Friday: Teetering on the edge of Mango armageddon

pinno
pinno Posts: 51,330
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
Oi oi campers.

Stunning dawn right now. Dunno what weather you're having daan saaf but it's been wall to wall blue skies here and the mercury above 20 degrees! (Honest).

Just remembered that I need to print out a waste transfer note. Gotta keep your hand in.

Laters.
seanoconn - gruagach craic!

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wall to wall sunshine has now turned to rain, mind it will do the garden good
    I wonder what I can get upto today
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    'ning

weather looking disappointing here, but decided to take the day off from gmc

cafes, rides, laziness and consumerism loom, maybe get some extra hot mango pickle for puppodums
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Outside looks wet - I don’t understand, I’m not used to this!

Hybrid commute today, should be resting but made a few changes to the Bike yesterday - so a little test needed.

Later is a pub in another village and I’m driving, fully ashamed of my behaviour
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    Morning

Cloudy, bit damp. Forecasting lots of rain later. May go for a run a lunch, may do a TT tonight.

Still got black hands from taking the washing machine motor to bits last night.

All quiet in this gmc office, but it's a bit early yet.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    went for bimble on shiny bike, two cafes, may go to the cafe in a while

quite gloomygrey out but at least it is dry
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Very windy here with rain forecast later. So not sure if the bike will get ridden, first thing will be shoulder rehab stuff. Followed by watching the cycling and then out to friends for dinner.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Sunny and hot again here north of the wall. Just checked the weather and we are in for a few hours of rain over night then for a cracking weekend of sunshine. GF's parents are up this weekend, trying to decide whether to lay off the beer tonight and get up very early tomorrow for a decent ride to be back before they start stressing about whatever they stress about, or get smashed.

Her dad is a total nightmare for stressing about things, it wears very thin after about 10 minutes, especially in my own house where all he needs to do is shut the hell up and drink beer...
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Grey and overcast but it's a Friday so not really bothered as it's a long weekend. Huzzah!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Slacking from the office today then ride back with a pal who's staying for the weekend.

Gonna be a struggle to stay off the beers at lunch but it's 60 miles home so maybe need to stay relatively alert.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    edited May 2018
    Morning folks,
    Reasonably busy in this PLC* today, this is not what I wanted. Today being Fryday I will of course be going to the cafe to consume my own body weight in fried pig. Going to the pub for a leaving do straight from work so wobbled in on the pub hack. Can't have too many as the Mrs has organised a surprise for me tomorrow and I'm told I really won't want to have a hangover. Only problem is I like beer and I'm very weak willed.
    Got given a ticket to see Echo and the Bunnymen at the Albert Hall next Friday, only time I've been there is when I saw them there in about 1984. Talk about reliving your youth. Better go and make myself a cup of tea I suppose, cakes are inbound.

* PLC = Poxy Little Company in this case. Got distracted by customers so forgot to add that bit.
    Had some mango in my smoothie for breakfast this morning.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Reasonably busy in this PLC* today, this is not what I wanted. Today being Fryday I will of course be going to the cafe to consume my own body weight in fried pig. Going to the pub for a leaving do straight from work so wobbled in on the pub hack. Can't have too many as the Mrs has organised a surprise for me tomorrow and I'm told I really won't want to have a hangover. Only problem is I like beer and I'm very weak willed.
    Got given a ticket to see Echo and the Bunnymen at the Albert Hall next Friday, only time I've been there is when I saw them there in about 1984. Talk about reliving your youth. Better go and make myself a cup of tea I suppose, cakes are inbound.
    :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    It was nice enough here this morning, so had a good ride in apart from getting gassed at Elephant and Castle roundabout after getting stuck between 2 buses and behind a load of motorbikes.

Got my bonus yesterday so happy - even better as Strifey didn't seem interested. Have also booked tickets to see the Macc Lads so even better. To cap it off, Stropteen has her last GCSE until 4th June so there should be less stress in the house this weekend :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • florerider
    florerider Posts: 1,112
    Sainsburys out of dried porcini and flat leaf parsley this morning. So much for their basics range then.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    To cap it off, Stropteen has her last GCSE until 4th June so there should be less stress in the house this
    weekend :)
    Same again here. This morning the Mrs took her in and she felt so rough she could barely speak, said her head hurt. Just tried to call the house and she's out with some friends :roll:
    Did you see the post about end of GCSE drinks? I'll stick it in the drinks thread.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Got given a ticket to see Echo and the Bunnymen at the Albert Hall next Friday...

One of the back up artists is the accountant for Lowmac alloys - the company we sell IBC;s and used to sell Aluminium cans to.
    In those Cumbrian floods last year(? two years ago?) his BMW was on ITV news; you could only see the roof above the water. He was there on a (wet) weekend with his GF.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Single parenting so have locked MF in a cupboard, chillin' on couch with Bambina, Bambino at youth club, Hound asleep at feet, glass of red in hand and Stereophonics on the hi-fi.

Loving it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.