edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

maybe gym, certainly cafe, perhaps wfh

wonder if it will rain
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Working far away from home, so leaving early and back late - means no exercise, but after not running properly for a few months, done 16 miles this week, so a rest day isn’t too bad
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, rain and Windy here , will be going to discuss a job today with a contracting company, I’m not 100% sure I want to work for them, but I am sure I can make my mind up later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,469
    Sat at City airport getting some brekky as I'm early for my flight to Clogland. Still no rush as first meeting is with the minions. Beer tonight for retiring minions' farewell bash so can't complain too much.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,528
    don't forget the bubbly with brekkie

looking very murky out, wonder when it's going to rain next
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    sungod wrote:
    don't forget the bubbly with brekkie

looking very murky out, wonder when it's going to rain next
    Would do if it wasn't so damn early and I wasn't so bad at doing mornings. Being asleep face down in my bacon and eggs wouldn't be a good look. There will be some fizzy wine tonight so I can make amends later :)

Anyhow, time for my bumpy ride to Antwerp on one of those dinky twin prop engined Fokkers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Absolutely pouring down. Thinks a quiet day is in order.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,298
    Morning folks,
    A little moist out, cycling kit still damp after yesterday so good job I'm taking the car for an MOT today. Remembered to take the old MOT with me, forgot my wallet which is a bit inconvenient so raided the petty cash tin. Need to get some biscuits for the tester as well. A colleague is leaving today so there will be cakes later.
    I was supposed to be going to visit one of our Wednesday night lot in the hospice after work, still got a face full of lurgy so I don't think I should be going. Might make it to the pub later though, well it is Wednesday.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Not raining yet here but it looks like it’s way. According to the BBC weather forecast there is not much wind around, so I’m wondering what’s making the trees go horizontal.
    Might have to be a walk given the weather.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning

Did a ride-drive-ride to the office today because I couldn't be bothered going back to the car last night and just went straight home. Took the GF 2.5 hours to notice that my car was missing and genuinely thought someone had stolen it :lol:

Cool and overcast outside today, looks like it will rain in a bit. Warm and humid in the office though :(

Meetings all day today so unlikely to get anything decent done.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    "Peng". I like this term of approval. As in, "she is bare peng, I would enjoy taking her to the opera one evening".

Nice and cool out. Taking it easy this week as I'm doing a lumpy "sportive" down in west sussex on Saturday with my brother and a couple of others. I expect I'll be playing windbreak, but it's a pass for a longer ride out in the sticks. Must remember to check my brake pads and oil the chain.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, bright and sunny here. My mate set off from Gloucester at 3am this morning, estimated ETA of 10pm this evening so I am going to ride down to Penrith after work and drag him up into the headwind (if he makes it that far). Can I assume all the bad weather is along the M6 route all the way up? I'm very much looking forward to meeting a bedraggled and unhappy cyclist then riding just far enough ahead so he can't draft, very much pay back for all of the punishment he's put me through... :wink:
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Sat at City airport getting some brekky as I'm early for my flight to Clogland. Still no rush as first meeting is with the minions. Beer tonight for retiring minions' farewell bash so can't complain too much.

Glad my days of early morning flights are over :D

Now, what's the weather, is it cycling or shooting today?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,008
    *Nips into Essex. Performs awesomeness. Back north before anyone notices*
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    My friend has made it north of Lancaster and has been doing 18.3mph average since 3am into a headwind, he thinks he's going to make it, I suspect he will blow up soon and need my tow. Tempted to leave work early to go down and 'help'...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,325
    Gloucester to Penrith in 1 day?!
    Are all your friends lunatics?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Good day in Clogsville, rounded off by a good dose of steak and wine :)