My Bianchi Aria Potenza

shylocuk
shylocuk Posts: 41
edited September 2018 in Your road bikes
Hi, I thought I'd post up my Bianchi Aria, as standard build but with some Italian, or Hungarian :) bartape.

Im loving the stiffness and not noticeable difference going from a compact to a semi crank.

Let me know what you think.

26986210917_cb44f02454_c.jpg

Comments

• shylocuk
    I'm useless at posting pics, can anyone fix it for me please?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    edited May 2018
    1 Open you image in Flickr
    2 Click on the icon on the lower RHS that looks like a arrow pointing up and to the right (share).
    3 Select 'View BB Code" and choose an image size (600*800 is what I usually go for)
    4 Copy the code provided in the BB code window - all if it
    5 Open an old or new post in bikeradar
    6 press paste (ctrl +v)

I tidy it up by removing a lot of the flickr fluff but it isn't essential.

That should be it. If you use other hosting files you need to find the 'image address' i.e the one starting http:// and ending .jpg. Often you can get this by right clicking the image and selecting 'copy image address', but it isn't failsafe.

Wrap that in image tags as below:

7 Select the Img tab from those above the text box in a new post window
    8 A set of Img brackets will appear
    9 Put your cursor between these brackets and paste your image address (Contr + V keys)
    10 your image will be embedded in the post - do a preview just to check

(edited for slight corrections)
  • ^Also set to public not private
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • 211dave112
    211dave112 Posts: 125
    Was there a reason for the bar tape? Not many colours look good next to Celeste - and definitely not red or green!

It's a Bianchi with Campagnolo. It's Italian enough.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Can't see anything dude.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shylocuk
    I'm gonna fix the photo soon.. The bar tape.. didn't fancy over celesting it, blacks a bit boring. Was browsing through some supacaz stuff and saw this, and I like it.
  • 26986210917_cb44f02454_b.jpg
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Matthewfalle
    I was looking at these before buying my S5 - it's very nice.

We'll agree to disagree over the bar tape but put some phat deep rims on there and it'll be even lusher.

Overall very nice though.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shylocuk
    Hi,

Just added photo, Thanks for the help Shirley Basso and SloppySchleckonds, Yeah some deep rims would be nice, and i'm keeping my eyes open for a decent deal on some nice ones, i'm not going to go cheap. I like the look of Campy Bullet 50's so i'll hang on for a good price :)

At the time of buying it was a choice between this with the pedals and a new Garmin, or a Giant propel advance disc with no new Garmin, i'm happy with my decision.
  • shirley_basso
    Definitely this over the Propel. Bit of a bland choice, even if it is a good bike. The Aria looks amazing and deep rims would suit it well.

I am a stickler and would ever so slightly change one or two things:

- I'd say the bars need to be rolled forward a smudge, get the levers horizontal and the bottom of the drops horizontal
    - The saddle bag is far too large for my tastes (I use a water bottle tool holder thingy which holds a tube, 2 levers, multi tool, co2 and co2 pump and pack of sticky patches. I then carry a hand pump and one more tube in my pockets. I think it looks much smarter but do appreciate it's not ideal if you ride somewhere hot.
    - Personally I wouldn't go Bullets as alu braking tracks on carbon wheels looks dreadful. Carbon brake tracks, brake pad compounds and brake calipers are good enough now that you don't really need alu unless you do lots of large mountains. I don't know the cost but I would definitely go with Boras if that works.
    - The bar tape colour is grotesque
  • shylocuk
    bora ultras are well outside my wallet/wife range! if carbon tracks/blocks are good enough, then maybe i'll think about some mavics, or maybe the fulcrum racing quattros

I will tilt the bar down slightly, agreed it looks tilted up, i like the bartape.... there's no accounting for taste :)
  • Matthewfalle
    shylocuk wrote:
    bora ultras are well outside my wallet/wife range! if carbon tracks/blocks are good enough, then maybe i'll think about some mavics, or maybe the fulcrum racing quattros

I will tilt the bar down slightly, agreed it looks tilted up, i like the bartape.... there's no accounting for taste :)

For deep rims go Carbonzone, Hunt, Planet X.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shirley_basso
    Bora Ones perhaps - should be the same wheel as the FRQ. Otherwise there's also Prime (Wiggle own brand) or handbuilt, just go for cheapo hubs if they're summer wheels.

P-X only do tubs if you want full carbon (I think).
  • shylocuk
    i've looked at planet x, but i won't be going carbonzone as i want somewhere to go if i end up with a problem. I've seen a cheap chinese wheel delaminate on a friends bike, i don't want that to happen.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited May 2018
    shylocuk wrote:
    i've looked at planet x, but i won't be going carbonzone as i want somewhere to go if i end up with a problem. I've seen a cheap chinese wheel delaminate on a friends bike, i don't want that to happen.

MF has had a pair of Carbonzone for years and have used them for racing, training, commuting and posing and never had a problem.

Thousands of people use Chinese wheels and they are basically the same as Hunt etc but with different logos.

But hey, your prerogative.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle

P-X only do tubs if you want full carbon (I think).

MF wonders why you would bother with anything else?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shylocuk
    Updated with new wheels..

41955031094_3565dbe124_c.jpg

27804468557_3840361239_c.jpg
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Lovely looking bike but you've had it long enough now to take away that bar tape. It's horrible.
  • shylocuk
    The tape stays :P
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    If you are gonna do the il Tricolore thing, at least do it right and have green/white/red rather than green/white/red/white green ... I personally would go for white tape and a white/black or white/celeste saddle ...

But then I’d also call the bike ‘Daphne’ ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • JakeJ
    JakeJ Posts: 151
    shylocuk wrote:

:lol::lol: I think the idea of the tape sounds quite clever, but putting it into practice, not so much.

I always thought the rule of thumb is that you match your bar tape to the colour of your saddle?

Then again, I have a white* saddle and black bar tape..

*it used to be white, now it's kind of not.
    I need a new black one.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Great looking bike - but the novelty bar tape is a distraction...
  • Matthewfalle
    shylocuk wrote:

But it looks shhitt and it’s the wrong colour way. Should be green at the top if you insist on doing that.

Looks like a reject from the 80s when we all did our handlebars in insulting tape.

Please make it black.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Sorry feller. Your complete refusal to acknowledge the horrendous bar tape tells me your other half probably has to dress you in the morning so that you don't leave the house looking like an absolute state, such is your interpretation of "style". :lol::lol:

I'm only joking, my wife dresses me too.
  • shylocuk
    She doesn't dress me in the morning, she tells me what to wear the night before....

I'm not refusing to acknowledge that the bar tape does not match celeste, and should probably be black or at the worst celeste, but i like not to conform, I like that it stands out, and looks "hideous"

It may not be to everyone's or anyone else's taste, but it is to mine, but i do appreciate your opinion and feedback.
  • Matthewfalle
    There’s non conformism and there’s this.

Just please never take it to Italy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,480
    @OP Enjoy in good health with the knowledge that the detractors simply aren't looking correctly to come to their dubious conclusions.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • warrior4life
    warrior4life Posts: 925
    Great looking bike.
    I'm not sure about the tape, its something I would have tried myself but I think i'd switch back.
    Then again if I'd spent £25 on bar tape I'd keep it on for a few months.
    Id either go black or celeste with the tape.
  • I don't know who you are, I don't know what you want, but if you don't change that bar tape, I will find you, I will change your bar tape for you!
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    Beautiful bike and good choice on the Quattro's, I have the same wheels but the tape is goddam awful looking. Black or celeste is the only colours you should consider with black being preferable and definitely not white!