TINAT - Mike Hall Memorial. Anyone doing it?

RallyBiker
RallyBiker Posts: 378
I was hoping to get out on one of the routes, unfortunately, SWMBO needs a trip to Malta that week so that's been shot down in flames. RIP Mike Hall

Comments

• peat
    peat Posts: 1,242
    Yeah, i'm down for one of the 300's. Looking forward to the lesser beaten tracks of mid Wales.
  • nammynake
    nammynake Posts: 196
    Yep doing the 'slow' 400, although aiming to complete it in the 'fast' time limit. Sounds like a great adventure!
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    In for the 600, suspect I'll get to about the 30km part, pull over to the side of the road and wonder what the fuck I'm doing. Have a cry wank then bugger off home.

Looking forward to it
  • Cheshire Cat
    Cheshire Cat Posts: 309
    Doing the fast 400, looking forward to it in a masochistic way.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,172
    Good luck to all... they look awesome, if hard as nails
    left the forum March 2023
  • fontm0ss
    fontm0ss Posts: 31
    I hadn’t seen this, thanks for heads up!
  • peat
    they look awesome, if hard as nails

Can confirm.

:shock: :cry: :arrow: :D
  • Cheshire Cat
    https://advntr.cc/report-tinat-mike-hall/

A few words regarding the days ride.
    “Faster, Faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.” Hunter S Thompson
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Text and background both in black?
  • Cheshire Cat
    Text and background both in black?

Not sure what you mean?
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Website is almost impossible to read. Had to just highlight it all.

Good write up though. LONG day out!
  • Cheshire Cat
    Oh, not sure why that is, frigging technology. It was a long day, but I didn’t hear a single complaint, the true spirit of the ride was embraced by everyone, and that is refreshing to see and experience.
  • peat
    Nice write up CC.

I was on the 300A and that was plenty for me. I was almost ready to pack at Dolgellau, If i knew i had Bwlch-y-Groes to come, I probably would have!

It took me just an hour less to complete than Brevet Cymru 400 a few weeks previously. It was THAT hard. Kudos to everyone who started, let alone finished. Great weekend.
  • fontm0ss
    fontm0ss Posts: 31
    Looked a great event but sounded hard as a hard thing!
  • Cheshire Cat
    Fontm0ss wrote:
    Looked a great event but sounded hard as a hard thing!

It was very testing, and a great challenge for any rider, the 200 and 300km routes would have been equally challenging and a good stepping stone for those wishing to step up the distance they ride.

15/16th June 2019...make a note for next year.