monday and the nine-dimensional pineapple of averoigne

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,433
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

probably just bimble around

perhaps brekkie in sloane square and watch the totty, if you're passing by colbert and see a shiny bike, that'll be me
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Now the bike race is over, time to prepare for the marathon - may have missed the main block of training as it’s less than 3 weeks away

Then it’s off to Bala with some friends for swimming and paddling if I can be bothered to fit the roof rack
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, misty start today, not a lot happening today might just do some gardening
    Have a good day
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Warm but dull. I think it might be a bike ride later once I’ve got my act together.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Big day today. I expect everyone on here to do their bit to commemorate the occasion.
    Today is apparently the ..er, climax of the month of May's celebrations. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Masturbation_Day
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Big day today. I expect everyone on here to do their bit to commemorate the occasion.
    Whatever happened to Seanoconn?

Morning

Awake at TLW o clock due to the sun and next door's cat howling to be let in. Neighbours are deaf so it didn't work.

Waited until 7 before going out for a ride up some hills above the mist. Muppets out on the roads even at that hour on a BH weekend.

Loads of tents in Llangollen. Bet they enjoyed the thunderstorms all day yesterday :mrgreen:

Got a car boot full of bark for the garden to spread today after cutting back the jungle that's appeared in the last 2 weeks.
  • sungod
    early start, went up via hampstead, pre-opening espresso from the nice lady at caffe nero, and did hilly highgate a few times

flawlessly executed brekkie plan - outside table at colbert for myself and shiny bike, had a citron pressé, et steak haché avec un oeuf de canard frit, plus toast, read new york times, watched totty, all in all a great way to start the day, surprised none of you lot showed up
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Feeling significantly better than I was at this time yesterday, can’t imagine why. Got a few bits to do and then off to the ‘rents for a late lunch. Might go to the pub later.
    Sounds like a good start SG, might join you one day.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    , all in all a great way to start the day, surprised none of you lot showed up
    I was walking the dog on Wimbledon common, followed by coffee and totty in Wimbledon Village. Totty love dogs.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Totty doesn't do mountains at 7:30am, not even getting out of tents as I go past.
    There was 1 leather clad biker admiring the view and 3 lycra clad blokes riding up the Horseshoe. Not my type really.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:
    , all in all a great way to start the day, surprised none of you lot showed up
    I was walking the dog on Wimbledon common, followed by coffee and totty in Wimbledon Village. Totty love dogs.
    I think Strifey must have realised this, which is why she prefers to do the dog walking :)

Spent part of the morning in the garden sorting the fish pond and patio. Got a two day trip to hurdy-burdy land to meet the clog-wearing minions this week, so I thought I'd get my stuff ready for that rather than rush around tomorrow evening. Steak Haché kind of appeals but I only ever seem to eat the stuff on skiing holidays. But I did get my free coffee and some tandoori chicken wings from Waitrose.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sungod wrote:
    early start, went up via hampstead, pre-opening espresso from the nice lady at caffe nero, and did hilly highgate a few times

flawlessly executed brekkie plan - outside table at colbert for myself and shiny bike, had a citron pressé, et steak haché avec un oeuf de canard frit, plus toast, read new york times, watched totty, all in all a great way to start the day, surprised none of you lot showed up

MF was at the table next to you. He said hello and then you ignored him.

He felt sad.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Today is apparently the ..er, climax of the month of May's celebrations. :wink:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Masturbation_Day
    I thought it was a bit quiet in Cake Stop, a lot of them must be busy :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    MF was at the table next to you. He said hello and then you ignored him.

He felt sad.
    aside from a scrawny looking smoker a couple of tables away i had the left side to myself, clearly that can't have been mf

of course, you need to keep aware what's going on
    image.png
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    TLW, you should be OK paddling in Bala, the MIL says the thunder and rain is now getting boring. Went to pub beer festival yesterday, so slow day with some beer to recuperate. Redders down here in Hampshire, watched my bell-end neighbours put up a new tent in the field. The ensuing domestic was fun, and predictable. Now to find something for tea. Chicken curry might do it with some Campari and tonic.
    Ecrasez l’infame