tuesday with the axiom of choice

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited June 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh

think i need to arrange another holiday before the next one, eventually this will converge to the ideal state
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, back up north with rain and cooler weather, a 12 hour shift followed with either a swim or a bike rode, weather depending
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Lots of big bosses around today in an office too far from home.

Later is undecided, but I could do with sorting the race bike out and more importantly booking some more races, just need to get the big run out of the way first
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Up early to drive wife in to York to catch a train, she’s out on a jolly with her mate and they want to have a drink or two. Will have repeat this later this evening. Might ride my bike in between.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Tired. Having coffee the going to get the day on the go but feeling pretty unmotivated.

Oh - have got bike fit thing this morning so I and I can start to hack up MF’s S5.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning
    Up early to drive wife in to York to catch a train, she’s out on a jolly with her mate and they want to have a drink or two. Will have repeat this later this evening. Might ride my bike in between.

Any norks pics?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    On the train into town for a free Full English at the advisors in return for sitting round a table and giving my opinions. Not sure the hourly rate is too good on that. Later is more tax audit fun. Whoopee.

In other news Muttley turns 3 today so he's going to get spoilt by Strifey and Stropteen once the daily GCSEs are over.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    On the train into town for a free Full English at the advisors in return for sitting round a table and giving my opinions. Not sure the hourly rate is too good on that. Later is more tax audit fun. Whoopee.

In other news Muttley turns 3 today so he's going to get spoilt by Strifey and Stropteen once the daily GCSEs are over.

I and I both think that you should show him the motivational presentation as part of his birthday breakfast in order that he knows which way to head in life.

If you do it on a daily basis it'll reinforce the point.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I and I both think that you should show him the motivational presentation as part of his birthday breakfast in order that he knows which way to head in life.

If you do it on a daily basis it'll reinforce the point.
    A motivational presentation for Muttley is showing him a bowl with some food in it.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Woken to grim day at the Belgrade premier Inn, Coventry. I feel overdressed with my beige trousers, crisp white shirt, Ray bans and sun hat.
  • Matthewfalle
    Coventry? Oh my word.

I and I and MF feel so sorry for you,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Woken to grim day at the Belgrade premier Inn, Coventry. I feel overdressed with my beige trousers, crisp white shirt, Ray bans and sun hat.
    As a native of that fair city, and with my mother and brother still resident there, I can only offer my sincere condolences. Remember to wipe your feet on the way out.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cold out. Bottom bracket area a bit less wobbly after V68 applied about 4 billion Nm of torque to the cranks, though I'm off to browse for a new gxp bb this morning. Will have to visit V68 when it arrives, as there's no way I'm getting those cranks off again with my tools!
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, very sunburnt after a few days on Mull. Weather is nice again here. Currently reading reviews of the Cervelo R3 disc rather than working. Looks perfect
  • webboo
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning

Any norks pics?
    I could send you a picture of my moobs that I seem to have acquired since I have been unable to do any upper body training.
  • haydenm
    Webboo wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning

Any norks pics?
    I could send you a picture of my moobs that I seem to have acquired since I have been unable to do any upper body training.

I know this is a petty argument for the training part of the forum, but surely putting on moobs is to do with general calorie expenditure rather than upper body training? Doing upper body training will just make your muscles harder underneath the fat...

As you were :wink:
  • Matthewfalle
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh stupid:

a. Bicycles
    b. Motorbikes

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    HaydenM wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning

Any norks pics?

I know this is a petty argument for the training part of the forum, but surely putting on moobs is to do with general calorie expenditure rather than upper body training? Doing upper body training will just make your muscles harder underneath the fat...

Yes I am aware but because I am a greedy f*cker and are unable to expend as many calories as normal I’ve now got moobs.
    However I did squeeze out four poor reps of 70 pounds on the bench press this morning. I’ve a long way to go :lol:
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Webboo wrote:
    However I did squeeze out four poor reps of 70 pounds on the bench press this morning.
    Is that good or bad?

Morning folks,
    Slightly late start for me this morning, dropped the girl at school for English GCSE. She was nervous before but rang on her way home to say it went well. That's a relief, can't wait for them to be over. Same with Stevo I know. Dumped the car at the school and wobbled in from there, traffic was grim so was passing everyone.
    H³ was very impressed with my large tool last night, sounds like he will be back to feel it hard smooth shaft in the not too distant. Banged the cranks on to the maximum torque to try and limit movement think it helped a bit.
    Out for beer and curry with some of the bosses and a couple of colleagues later. Free beer and curry is always a good thing.
  • haydenm
    Webboo wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning

Any norks pics?

Yes I am aware but because I am a greedy f*cker and are unable to expend as many calories as normal I’ve now got moobs.
    However I did squeeze out four poor reps of 70 pounds on the bench press this morning. I’ve a long way to go :lol:

I personally prefer a solid muscle base for my moobs to hang from. That way I can tense my pecs and make them bounce up and down. Very alluring.
  • veronese68
    I may have mentioned before that the area I work in is a bit of a shithole. New one on us today, a colleague had the exhaust stolen off his car whilst it was in the car park.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I may have mentioned before that the area I work in is a bit of a shithole. New one on us today, a colleague had the exhaust stolen off his car whilst it was in the car park.

A few years ago it was not a rare occurrence. Cat converters were prized for their platinum content and were regularly hacked off. Mind you, this usually happened during the cover of darkness, not in the staff car park during the day. :shock: They don't even do that around here.
  • Matthewfalle
    TDV isn’t here again so I and I and MF are watching the TT with wine and The Hound.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    TDV isn’t here again so I and I and MF are watching the TT with wine and The Hound.
    I and I are also watching the TT with wine. No hound, miss having one :( .
    Where the flip is BBGeek with more wine. It’s not much to ask, is it? I might have to have a word.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    Where the flip is BBGeek with more wine. It’s not much to ask, is it? I might have to have a word.

They be all mental.

We’re now watching the Criterium Dauphine - as much as we all like like a good bicycle race it’s all a bit bland after watching some bloke doing 185mph through a village.

I’d have a word with BBG ASAP - you don’t want him getting slack now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226

They be all mental.

We’re now watching the Criterium Dauphine - as much as we all like like a good bicycle race it’s all a bit bland after watching some bloke doing 185mph through a village.

I’d have a word with BBG ASAP - you don’t want him getting slack now.
    Agreed. BBGButler has been rebuked. Criterium watched and digested. TT still nice to catch. There is nothing else on this planet to catch it.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    However I did squeeze out four poor reps of 70 pounds on the bench press this morning.
    Is that good or bad?
    Tragic.

Me slaved away me. Now stuffing my face furiously to make up for the calorie deficit.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    A friend of mine raced the TT course years ago on a GSXR. He did it all wrong. His out lap was his quickest, but should have been his slowest. Fact is he scared himself shitless so backed off a bit in a couple of places for the second lap. Third lap should have been quicker but his nerves got the better of him again so he knocked it back a bit more. Still got bigger cojones to do that than most idiots.

Re the stolen exhaust we’re sure they were after the cat. It’s an old Honda Accord so could have been MF whilst MF was distracting the staff buying some hose.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    R...could have been MF whilst MF was distracting the staff buying some hose.

I think you have stumbled on potential serial ploys.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    A friend of mine raced the TT course years ago on a GSXR. He did it all wrong. His out lap was his quickest, but should have been his slowest. Fact is he scared himself shitless so backed off a bit in a couple of places for the second lap. Third lap should have been quicker but his nerves got the better of him again so he knocked it back a bit more. Still got bigger cojones to do that than most idiots.

Re the stolen exhaust we’re sure they were after the cat. It’s an old Honda Accord so could have been MF whilst MF was distracting the staff buying some hose.

i and and i will have a word with the MFs and see if they have been up to any shenanigans.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    they all say that it was nothing to do with them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.