TTers wanted for a research study -- SW London

maryka
maryka Posts: 748
edited May 2018 in Amateur race
I'm looking for some experienced TTers to come to the lab for a study I'm doing on micro rest intervals in 10 mile TTs. Free baseline testing and data (lactate threshold and VO2max) along with data from 3 TTs that I will give you for participating.

Location is St. Mary's in Twickenham, SW London. Please see the attached flyer and contact me if interested! Times available for testing are weekdays and evenings.

participant.png

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Maryka - I'm nowhere near unfortunately, but I just wondered what the theory/proposition is behind the 'micro rest intervals' - just interested to know...
  • maryka
    maryka Posts: 748
    I'll quote from my information sheet:
    The purpose of the study is to determine whether regular short non-pedalling “micro” recovery intervals (three seconds) during time trials (TTs) can improve performance, and to examine the effects of these short recoveries on physiological responses during heavy intensity cycling. Current research in a non-competitive environment has shown that the use of microrecoveries can improve oxygen use by muscles when compared with continuous non-stop exercise.
    To date, no research has looked at whether this technique can produce a performance benefit (i.e., a faster TT). Therefore, this study aims to measure time trial performance using two different intermittent microrecovery protocols compared with a traditional steady power output time trial.

This study was what got me interested in it, https://www.physiology.org/doi/abs/10.1 ... 00514.2016