Vino'sGhost
Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
edited June 2018 in Pro race
heres a good article about kenacort

https://www.givemesport.com/897283-davi ... tent=syndi

Comments

• larkim
    larkim Posts: 2,474
    That's been an oddity of the kenacort debate - as the scientists deny that the sort of effect that Millar describes as attributable to kenacort.

Don't get me wrong, Millar is an important voice in the doping narrative and should be listened to - but I can't help worry that this info is somehow flawed through the impact of the passage of time or misinformation.
    2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
    2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
    2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
    2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
    2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
    2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    Possibly interesting but I have to ask, why now? Seems like old news
  • sherer
    sherer Posts: 2,460
    It's a givemesport article so just click bait.. it's prob even linked below this thread
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Apply to become a GMS writer by signing up and submitting a 250-word test article
    Should apply, the bar is evidently quite low

EDIT: the OP is in fact objectively wrong, as there is no current meaning of the word "good" that can be applied to that article.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,431
    The OP doesn't care if the article is good or not, the title is the really the discussion point
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    I assume the 'lest we forget' means let's dig this back up as it appears no-one is having a go at Wiggins any more and no-one who actually matters (i.e. the ADAs and UCI) feel there's a case to be answered.
  • tim000
    tim000 Posts: 718
    another pointless thread
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,670
    And here was me naively thinking the thread might be about the centenary of the WWI armistice. Should have known.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Pross wrote:
    I assume the 'lest we forget' means let's dig this back up as it appears no-one is having a go at Wiggins any more and no-one who actually matters (i.e. the ADAs and UCI) feel there's a case to be answered.

Well thats not entirely true is it.

Of course this is the we love wiggins he broke no rules denial site lolololol
  • bompington
    bompington Posts: 7,674
    Slow day at work is it Vino?
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,587
    Pross wrote:

Which part isn't true? I presume the former, cos someone is always having a pop, of course. Though I did chuckle when Bitter Kimmage was having a go at Froome after the Giro and used Wiggins a point of credibility to compare him against.

But the latter, you'll have to expand.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    CarbonClem what are you doing.
  • Vino'sGhost
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Which part isn't true? I presume the former, cos someone is always having a pop, of course. Though I did chuckle when Bitter Kimmage was having a go at Froome after the Giro and used Wiggins a point of credibility to compare him against.

Haha i missed that interview.

re the second point there are some on here who condone wiggins possible abuse of TUE and lack of evidence through data loss and consider it all fair game. Rich for example has shown quite a pro ped stance in the recent past. but the real point was something for the but kenacort isnt performance enhancing so not cheating posters to consider. i.e. that Millar a drug cheat used Kenacort and found it was useful. Wiggins of course has never been done for PED use and only used it to "bring himself up to the level of others"
  • carbonclem
    CarbonClem wrote:
    Pross wrote:

Haha i missed that interview.

re the second point there are some on here who condone wiggins possible abuse of TUE and lack of evidence through data loss and consider it all fair game. Rich for example has shown quite a pro ped stance in the recent past. but the real point was something for the but kenacort isnt performance enhancing so not cheating posters to consider. i.e. that Millar a drug cheat used Kenacort and found it was useful. Wiggins of course has never been done for PED use and only used it to "bring himself up to the level of others"

Sorry, you'll have to clarify where rules were broken. Actual proof/rules rather than speculation.
  • carbonclem
    mamil314 wrote:
    CarbonClem what are you doing.

Sorry :oops: :lol:
  • hanshotfirst
    hanshotfirst Posts: 371
    Can you not get this at The Clinic, Vino? Nah?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,294
    orraloon wrote:
    And here was me naively thinking the thread might be about the centenary of the WWI armistice. Should have known.
    I knew it wouldn't be, but wondered what it was and curiosity got the better of me. I thought maybe it was about an incident in which a few people died or something.
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    Well Michael Golas’ parents are keen to retrieve the sunglasses he was wearing on the day he died on the way to Roubaix.

Same part of the world.
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,147
    Well Michael Golas’ parents are keen to retrieve the sunglasses he was wearing on the day he died on the way to Roubaix.

Same part of the world.
    Michael Goolaerts. Michal Golas rides for Sky.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,454
    RichN95 wrote:

Same part of the world.
    Michael Goolaerts. Michal Golas rides for Sky.

I was thinking I’d somehow missed something!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,540
    Sorry everyone.

Shwhat happens when you do stuff on an iPhone
  • salsiccia1
    salsiccia1 Posts: 3,725
    LEST WE FORGET

In memoriam

OBJECTIVITY, REASONABLENESS and BALANCE

Paid the ultimate sacrifìce on the fields of the Internet
    To bring freedom to extremists and trolls
    And allow their influence to affect all areas of thought
    To make everything black or white
    And no in between

Never have so many been influenced so much by so few
    It's only a bit of sport, Mun. Relax and enjoy the racing.
  • twotoebenny
    twotoebenny Posts: 1,431
    Amen
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,336
    Salsiccia1 wrote:
    LEST WE FORGET

In memoriam

OBJECTIVITY, REASONABLENESS and BALANCE

Paid the ultimate sacrifìce on the fields of the Internet
    To bring freedom to extremists and trolls
    And allow their influence to affect all areas of thought