Rose X-Lite 6 Ultegra DI2

KoenM
KoenM Posts: 95
edited October 2018 in Your road bikes
Bought the new Rose X-Lite 6 Ultegra DI2 here are the pics with the components listed, I added a few accents in blue, my favorite color.

39056137860_36ab1a89bb_b.jpg
40865842251_66debf043b_b.jpg
25993698367_7c50fe4140_b.jpg
40824549422_9eb7303ff1_b.jpg
39056134390_6e13636376_b.jpg
40824547932_e2934ee492_b.jpg
40865851711_3d4f83f431_b.jpg
39056131740_b9e0f8df0c_b.jpg
39056127960_8f0fea9580_b.jpg
40865857161_e774c54f57_b.jpg

Frame: Rose X-Lite Six, rimbrakes
Forks: Rose X-lite
Bars: WCS Road Streem II Carbon
Stem: Ritchey WCS C220
Headset: FSA NO.53
Bar Tape: Fi´zi:k Microtex with gelpadding

Front Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
Front Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 8000
Rear Brake Lever: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
Rear Caliper: Shimano Ultegra 8000

Shifters: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
Cables: Shimano Ultegra 8050
Front Mech: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2
Rear Mech: Shimano Ultegra 8050 Di2

Seat: Fi´zi:k Arione R1 sky edition (blue with special ass-saver)
Seat Post: Ritchey Superlogic Link 15 Flexlogic Carbon
Seat Post Clamp: Rose X-lite

Cranks: Shimano Ultegra 8000
Chainring(s): Shimano Ultegra 8000 50/34
Chain: Shimano Ultegra 8000
Cassette: Shimano Ultegra 8000 11x32
Pedals: Look Kéo 2 Max Blade (8 Nm spring)
Bottom Bracket: Shimano Ultegra 8000

Front Wheel: DT Swiss PRC 1400 Spline 35 carbon
Tire: Continental GP4000 SII 700x25C
Quick Release: Tune AC 100

Back Wheel: DT Swiss PRC 1400 Spline 35 carbon
Tire: Continental GP4000 SII 700x25C
Quick Release: Tune AC 130

Accessories:

Bottle Cages: Tune Wasserträger 2.0 some of the lightest bottle cages but not once did i lose a bottle, and I live in Belgium with alot of bad road and cobbles!
NC-17 Aluminium Bottle Cage Screws in blue
Valve Caps: Yakuza Presta in blue anodized
Bell: BBB EasyFit Deluxe in blue
Saddlebag: Ortlieb Micro ICS (special saddlebag that fit Fizik and Selle Royal saddles only) (with Topeak multitool and a spare tire in it).
Pump: Lezyne Road Drive Medium, old faithfull, never let me down.
GPS Handlebar mount: K-Edge Garmin Combo (fits a Garmin gps and a GoPro)
Lightweight Di2 Junction Box Holder, alot neater than with the included rubber strap

Weight:
With Saddle Bag/pump/pedals/...: 7,7kg
Without Saddlebag/pump/pedals: 6,9 kg, and those wheels aren't even superlight!

Comments

• alex222
    alex222 Posts: 598
    Nice. Thinking about getting an X Lite 6 next year myself.
    Weight a bit over that quoted by Rose, even factoring in the change of wheels, unless I’ve missed something.
  • KoenM
    Yeah as with most manufacturers the claimed weight is always lower. The wheels are 200gr heavier, the handlebars are a bit heavier, it all adds up, but yeah Rose is always alot off, but I knew that as I had a Rose before. If u add like 300-400grams to the website than u have the real weight. But nevertheless it's a light bike, with everything on it it's lighter than my old bike with nothing on it!
  • alex222
    KoenM wrote:
    Yeah as with most manufacturers the claimed weight is always lower. The wheels are 200gr heavier, the handlebars are a bit heavier, it all adds up, but yeah Rose is always alot off, but I knew that as I had a Rose before. If u add like 300-400grams to the website than u have the real weight. But nevertheless it's a light bike, with everything on it it's lighter than my old bike with nothing on it!
    Good stuff.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Lovely looking bike

But what's the blue lever thingy in the 3rd photo?
  • rando
    rando Posts: 285
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Lovely looking bike

Looks like a bell to me.
  • KoenM
    johnboy183 wrote:
    Lovely looking bike

It's a bell, u need one in Belgium, or u'll have to do alot of screaming xD.

Still searching for some blue accents, probably a gps-mount and a new lezyne pump.
  • johnboy183
    johnboy183 Posts: 832
    Love it. Get used much?
  • KoenM
    Just got it and it haven't had the chance to ride it because of the bad weather ( have another bike for that), I'll write my findings here when I did.
  • ollaay
    ollaay Posts: 166
    Looks great, love all the small little details on it.
  • Straighten those levers, re-wrap the bar tap, ditch the blue accents and chuck on some tubeless tyres and its job done.

And just how short is that stem
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • KoenM
    Straighten those levers, re-wrap the bar tap, ditch the blue accents and chuck on some tubeless tyres and its job done.

And just how short is that stem

U don't know bikefitting do u, stem is 90mm? And the blue accents are my own, it's my favourite colour, not all bikes have to look the same! And I didn't wrap the bartape and they are perfectly done. Ow and the levers are straight the photo isn't perfectly level.
    I do agree that tubeless tires are good, but not once did I get a flat on the same tire/inner tube combo in more than a year. My mtb is tubeless and that's good enough for me.
  • The blue really sets it off and distinguishes it from being yet another black bike. Not sure I would have left the ass-saver on for the pictures though!
  • KoenM
    The blue really sets it off and distinguishes it from being yet another black bike. Not sure I would have left the ass-saver on for the pictures though!

Well honestly it's a special ass-saver that only fits fizik saddles because of the special clip (as is the saddlebag) and u can only get it with that sky edition saddle. I leave my ass-saver always on u can have rain here when u don't expect it and it's a hassle to remove it!
  • But you fastidiously cleaned the chain and cassette and took beautiful bokeh and left on the bum bag and bum saver.

Minor niggles as it’s a stunning bike.
  • KoenM
    But you fastidiously cleaned the chain and cassette and took beautiful bokeh and left on the bum bag and bum saver.

Minor niggles as it’s a stunning bike.

Actually didn't clean it at all (it's brand new), and I made the photo's as I'm gonna ride it, but thanks for the nice comment!
  • andylau
    andylau Posts: 3
    May I know what size is the bike? Have you rode it yet?
  • KoenM
    It's a 55, but if u compare it to other bike brands it's more like a 54 than a 56, I've ridden it 3 times now, but no more than 3 hours (I have problems with my knee). It's awesome it feels alot lighter and more nimble than my old Rose Xeon. It's also more comfortable than even my Canyon, which was more comfortable than my Rose Xeon. And it's weird to use the review language here, but it feels like it wants to go fast! But 3 hours isn't alot, tomorrow i'm going to ride to a passage from the Tour of Flanders, and back to watch it on tv, should be around 140km so I can tell u more after that!
  • alex222
    Enjoy
  • andylau
    KoenM wrote:
    It's a 55, but if u compare it to other bike brands it's more like a 54 than a 56, I've ridden it 3 times now, but no more than 3 hours (I have problems with my knee). It's awesome it feels alot lighter and more nimble than my old Rose Xeon. It's also more comfortable than even my Canyon, which was more comfortable than my Rose Xeon. And it's weird to use the review language here, but it feels like it wants to go fast! But 3 hours isn't alot, tomorrow i'm going to ride to a passage from the Tour of Flanders, and back to watch it on tv, should be around 140km so I can tell u more after that!

Awaits your review. Also, which model is your Canyon?
  • KoenM
    Well yesterday i rode 140km in the cold, wind and sometimes rain to watch 29 seconds of the Tour of Flanders (or De ronde like we say it) xD!
    But it has been a very good test because, except for long climbs ,we did a loop that containted everything;
    long flats with heavy headwinds, cobbles, punchy climbs (with or without cobbles), a few flowy descents and even a couple of gravelroads (thanks Strava) and tailwind in the end!
    And man am I happy that I bought this bike, it is alot more aero than any other bike I had before (and alot more than the other 3 people I was with), it's maybe weird but I could feel that I had to do a little less effort than before (and i'm in worse shape than before because of my knee problem.
    I can't say that it feels alot stiffer than my old Rose (I'm not a pro), but it does feel more reactive on the climbs.
    But most of all, it's alot more comfortable than my old Rose, and my Canyon Endurace AL, I could fly over the coubles and could even follow my brother that was testing his gravel bike he was testing for Roubaix next week, and my hands weren't numb after it xD! Even got a 12th place (out of 2000+) on a couble street!
    And I'm probably as glad with the wheels I choose to get with the bike, in it's standard config the bike comes with Mavic R-sys SLR, but i'm not a big fan of Mavics and I already have climbing wheels. So for €13 more I choose the DT Swiss PRC 1400 Spline 35 carbon wheelset, not as light but alot wider, more aero and more spokes than the Mavic.
    They are stiffer than any other wheelset I have ever had so I can put the brakepads alot closer to the rim so the bike brakes with alot less effort than my other bikes (except for my mtb-bikes) and even on wet coubles descents it brakes just fine! Also they make such a cool sound when braking xD!

Conclussion: I'm not a pro or a bikereviewer and never road any bike close to this pricepoint, so these are just my feels! I have ridden less than last year and despite my bad knee I didn't feel tired or beat up after 140km and the bike felt great and could deal with anything without problems or slowing down to much!
  • andylau
    KoenM wrote:
    Well yesterday i rode 140km in the cold, wind and sometimes rain to watch 29 seconds of the Tour of Flanders (or De ronde like we say it) xD!
    But it has been a very good test because, except for long climbs ,we did a loop that containted everything;
    long flats with heavy headwinds, cobbles, punchy climbs (with or without cobbles), a few flowy descents and even a couple of gravelroads (thanks Strava) and tailwind in the end!
    And man am I happy that I bought this bike, it is alot more aero than any other bike I had before (and alot more than the other 3 people I was with), it's maybe weird but I could feel that I had to do a little less effort than before (and i'm in worse shape than before because of my knee problem.
    I can't say that it feels alot stiffer than my old Rose (I'm not a pro), but it does feel more reactive on the climbs.
    But most of all, it's alot more comfortable than my old Rose, and my Canyon Endurace AL, I could fly over the coubles and could even follow my brother that was testing his gravel bike he was testing for Roubaix next week, and my hands weren't numb after it xD! Even got a 12th place (out of 2000+) on a couble street!
    And I'm probably as glad with the wheels I choose to get with the bike, in it's standard config the bike comes with Mavic R-sys SLR, but i'm not a big fan of Mavics and I already have climbing wheels. So for €13 more I choose the DT Swiss PRC 1400 Spline 35 carbon wheelset, not as light but alot wider, more aero and more spokes than the Mavic.
    They are stiffer than any other wheelset I have ever had so I can put the brakepads alot closer to the rim so the bike brakes with alot less effort than my other bikes (except for my mtb-bikes) and even on wet coubles descents it brakes just fine! Also they make such a cool sound when braking xD!

Conclussion: I'm not a pro or a bikereviewer and never road any bike close to this pricepoint, so these are just my feels! I have ridden less than last year and despite my bad knee I didn't feel tired or beat up after 140km and the bike felt great and could deal with anything without problems or slowing down to much!

Thanks KoenM for your generous effort in writing this review. I'm saving up money to buy one myself.
  • gunwin5
    gunwin5 Posts: 1
    Hi, looks nice. I am thinking about getting a x lite 6 disc. What bottom bracket standard does it have?
  • KoenM
    gunwin5 wrote:
    Hi, looks nice. I am thinking about getting a x lite 6 disc. What bottom bracket standard does it have?

Standard shimano press-fit.
  • dstev55
    dstev55 Posts: 742
    Love the dark blue touches. Looks fantastic. It's a shame you need such a short stem as it does spoil the look of the bike slightly but comfort comes first.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    nice looking bike.

Ive no idea why people parp on about tubeless. Whenever anyone on a club run gets a proper puncture on a tubeless it takes ages to get everything sorted. (thats if they dont end up calling for repatriation)
  • KoenM
    nice looking bike.

Ive no idea why people parp on about tubeless. Whenever anyone on a club run gets a proper puncture on a tubeless it takes ages to get everything sorted. (thats if they dont end up calling for repatriation)

Indeed, I haven't had 1 puncture last year with the same tyres in about 7500km! I only use tubeless on my mtb, because those wheels are made for it and truly benefit them!
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Think I’ve got about 4 weeks before mine turns up. What length stem are you using. Some media report quite twitch handling - how are you finding it?

Cheers,

John
  • Hi. How is the handling? A few reviews have said it's twitchy?

I have 5 weeks to wait for mine. I ordered the X lite 6 disc Di2 with Mavic comete pro 62mm carbon rims. I've never had deep sections so I'm worried about the handling. I've also specified a 9cm stem but only because I usually ride endurance geometry. I have longer stems spare if it too short.

Worried about the handling :/
  • vortice
    vortice Posts: 244
    Hi. How is the handling? A few reviews have said it's twitchy?

I have 5 weeks to wait for mine. I ordered the X lite 6 disc Di2 with Mavic comete pro 62mm carbon rims. I've never had deep sections so I'm worried about the handling. I've also specified a 9cm stem but only because I usually ride endurance geometry. I have longer stems spare if it too short.

You obviously read the same review I did!

I ordered the x-lite 6 rim brake SRAM red with Cosmic pro carbon SL wheels. I’d be a bit concerned the 62mm rims would be too much for windy days. You could always buy yourself a set of lower profile wheels and swap them out when needed?
  • Vortice wrote:
    Hi. How is the handling? A few reviews have said it's twitchy?

You obviously read the same review I did!

I ordered the x-lite 6 rim brake SRAM red with Cosmic pro carbon SL wheels. I’d be a bit concerned the 62mm rims would be too much for windy days. You could always buy yourself a set of lower profile wheels and swap them out when needed?

I can always use my Hunt 4 season wheels off my winter bike. I just dont know if it's that easy to swap wheels on a disc bike. Thinking pad alignment

That Comete upgrade was just too tempting wasn't it