Michelin power endurance 25mm.

DTH
DTH Posts: 303
edited June 2018 in Road buying advice
Guys has anyone seen any deals on these tyres??

Cheers
if it\'s not dripping of your nose, your not trying!

Comments

• Do you mean Michelin Power, or Michelin Pro4 Endurance?
  • DTH
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    BikeInn are selling them for £31.45 each
  • Ah, didn’t realise these are a new evolution of the Pro4 Endurance.

My P4E’s are due for replacing, so I guess these are what I’ll be after too.

The P4E’s were renowned- in the 25mm version at least, for measuring up more like 27mm (which I like). Does anyone know if these new versions are similar, or do they measure up more realistically?
  • gary_sparrow
    gary_sparrow Posts: 181
    I’ve had the pro 4 endurance in 25s and 28s , bizarrely they seemed to measure up virtually the same . 2 different sets of wheels . Wouldn’t buy them again for the simple reason they are a difficult tyre to get on and off in comparison to other tyres I’ve used . They are a good tyre to be fair though .
  • DTH
    I have got the new version on one of my bikes. Got em last year for £50 for a pair but this year seems like offers are thin in the ground.
  • joe_totale-2
    joe_totale-2 Posts: 1,333
    I’ve had the pro 4 endurance in 25s and 28s , bizarrely they seemed to measure up virtually the same . 2 different sets of wheels . Wouldn’t buy them again for the simple reason they are a difficult tyre to get on and off in comparison to other tyres I’ve used . They are a good tyre to be fair though .

My 25mm Pro 4 endurances are 28mm tyres in all but name which is an issue when they've got to squeeze under mudguards!
  • gary_sparrow
    Joe Totale wrote:

My 25mm Pro 4 endurances are 28mm tyres in all but name which is an issue when they've got to squeeze under mudguards!

It’s also an issue when you put them on a 2016 supersix!
  • I'm happy with the old Pro4 Endurance tyres measuring up bigger- what I'd like to know is do the NEW Power Endurance replacements also measure up larger, or are 25's more like.....25's?
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Which is why I have a 23 on the rear of my CR1 and a 25 at the front.

It looks very slightly odd to me but I doubt anyone else has ever noticed; I just need to remember when pumping up the tyres.
  • DTH
    Just checked my super six. I’ve got 25’s front and rear. Fits ok. 2016 model

Seems like they are about £30 everywhere
  • gary_sparrow
    DTH wrote:
    Just checked my super six. I’ve got 25’s front and rear. Fits ok. 2016 model

Seems like they are about £30 everywhere

Depends on wheel and frame size even in same model
    Mine wasn’t great at the back . Too tight
  • ds2288
    ds2288 Posts: 36
    I run the Pro4 Endurance V2's in 25mm, could've bought the Power Endurance but in all testing the new tyre is less puncture resistant and heavier/roll slower. Horses for courses but I can't bring myself to buy a worse tyre on paper even if I can't tell much difference out on the road.