question
    You already know the answer
  • tlw1
    Morning

Worked out where the air ambulance landed near the woods at the back of the house last night, there will be slightly less corn available this year.

Today is hybrid commute and rest legs
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A touch breezy out. Today will cleaning followed by another weights session, at some point I’m hoping I might be getting strong enough to put some weights on the bar.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, day off from the intern today. He's a really nice lad despite being posh and extremely well connected. May have also blagged some free deer stalking up on the west coast around Christmas. Now I need to work out what I'm going to do with a 23 stone hind...

Very windy here, got my saw in the back incase any trees come down which need 'tidying up'.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    massive tailwind in, going home will be grim.

hungry as ever, so will forage shortly. maybe for fruit and nuts. I think M&S do boxes of pineapple, and I know they do bags of mixed nuts. healthy see.
  • hopkinb
    Also, HOW'S THE HEAD THIS MORNING V68?!?!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Surprisingly the head isn't too bad, not much worse than the traditional mild Thursday hangover. It was a good night, there were rather more of us than usual with a few other friends and his wife came out to join us. Had to drive in today so didn't get to battle the wind thankfully. The tin roof on the scaffold next door was making a bit of a racket as I left, at least we've only got to put up with it for a few months.
    Busy start to the day here, need to go and hide in amongst the seat foams and have a snooze.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    TLW1 wrote:

What is the answer?
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What is the answer?
    Petrol every time.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Home at lunchtime; afternoon off. Likely wrapping the new bars on the recently recabled best bike. Very therapeutic tinkering.

I've also retrieved a boot full of sturdy, pristine carpet tiles from the skip outside the office that's being refurbed downstairs. Which should enable me to kit out the bike fettling end of the garage. No more dropping parts and tools on the gritty, dusty concrete floor.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What is the answer?
    Petrol every time.
    Diesels are the work of the Devil - that's why the French drive so many of them.

Afternoon Peeps, a good ride in was had. I felt fast at least. Busy morning dealing with big restructurings and existential problems for crappy subsidiaries, now tucking into a massive portion of something vaguely healthy. Footy starts today, pity the first match is a crap fixture.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    Cracking day so far. Pedalled over with Mrs O to see the Women's Tour pass by on stage 2. Stopped in one village which has a slight uphill out of it, the better to see the action. Lots of locals out to watch and chat, plus all the schoolkids out lining the road and cheering every police moto, which every time did the siren on for the kids. Even the sun came out. Happy days.

Sun still out. Foresee a barbie and some beers later, despite the wind.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    What is the answer?
    Petrol every time.
    Was actually going to say......... petrol obviously
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    orraloon wrote:
    Cracking day so far. Pedalled over with Mrs O to see the Women's Tour pass by on stage 2. Stopped in one village which has a slight uphill out of it, the better to see the action. Lots of locals out to watch and chat, plus all the schoolkids out lining the road and cheering every police moto, which every time did the siren on for the kids. Even the sun came out. Happy days.

Sun still out. Foresee a barbie and some beers later, despite the wind.

Went to watch too, but no locals and no kids, and someone ringing a bell at every moto.
    Go to see the next stage tomorrow - just getting the map out to find out where and how many miles to get in.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Rode to work and back - horrendous traffic both ways so bit rubbish really. Decided to watch 10 minutes of Russia vs Saudi Arabia and 97 later still sitting there.

Thursday bangers and mash cooking then onto the next game.

Hopefully won’t be raining this weekend as a ride or two planned.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    Well, today I signed some bits of paper, and a lawyer signed them, and my current employer signed them. I therefore get 6 weeks off paid over summer hols. Plus 12 months pay. Then I start a new job the day after my old employment ends. I am somewhat gobsmacked that the plan worked out. My plans normally go wrong, or I don't make plans. I'm still expecting something to go wrong.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Well, today I signed some bits of paper, and a lawyer signed them, and my current employer signed them. I therefore get 6 weeks off paid over summer hols. Plus 12 months pay. Then I start a new job the day after my old employment ends. I am somewhat gobsmacked that the plan worked out. My plans normally go wrong, or I don't make plans. I'm still expecting something to go wrong.

That is utterly wonderful.

Huge big phat hat holiday with new bike in the sun and loads of ho’s and blow.

Brilliant stuff

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb wrote:

That is utterly wonderful.

Huge big phat hat holiday with new bike in the sun and loads of ho’s and blow.

Brilliant stuff

Thanks MF and you and you. Mainly house renovations, but there will be a holiday. One that will echo through eternity.
  • hopkinb
    oxoman wrote:
    Don't know how you managed that, but good luck in your new role. Guess new bike and holiday is in order as is paying shed loads to HMRC in tax.

Cheers Oxo. Very fortuitous timing. Some of what I get will be tax free.

I owe Stevo a night on the cider, the opportunity arose from his opportunity, indirectly, but still a link.
  • hopkinb
    Booked lunch for me and Mrs H3 at le gavroche for August before we head off on hols with the kids. I wanted the Ledbury, where are lucky enough to have been a few times, but she has persuaded me otherwise. Gonna be historic. Nanny has been hired. We's a gonna eat well, and drink better.
  • hopkinb
    Made a donation to the hospice where Issie was so loved and happy. Going to be skint again soon.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Blimey, well done Hoppy. That is a top result.

I still think you should ditch the house improvements and buy a fast car :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Don't know how you managed that, but good luck in your new role. Guess new bike and holiday is in order as is paying shed loads to HMRC in tax.

Cheers Oxo. Very fortuitous timing. Some of what I get will be tax free.

I owe Stevo a night on the cider, the opportunity arose from his opportunity, indirectly, but still a link.
    Thanks mate, I genuinely like to help people get a leg up, especially where it's deserved. A spot more international stuff on your CV and you never know, you might get head hunted again :wink:

PS: went to Le Gavroche about 10 years ago when Monica Galetti was working there. Top notch French cuisine and very attentive traditional style service. Just glad I wasn't paying for it myself :)
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Blimey, well done Hoppy. That is a top result.

I still think you should ditch the house improvements and buy a fast car :twisted:

Or do both :D

Me finished the tiling in U/R and kitchen (floor) me.
    Tomorrow is traditional tidy and coffee and cake but won't be much of the latter 2 'cos i'm expecting deliveries of various wooden artefacts like the balustrade top rail and a round 'mop stick' handrail on Oak de doak.

Good one H3. Good luck.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    Cheers Stevo and Pinno!
    No fast cars, I have had them. I'm faster on my bike in London, and our crappy Ford suv ticks the other family boxes.
    I'm so dull. Maybe a night out with a bad influence.
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    Made a donation to the hospice where Issie was so loved and happy. Going to be skint again soon.
    Class, absolute class
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Massif. Top man that man. We all approve very much.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Great news H³, particularly like this bit.
    hopkinb wrote:
    Made a donation to the hospice where Issie was so loved and happy.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Great news on a bunch of fronts there Hopb.

on a lower note, I half expected someone to respond with 'electric'
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy