sunday under the singing soil and all those guilty clouds

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,435
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

long ride, cafes, relaxing

where is summer? couple more weeks and the days will be getting shorter, still too nippy in the mornings

in the night, i hear the call of the tabby
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the sunshine is up North at the moment, a lovey start to the day, travelling home later job completed, no cycling today
    Have you booked another holiday Sungod?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    sungod wrote:
    where is summer? couple more weeks and the days will be getting shorter, still too nippy in the mornings
    Weird isn't it?
    I think in the last month we've only had 1 or 2 wet days, otherwise 20+ degrees and sunshine all day but I agree it's still chilly in the mornings.

Not much planned today. The honeysuckle is making a bid for freedom so going to give it something to climb up, then maybe try and find a pharmacy to get something for this awful hay fever - the down side of all this good weather.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Sun is shinning in Anglesey - which is nice, riding home soon, but first hotel pig based breakfast, if the wife wakes up, as we only went to bed 4hrs ago
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    tired, hung over, at work.

want to sleep.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Up, pulled pork still needs a few more hours. Off for a short pedal then tidy and make the sides.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks, nice and sunny here. Off to take the old dear to the airport shortly followed by an afternoon of pottering. Might take the old man and my sister to the pub to see the lad as she hasn’t seen him since his travels.
    Nice to see Webboo giving Bungle some much needed advice. Made me chuckle. Fishy on the Trump thread has been mildly entertaining.
  • sungod
    Morning, the sunshine is up North at the moment, a lovey start to the day, travelling home later job completed, no cycling today
    Have you booked another holiday Sungod?
    rode for 3-4 gloomygrey hours, mostly wishing i'd worn a gilet, also that they'd fix the roads which are crumbling more each week

only two hols arranged, i'm really slacking, must try harder
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    A bit dull and damp here and that’s just me. Weather supposed to improve and I’m hoping I do as well. Fitted new cassette with a 30 sprocket to wheel yesterday, so no excuses for avoiding the steep hills at the back of the house.
    Although I’m sure I will think of something.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Peaceful morning here, just the right temperature for walking the hound. Now enjoying a big mug of coffee before the agents of chaos return. May make take avoiding action by way of a trip to the tip.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    Pootle achieve. Saw a 2/3/4 roadrace going the other way. Looked fast and fun.

Pork not "quite" up to temperature so will give it another hour.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Jobs avoided. Now doing a bit of car research - these online chat functions that the dealerships use are all bloody chatbots these days as the responses are almost exactly the same. They try to make you think it's a person by giving the bloody chatbot a name but its so obvious.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    Pig out. Slaws made. I could annihilate it all myself. Home made kimchi is super tasty but a bit fishy tasting which may put off the birthday girl. She can have a garlic mayo slaw instead as it tastes so damn good not to serve

Sadly have to wait to tomorrow.

Whipped up a beef/pork bolognaise for this evening.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pig out. Slaws made. I could annihilate it all myself. Home made kimchi is super tasty but a bit fishy tasting which may put off the birthday girl. She can have a garlic mayo slaw instead as it tastes so damn good not to serve

Sadly have to wait to tomorrow.

Whipped up a beef/pork bolognaise for this evening.
    Lovely. I was inspired by your pig shoulder, and have had a lamb shoulder in the oven all day wrapped up with rosemary, crushed garlic, white wine, olive oil and lemon. That should go well with some roast spuds, asparagus and some peas smashed up with pecorino and mint. Should be new potatoes really, what with it being summer, but kids really love roast potatoes.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    It's been dry and sunny here for weeks.

Saw an ad on fleabay for a pair of wrought iron gates - sort of local, so headed out in the sticks to take a look.
    They are in great condition and splashed out megabucks for them - £25 (needing a lick of paint).
    Quick chat with sellers wife who said that she was surprised I found it so easily. Then described my previous vocation collecting cans and oil across this region and she mentioned 'hubby, who used to do that 'out of Tongland'... The very same bloke we drove out of business. But then he was sh1t at it.
    I wonder what sort of conversation they'll have at the dinner table tonight.
    Done outwith fleabay so he can't even give me bad feedback.

Now watching Paddington 2 seen as they shut the municipal pool for a party. B@stards.

Stop it Hoppy, you're making me hungry.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Hopkin had me at minty peas. We used to have peas with butter and mint ( and a pinch of sugar) when we were kids. Absolute heaven. Now we don’t, because everyone thinks it’s weird. Ho hum.
    After a desultory shopping trip, at home drinking beer. And that is about it.
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday everyone and make the most of spending time with friends and family, no matter how much of a pain they can be :D
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • shirley_basso
    Lovely hoppy.

This was a about 18 hours in't oven with the Pitt cue rub. Kimchi &garlic mayo slaw, garlic mayo slaw, chimichurri new potatoes and some sort of green bean salad.

Still afraid of tackling the fruit.

We have a client who doesn't pay, instead they deliver 2 full pallets of fresh fruit and veg every week. It's absolutely terrifying just thinking about how to get through it.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    Lovely hoppy.

This was a about 18 hours in't oven with the Pitt cue rub. Kimchi &garlic mayo slaw, garlic mayo slaw, chimichurri new potatoes and some sort of green bean salad.

Still afraid of tackling the fruit.

We have a client who doesn't pay, instead they deliver 2 full pallets of fresh fruit and veg every week. It's absolutely terrifying just thinking about how to get through it.
    You must have very healthy bowels :lol:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • sungod
    minted peas, ffs, it's not chewing gum, mint on peas blearghhh, mrs s is with me on this, mint comes from satan's ar​se, along with coriander which is even worse

korean food on the other hand, nom, still miss the old dong san in poland street which also had a cracking karaoke for me to give my anarchy in the uk, now i want several kinds of kimchi, kimchi jeon, dolsot bibimbap, and many hites, sigh
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Just been to the pub the lad works in, they have a selection of sour beers on. All kinds of wrong.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,612
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Just been to the pub the lad works in, they have a selection of sour beers on. All kinds of wrong.
    Rodenbach Grand Cru. Mouse or man?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    minted peas, ffs, it's not chewing gum, mint on peas blearghhh, mrs s is with me on this, mint comes from satan's ar​se, along with coriander which is even worse

korean food on the other hand, nom, still miss the old dong san in poland street which also had a cracking karaoke for me to give my anarchy in the uk, now i want several kinds of kimchi, kimchi jeon, dolsot bibimbap, and many hites, sigh

Mint and coriander are all kinds of delicious, Satan's arse or no Satan's arse.

Korean fried chicken is lush. In a bao, with kimchi mayonnaise, crisp lettuce and sliced chilli.
  • Matthewfalle
    just walked in. shattered.

fresh jersey royals and melted jersey butter. yum yum.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    orraloon wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Rodenbach Grand Cru. Mouse or man?
    Normal Rodenbach is my guilty secret van t’ vat in Flanders. Can’t get enough of the stuff. The Grand Cru is in bottles in the cupboard.
    If V68 has a late night hankering for frites with stoofvlees then I think he got the genuine Belgian sour ale.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    sungod wrote:
    ...korean food on the other hand, nom, still miss the old dong san in poland street which also had a cracking karaoke for me to give my anarchy in the uk, now i want several kinds of kimchi, kimchi jeon, dolsot bibimbap, and many hites, sigh

'jeon', 'dolsot', 'bibimbap'...Wtf are you on about?
    I'm with you on mint and mint sauce with lamb? Heinous offence.
    Coriander is great in a beef curry.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    ...korean food on the other hand, nom, still miss the old dong san in poland street which also had a cracking karaoke for me to give my anarchy in the uk, now i want several kinds of kimchi, kimchi jeon, dolsot bibimbap, and many hites, sigh

'jeon', 'dolsot', 'bibimbap'...Wtf are you on about?
    I'm with you on mint and mint sauce with lamb? Heinous offence.
    Coriander is great in a beef curry.

Coriander is essential in any curry. Squizzz in some fresh lime as well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    https://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/14/dini ... rious.html

seeds are fine, but the leaf, stalk etc. are pure foulness