Routes from Driffield, East Yorkshire

dstev55
dstev55 Posts: 742
edited May 2018 in Road general
I'm off on holiday for a few days tomorrow, stopping in a house just outside of Driffield. I'm taking my bike (albeit winter one) and should get chance for a couple of early morning short rides (25 - 30 miles). Can anyone do me a couple of routes, preferably on Ride With GPS or Komoot so I can use turn by turn on my Elemnt Bolt? Not sure of the terrain around there but maybe a hilly one and a flat one if possible?

If someone can help please drop me a PM and I'll give you my post code.

Comments

• People holiday in Driffield?
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • dstev55
    People holiday in Driffield?

No, I just felt like posting it so twats like you could respond... :roll:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    dstev55 wrote:

I was going to offer some suggestions but I think your time would be better spent looking for your sense of humour that you appear to have misplaced.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    From the top of Main Street in Driffield go left the right up minor road to Cowlam grange cross B1253 heading for west lutton turn right follow this through East Luton, weaverthorpe, butterwick, wold newton to burton fleming turn right to rudston straight across the b1253 then right to kilham through kilham turn left heading back to Driffield to hit the b1249 just outside Driffield a mixture of hills and flat.
    Sorry I don,t have gps thingy.
  • ianbar
    ianbar Posts: 1,354
    google, heart of the wolds sportive. it starts and finishes in driffield show ground, with a few different distances, will you an idea where to go. other then that go to hutton cranswick and left head to hornsea and back.
    enigma esprit
    cannondale caad8 tiagra 2012
  • dstev55
    Webboo wrote:
    dstev55 wrote:

I was going to offer some suggestions but I think your time would be better spent looking for your sense of humour that you appear to have misplaced.

If it was from someone other than one of the select one or two on this forum then I would have I would have found it humourous but every post from this guy seems to follow the same vein.

Thanks to those that have suggested routes.
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    The is a nice climb from the a64 to foxholes. I ride through driffield on my way home on Monday. The woods are lovely. You can make up a route in Strava.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • dstev55
    I'm actually closer to Hornsea than Driffield (Bewholme). The address was Driffield so assumed it was Driffield!

Went out earlier. Flat as a pancake and pretty boring to be honest but at least I got to spin my legs.
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    You went the wrong way. There are some brilliant roads in that neck of the woods. Have a look on Strava Heatmaps to see where the locals ride...
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/