R8050 Di2 BM-DN100 charging/syncro shifting

hythamfekry
hythamfekry Posts: 10
edited June 2018 in Workshop
i'm looking to buy a R8050 Di2 groupset , my frame don't have any kind of internal mounting , and i'm not planning to do any holes in my frame , so only option is to go with external battery "SM-BTR1" and external battery mount "BM-DN100" , i'm buying SM-EW90 Junction A with the group .

Now , i'm curious about 2 points :

1 - I'm looking to the ability of customizing my group via e-tube pc app ...
Can i Use SM-BCR2 "NOT SM-BCR1" for BOTH charging and E-tube PC connection .

R8050 Product Guide and compatibility guide shows that BM-DN100 is compatible with SM-BCR2 for PC Connection but also mention that For charging of SM-BTR1 , SM-BCR1 should be used , I found no where certify that SM-BCR2 can be used to charge SM-BTR1 Through EW90 Junction + BM-DN100 .

2- As per my understanding from compatibility guide , BM-DN100 is enough for the syncro-shifting to work , even if i'm working with older model external battery "SM-BTR1" .. Is FW upgrade mandatory or BM-DN100 comes pre-installed with FW for sync shifting .

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    To my knowledge, the only reason for the upgraded battery was for the new D-Fly unit to work.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • philthy3 wrote:
    To my knowledge, the only reason for the upgraded battery was for the new D-Fly unit to work.
    ok , what about the charging part ? can BCR2 charge external battery with the new BM-DN100 battery mount ?