wednesday when stone is dust and only air remains

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,526
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, stuff, globally as usual

it's a small world and it smells funny

in the spirit of pinno's coffee theme, today you get points for great songs of killing, sweet columbine, john wayne gacy is big leggy, ra ra komaroff, etc., leave out charles manson though, his music is bland, almost as bad as that ginger busker
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Long commute today :) so we had a quick trip to the local last night
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, another day at work, will probably use the pool and sauna later on, it looks a bit over cast out side this morning
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Strumming my pain with his fingers, singing my life with his words.

Or at the other end of the spectrum, the 1985 thrash classic killing is my business...and business is good.

Stuff, nonsense, bike.

I might convert to be a follower of Selassie I, so I and I can reach the 'ighest 'ights wid mi bredren from Wales. Battle di forces of Babylon who come tear down mi shrubbery.
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    Lawn mowing and child ferrying day. Need to find some napalm for the jungle that borders my patio.

Song: "Ripper to shreds" by Blondie
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,462
    Tell me what, I don't like Wednesdays...business trip to Northampton to do some Brexit planning. Sitting in Euston waiting for my train. The joys.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Need a change of perspective so looking through Gary Gilmore's eyes. Unfortunately it's not helping.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Damp and drizzly here. Chores done but there’s a skip that needs filing, not sure whether the bike will get ridden. A bit like a holiday in Cambodia.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    I shot the sheriff... or did Hoppy beat me to it?

Work sux.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Tell me what, I don't like Wednesdays...business trip to Northampton to do some Brexit planning. Sitting in Euston waiting for my train. The joys.

Welcome to my dismal end of the country! Back in the office today so sans dog/footwarmer. Not overly in the mood to do work but bills must be paid etc.
  • veronese68
    Got the old dear's Micra MOT'd, unfortunately it passed so lives to fight another year. I was sat there chatting with some of the testers when I heard a familiar sounding exhaust not. Saw an old Triumph TR6C at the other end of the workshop, Thought to myself I know that bike. It's the bike a friend of mine has been rebuilding for another friend. Had a quick blast down the road on it, made me think I really should get mine done. The other bit of weirdness was when the boss there said he'd seen me on the telly, gave them all a good laugh.
    Although today feels like a Thursday to me after beer and curry last night it is in fact Wednesday so I shall be going to the pub later to ensure Thursday also feels like Thursday.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Just muddling through stuff, site visits and handrails at the moment. Deep joy...

Shall I go the pub later> Errrrr, no I doubt it.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,462
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Welcome to my dismal end of the country! Back in the office today so sans dog/footwarmer. Not overly in the mood to do work but bills must be paid etc.
    Thankfully I'm leaving now :) On the plus side I got a lift from and to the station from our supply chain manager who drives a V8 Mustang - quite entertaining. The Dukes of Daventry...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Maybe cycling later, maybe beer. Hot and sunny and I'm stuck in the office trying not to kill people.

I shot a man in Glasgow, just to watch him die...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    what a random, random day ....... and its still going on.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Long week, not sure if it will get better. Plus side did book a holiday to Nice for two weeks at the end of July.

Time to hire a bike box

Oh ps hi
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    I think you should.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,526
    hmm, smoke on the water (well near the serpentine) viewed from gmc towers, news says it's the mandarin, nice bar but stupid prices for bubbly

i recommend evasive action, that's going to bugger up the roads south of the park
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think you should.
    I did
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Live and let die. Dire Straits Ride across the river (Soldier of Freedom).

Mi did fitting flue wid chimney sweep mi must now connect it. Try fitting bannista but sup'm guh wrong between mi an di joina who did suppose to cut mi di mortice holes inna Oak to a particular pattern...

Mi shrubbery is damn fine an no man gonna wrek it.

Ave yuh been playing wid matches again in dat Kensington posh place Sun God?

Howeva wi having great weatha an mi still depon dis game an pon schedule mi tink.

Laters man.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think you should.
    I did
    As did I.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I think you should.
    I did
    As did I.
    Was there ever any doubt?