2019 Transfers - Rumours and Confirmations

dish_dash
dish_dash Posts: 5,558
edited June 2019 in Pro race
Given some sponsor transfer rumours we may as well get this thread started...

Comments

• dish_dash
    Gweeds wrote:
    Not sure where this sits but

Looks like BMC will become Giant-Delloit next season, with Sunweb moving to Cervelo. Source is De Telegraaf.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    yes Sunweb def losing Giant next year.
  • dish_dash
    Dennis to Bahrain
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,150
    Valgren is supposedly looking for a move.

Ewen has been linked with New Lotto* as Greipel wanted two years but they only offered one.

*Yes it's New Lotto now

In journalism transfers, Jeremy Whittle has taken his 'oh, I'm so suspicious' schtick to it's natural home at the Guardian.
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • De Gendt got a good extension and contract at Lotto apparently Two years?
  • RichN95.
    RichN95 is transferring from the Patent Office to Admiral Insurance
  • m.r.m.
    m.r.m. Posts: 3,339
    Congrats! Refrain from starting a fight club.
    PTP Champion 2019, 2022 & 2023
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    RichN95 wrote:

Fading pro takes one last big money contract before retiring and opening up a Pro Race themed cafe.
    Half man, Half bike
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Ridgerider wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Fading pro takes one last big money contract before retiring and opening up a Pro Race themed cafe.

Will there be framed print-outs from the forum on the walls? - "That's the joke I won post of the Tour with, this one is when I correctly predicted Stage 14 of the Giro when everybody else thought [insert rider name] would win, and here's the epic battle where I beat [insert poster handle] over 7 pages". "This one's very special, it's my Froome Giro top end power and injury theory, signed by Kerrison himself!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • Pross
    Pross Posts: 40,479
    RichN95 wrote:

I hope you're getting your name added on the outside of the building? A decent agent would have got it done in yellow for you.
  • RichN95.
    Pross wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

I hope you're getting your name added on the outside of the building? A decent agent would have got it done in yellow for you.
    All in good time I suppose. At least it will be added on at the end so I'll be able to find it.
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    Ridgerider wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

Will there be framed print-outs from the forum on the walls? - "That's the joke I won post of the Tour with, this one is when I correctly predicted Stage 14 of the Giro when everybody else thought [insert rider name] would win, and here's the epic battle where I beat [insert poster handle] over 7 pages". "This one's very special, it's my Froome Giro top end power and injury theory, signed by Kerrison himself!"

So long as I can barista...
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • RichN95.
    Ridgerider wrote:
    RichN95 wrote:

You won't be surprised that the career I'm going into is Data Analysis. I've done enough of that on here over the years.
  • RichN95.
    Anyway, enough about me.

Transfer rumours.

Big cuts expected at BMC after Andy Rihs's death. GVA probably on the move (Bahrain maybe).
    Cofidis seem fed up with Bouhanni.
    Valgren looks likely to leave Astana
    The Yateses' deals are up at Mitchelton and not 100% staying with Trek (Adam) and UAE (Simon) having a sniff.
    Betancur may go to UAE mid season
    Van Aert the prize plum to be picked

Also talk of Quintana to Astana, Ulissi to EF Education, Caruso to Sky

Most of this comes from the Italian media and is therefore probably nonsense
  • m.r.m.
    Van Aert has a relationship with Trek. Would expect him to go there and take the Cancellara role.
  • ShutupJens
    ShutupJens Posts: 1,373
    M.R.M. wrote:
    Van Aert has a relationship with Trek. Would expect him to go there and take the Cancellara role.

Yeah it was mentioned after Strade Bianche and I wondered if they would take him. Bearing in mind that Pidcock is alleged to be heading there after two cross seasons with Telenet Fidea, that would be the makings of a pretty good team
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,586
    I have a theory that a Admiral is bloody hotel California.

No one ever leaves that place (at least, at a Senior level)
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    RichN95 wrote:
    Cofidis seem fed up with Bouhanni.

Van Aert the prize plum to be picked
    Both are under contract with their current teams for next season, so either need to have their contract terminated, or buy themselves out.
  • inseine
    inseine Posts: 5,786
    So, Ewan to Lotto (whatever they're called) and no contract yet for Greipel.
  • ShutupJens
    inseine wrote:

Red Lotto?
  • rick_chasey
    ShutupJens wrote:
    inseine wrote:

Red Lotto?

Ja.

They've always had a penchent for a sprinter, ever since the days of Robbie.
  • andyp
    andyp Posts: 10,104
    It'll be interesting to see where SEG Racing's Stephen Williams goes - he won two stages and the overall at the Ronde de l'Isard a couple of weeks ago, and finished second and took the lead at the Baby Giro today. Pretty much guaranteed to get a good pro deal with results like that.
  • ShutupJens
    andyp wrote:
    It'll be interesting to see where SEG Racing's Stephen Williams goes - he won two stages and the overall at the Ronde de l'Isard a couple of weeks ago, and finished second and took the lead at the Baby Giro today. Pretty much guaranteed to get a good pro deal with results like that.

Followed SEG's progress on FB for a while. Seems to be the Euro answer to Axeon whatever in the states, turn out some pretty solid talent
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    inseine wrote:

Ewen left out of the TDF squad for M-S.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • m.r.m.
    How does that tie in to rumours of him possibly signing with Lotto Soudal?

Do they not take him because of him (possibly) signing there, or are they really focusing on Yates after his brother's stellar performance at the Giro?

If he hasn't signed elsewhere, will this "snub" make it a certainty he will leave M-S for another team similar to Viviani leaving Sky?
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,388
    probably not at all

yes (Lets be honest, he aint gonna win)

yes
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • rick_chasey
    Groenewgen > Ewen.
  • carbonclem
    carbonclem Posts: 1,597
    Twitter said Ewan to Sky yesterday. Quite why any sprinter would consider such a career move, cashola aside, is baffling though.
    2020/2021/2022 Metric Century Challenge Winner
  • No_Ta_Doctor
    No_Ta_Doctor Posts: 13,309
    Groenewgen > Ewen.

Rich and Groenewegen

DrearySpiritedGemsbok-size_restricted.gif
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format
  • rick_chasey
    Here's a question, has any other rider won their first Tour stage on the Champs-Élysées sprint finish?