tuesday on a speck in infinity

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, reviving coffee, prepare for webex with gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, all being well bail

seem to be in great demand, punters need to realise it is summer, a time to relax
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Manic day of work anticipated looking at the weekend email chatter, so the plan of a half day working round dropping the kids at theatre club looks broken :(
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, the sunshine has disappeared misty at the moment. No work for me until July now
    Wonderful
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Half term, so should be light traffic. No bosses in. Leaving in about 8 weeks. I reckon I might do the guardian as well as the times crossword.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, weather is starting to break here I think, bright today but only 18 degrees. Same tomorrow then light rain on Thursday and massive thunderstorms predicted for Friday. Luckily I'm off up to Mull on Thursday with some friends and we appear to be out running the poor weather.

On that note, taking the bike and want to beat my friend, does anyone know if there are any big road climbs on Mull? I'll have a slight advantage as I am not riding from Gloucester to Moffat on Wednesday but I just want to make sure...
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Feeling knackered this morning, dreadful night's kip as I seem to have picked up some sort of lurgy and could hardly breathe. Decided to ignore it and wobble into work anyway, not sure why I bothered to be honest. Good news is my immediate boss hasn't made it back from his holiday so more peace and quiet, think he's locked in a Hungarian S&M dungeon and can't get out. Should pretend to do some work really.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Speedy ride into the office today. Weather's nice now but forecast says it will cloud over later - possibly good TT weather though.

Going to be shopping for new MTB tyres today as the rear one has lost its seal again (tubeless) and is pretty worn anyway. They seem to cost more than car tyres.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    On that note, taking the bike and want to beat my friend, does anyone know if there are any big road climbs on Mull? I'll have a slight advantage as I am not riding from Gloucester to Moffat on Wednesday but I just want to make sure...
    Strava suggests Ben More - short and sharp: https://www.strava.com/segments/15531768
    or Glen More for something a bit longer but not that steep: https://www.strava.com/segments/7205894
    Can't say I've ridden either.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    oxoman wrote:
    Good luck keeping sane for the next couple of months Hoppy. Surely you can find something better than the crosswords to do.

Cheers Oxo. Yeah, I have a few bits to finish off, plus I have to secretly hire minions for my new job. Today will be crosswords and lounging though.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Good luck keeping sane for the next couple of months Hoppy. Surely you can find something better than the crosswords to do.
    Cheers Oxo. Yeah, I have a few bits to finish off, plus I have to secretly hire minions for my new job. Today will be crosswords and lounging though.
    Poach Stevo's minion with the big baps.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    A 12 hour house party on Saturday, A BBQ on Sunday and a 107 mile ride on Monday has left me slightly fubarred.

I just want my bed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Feeling weary after yesterday’s bike ride. However chores completed and later will sun lounging and shoulder rehab.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

At the risk of sounding a bit boring, I reckon you should get acquainted with the joys of Japanese CFC regs, as you'll almost certainly need to be in just over 8 weeks time :) Congrats on getting the new job confirmed BTW.

Good pedal in this morning. Getting prepped for tomorrows visit to Clogland - only downside is a 7:40am flight from City. But otherwise work is nicely under control and the minions can be left to their own devices for a couple of days. Now stuffing face to make up calorie deficit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Poach Stevo's minion with the big baps.
    Ideal if he's looking for someone with treasury skills as well as a great rack :wink:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]