Tyres similar to OnOne smorgasbord

larkim
larkim Posts: 2,474
edited June 2018 in MTB general
Got a big split in the tubeless smorgasbord and went to the OnOne website to find no stock in 650b tyres.

Any recommendations for something similar - i.e. decent value, decent all-round summer performance for broadly XC style riding locally and in Delamere, plus a few days around Llandegla or Cannock every few months.

I'm guessing something like an Ardent would make a reasonable all-round alternative?
2015 Canyon Nerve AL 6.0 (son #1's)
2011 Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc (son #4s)
2013 Decathlon Triban 3 (red) (mine)
2019 Hoy Bonaly 26" Disc (son #2s)
2018 Voodoo Bizango (mine)
2018 Voodoo Maji (wife's)

Comments

• phz
    phz Posts: 478
    Can't immediately think of a tyre with a similar tread pattern to the Smorgasbord, but they are made in the Maxxis factory so maybe an Ardent or High Roller would be closest in 'spirit' to the On-One tyre.

Personally I didn't get on with the Smorgasbord (or the Chunky Monkey for that matter). When I'm not riding my 26+ bike my go to all-round conventional tyres are a Specialized Butcher / Slaughter combination - good for all but the stickiest mud (the edge knobbles of the semi-slick Slaughter are surprisingly good in wet, sloppy mud). Go for the Grid sidewalls if you're worried about cutting tyres.
  • larkim
    Not worried about cuts, just looking for something that fits the bill as a similar all round performer. I don't buy tyres regularly enough to be over the range and what is good or not.
  • larkim
    Similar or not, at £12.99 for a Specialized Ground Control 2Bliss 650b 2.1 I've got a couple of those on the way. If nothing else, value for money should be OK!