monday came on so loaded man

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gmc, coffee and a croissant, smidge of virtual cloudy things, do some gmc hard politics, patience supply is at zero, i tire of foolishness and need to kill, remember what the dormouse said
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Also in after a long weekend of fun, I prefer the lifestyle we had during the weekend to mine
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunny and mild, back home , dog walked, some paper work to complete ,bike ride,
    Gardening.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    edited June 2018
    Dad's taxi service on standby ready to take Stropteen to today's GCSEs, then off up to the office to instil some discipline into our Eurotwat finance directors whom are visiting for a couple of days. It might be a long day...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dad's taxi service on standby ready to take Stropteen to today's GCSEs, then off up to the office to instil some discipline into our Eurotwat finance directors whom are visiting for a couple of days.

Remember the motivational video this time
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Just having coffee then off to work. Planned to ride in but just remembered have to drive somewhere at 1 so that's another day with no biking. Bah.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dad's taxi service on standby ready to take Stropteen to today's GCSEs, then off up to the office to instil some discipline into our Eurotwat finance directors whom are visiting for a couple of days.

Remember the motivational video this time
    I'll just show them a map of the British Empire and remind them who's in charge.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, my day is starting like Stevo’s at any rate. Ditch the car and pedal in from the school is the plan. I’ll probably take the Mick out of our FD, that’s not unusual. Probably have some nonsense to deal with left over from Friday, Deep joy.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    In pain most of the night from hip/groin which seems to got much worse following strolling round the towns open gardens yesterday with the missus. Frustratingly I didn’t ride yesterday to give it a rest.
    Due at the physio in a bit so I will see if he’s got any ideas what’s going on. Might spend the day on drugs.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Hay fever, blotchy arms from the man sized grass on the ride in, sunny again 8)
    Planned to ride in but just remembered have to drive somewhere at 1 so that's another day with no biking. Bah.
    Stick the bike in the boot, drive to work and go for a ride around somewhere? Tag it on Strava a a "commute".
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Realised last night at 23:45 that I had a 09:00 skype meeting today, for which I hadn't prepared. Luckily the dog woke me at 6, so I was in the office by 7, and managing to sound like I knew what I was talking about by 9. Gonna be a long day I think...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    TLW1 wrote:
    Also in after a long weekend of fun, I prefer the lifestyle we had during the weekend to mine

Not sure if I could handle a life based on this weekend, last minute get together at our house and turned in at 3.30am on Saturday morning then got up with the kids at 7.30.

Local food a drink festival in the afternoon, sleep. mini DJ night with mates, 4am.

Early finish from work today and a decent bike ride. Someone suggested we enter the Maratona next year...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, drove in due to being lazy and tired, couple of good hard rides way above my usual average speeds so lots of PB's.
    Office aircon seems to have broken as in its set to freezing an no one can turn it up. Meetings galore today, fancy word for "structured arguing" no doubt thankfully none of its my mess.
  • Matthewfalle
    just finishing lunch then heading off to do some community stuff with some special needs. its all about the giving back to society rather than the taking.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Aircon is working here, it must be about right as some are moaning it's still a bit warm and one person has a fan heater going. :roll: Meanwhile I'm perfecting my snow white tan.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    End of the long weekend which is a Bad Thing. Means another 4am start tomorrow for a 6am flight to Bleak City to spend the rest of the week not murderising idiots.

Turned out a pretty good weekend home at least. Managed to walk upright somewhat like an evolved human instead of hunched over and dragging knuckles like the ancestral apes, but the back and neck are still being "difficult". Even did some fettling, not that there's much chance of riding the damned things soon. Swapped out wheels and fork from the dedicated trainer hack to be used on the new (but used) titanium FS frame.

Even set fire to a large pile of stuff that needed burning off. Scorched earth patch now present. Result!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    nice steak sandwich for lunch

ah, scorched earth, i'll be doing a bit of that shortly
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Aircon is working here, it must be about right as some are moaning it's still a bit warm and one person has a fan heater going. :roll:
    They do that here too. If they put the cold people on the warm side of the office and vice versa it would help. Explaining that you might have to start taking your last layer off usually puts a stop to it for a while :roll:

Got some super anti histamines to try out. Will be asleep shortly.
  • Matthewfalle
    That was really nice but bloody hard work. Forget about doing that for a job.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:

Mmmm, good lunch. Any condiments?
  • hopkinb
    All dull dull dull here. Nice warm ride home in the offing though, hoping for a draft off something peachy. Just had a double decker to try and relieve the monotony.
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

onion chutney
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

onion chutney
    Nice.

Went for a pootle the long way home in the sun. Decided to try for an effort lap round Richmond. Cars in the way on the faster downhill sections, which meant brakes and soft pedalling when I wanted to push on. Meh, still not bad for a fat, drunken old git.

Delicious veggie dinner of chickpea masala, tikka carrots (!), and tamarind potatoes, with an onion salad. Plenty of chopped coriander leaf to keep sg away. I've read about coriander haters, and I'm lucky enough to not pick up on whatever compound it is that puts folk off, because I love the stuff.

Hopefully Shirley's pork is going down well with the crowds.
  • tlw1
    I had bbq for dinner, ready as I got back :) felt too good to be true, and it was, she then asked me to mow the lawns
  • hopkinb
    TLW1 wrote:
    I had bbq for dinner, ready as I got back :) felt too good to be true, and it was, she then asked me to mow the lawns
    Do you have a ride on mower though?
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,197
    My head and arms are like a toughened old African hunter and brown, the rest of me is so white it's blue.

Shouldn't that have been 'turn the a/c down'?

You are a bit harsh on yourself Hoppy; there was no need for the 'old'.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    No :(
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    If the wife usually mows the lawns, the answer could be yes :P
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    If the wife usually mows the lawns, the answer could be yes :P
    :) at the old place she would! Now she only does one lawn as the old mower can fit down the path!