where can I get a Seatpost 30.8mm diameter

Setanta
Setanta Posts: 21
edited May 2018 in Workshop
My new custom made frame has a 30.8mm seatpost and I am having difficulty finding a suitable Carbon or aluminium seatpost.

Does anyone know which if any mainstream manufacturer makes a 30.8 mm diameter post?
There is no \'try\'

Comments

• cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    A thirty second Google gives Thomson or shims to take it down to 27.2 NZ then you can use just about everything.
  • Setanta
    Setanta Posts: 21
    cougie wrote:
    A thirty second Google gives Thomson or shims to take it down to 27.2 NZ then you can use just about everything.

Thanks,

I had found the Thompson - it is a racing frame and my 'dream build' so I was hoping for something lighter.

I also was aware of the shim option but am unsure if there is any disadvantage to this?

Thanks again
    There is no \'try\'
  • crankycrank
    crankycrank Posts: 1,830
    +1 with what cougie said. You might also want to have a talk with the builder of your frame as they may have a recommendation for a certain model to add to the feel of the frame. Seems an odd size for a custom builder to use knowing that seatpost choices would be more limited.
  • ctp046
    ctp046 Posts: 46
    There are alot of 30.9mm seatposts on Chain Reaction. Thompson masterpeice is pretty light. A Ritchey Superlogic. Doubt the tolerances are tight enough that 0.1mm is gonna be a dealbreaker.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Why is the frame 30.8 ? It's pretty unusual. Especially since it's a custom build.