sungod Posts: 16,522
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride, cafe, profound relaxation remainder of day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, will be going for a ride before breakfast 8 am breakfast at the weekend, then work
    Sauna and swim later
    Have a good weekend
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Hotel breakfast in a minute, then a tennis, lunch and then rope course with the kids.

Later is the main dinner with more free bar
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Mild hangover for some reason. Traditional slow start is being had. Need to make another cup of tea before putting the coffee on. Off to see the ‘rents later as the old dear is off to Italy tomorrow. Sister has done the reverse to look after the old man. Other than that a bit of pottering and maybe pub later.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,561
    Home for a long weekend with Significant Other. Bliss. Weather awesome for a winter's day, so a nice long walk followed by a lunch in the sun and some tinkering in the shed. Dinner and a bottle of red. Perfect.

Does your winter day look like this?

40880159040_e9cb5ebf08_b.jpg

41971150264_d5db8e3fc9_b.jpg
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Weather improving by the minute here. Shoulder rehab ex’s done, saw consultant last night who was well pleased. Much further on than he expected, just need to speak to the physio then start trying to get strong again.
    Also my birthday today, gifts so far
    Wallet
    Panama hat
    Silk cravat and pocket square
    Book
    Family visiting later so maybe even more stuff.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Happy birthday Webboo.
    I’m now lying on the floor because my glassback is giving me gyp again.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Happy birthday Webboo! Rapidly improving shoulder and a heap of gifts. What's not to like?

Mowed the dandelions, raked the moss. Mrs and mini are at the ballet. Dunno where the boy is. I'm going to take doggo to the woods for a scamper.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Wheelspinner, you are going to get yourself banned posting pictures like that!

First ever sportive event, tick. Cobbler Classic in Northamptonshire. And Northamptonshire is decidedly not flat. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Will do more.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    HBD Webboo.

Pedal achieved with my neighbour, and after bumping into Rick Chasey last week, brought him along too.

Shopped for more food than I know what to do with. So far have made kimchi sauce and pork rub. Now to do the rubbing and get it in the oven for 16 hours. 6kg for sub 30 quid. Bloody bargain.

Kimchi slaw , chimichurri sauce, bean salad and new potatoes will be the sides.

Got huge quantities of fruit too. Fruit salad probably. White wine melon perhaps. May do that Jamie Oliver watermelon ice as well.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Shopped for more food than I know what to do with. So far have made kimchi sauce and pork rub. Now to do the rubbing and get it in the oven for 16 hours. 6kg for sub 30 quid. Bloody bargain.

Kimchi slaw , chimichurri sauce, bean salad and new potatoes will be the sides.

Got huge quantities of fruit too. Fruit salad probably. White wine melon perhaps. May do that Jamie Oliver watermelon ice as well.

That is a great bargain! Catering for numbers, and indeed catering full stop, is ALL preparation. You can be serene like a swan, because all the feverish paddling happens out of sight.

Sounds delicious Shirl, I hope all goes well. My brother (a chef) makes his own kimchi in big kilner jars. It smells evil, but tastes pretty good.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Home for a long weekend with Significant Other. Bliss. Weather awesome for a winter's day, so a nice long walk followed by a lunch in the sun and some tinkering in the shed. Dinner and a bottle of red. Perfect.

I think this must count as trolling. Or at least provocative :)

Busy day, gofering (going for this, going for that) with a good Thai lunch in between over in Crystal Palace for my cousin's birthday. Unfortunately I was driving so will need to compensate this evening.

And happy birthday Webboo - that makes 2 today. I'll be up your end of the world next weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

Looks like a bad day in Cwmbran.

Overall though, for somewhere outside of God’s own country it’s not bad we admit,
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Happy birthday Webboo. A cravat, eh? Hopefully you have a cigarette holder to go with that.
    Hangover now subsiding. Had bacon, eggs and oatcakes for tea with some wine. Worked a treat.
    Apart from that, today I did, I think, nothing. Laters.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...scamper.

You can take the man out of Coventry but...

Have a good one Weboo.

Me did odd jobs me. Utility room is fitted.
    Just have a bit of tiling and flooring to do plus some silly jobs and PPP is done.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning

Drive to Cannock early this morning. Broke bike, found a bike shop with half the parts then rode to another for the rest. Top service from both tbh. Made for a long day out on the bike.

Knees and quads hurt. Time for bed I reckon.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Well the in laws turned up with a card and a bottle of single malt. When went out for a meal at the local restaurant they gave us a bottle of Pomerol 2008 out of ther cellar. It’s not turned out bad apart from being fu*king older than I ever thought I would be.