thursday with hypersonic flechettes and good wine

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,431
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

wfh, interspersed with cafes

thrashed opposition at last night's outing, somewhat hungover, but the important point is, i rool, etc.
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Overcast - boo.

Bunking off work to accompany bambino on a school trip - should be a giggle. Then home, tinker with the S5 and chillllllll.

Nice
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, winters returned, out for lunch so copious quantities of alcohol could be consumed
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Dodging showers at lords. Beats work. No bikey bikey though.
    At what do you rool sungod? Karaoke? Darts? Whiff whaff?
  • sungod
    hopkinb wrote:
    Dodging showers at lords. Beats work. No bikey bikey though.
    At what do you rool sungod? Karaoke? Darts? Whiff whaff?
    'twas crazy golf (which is the closest i'll ever get to golf), first time i've putted a ball in decades
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Sunny and breezy oop norf, will there be riding? Nope, the closest I'll get to a two wheeled machine is a cement mixer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    A few days of bike related crisis and I appear to be fixed. I shall be selling the mtb race bike on the understanding that I enter some stupidly long bikepacking race next year. I'll be the new big-ginger-beard-guy. Think of the opportunities to spend thousands on new kit? I love kit, especially ludicrously light camping gear. Hoorah
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Cooler and a bit cloudy today. Strategically parked up somewhere convenient for tonight's TT and found there were traffic lights en route so it will probably be cancelled.

Washing machine died last night. Are there any high street shops where you can go in, buy one and take it away?
    HaydenM wrote:
    A few days of bike related crisis and I appear to be fixed. I shall be selling the mtb race bike on the understanding that I enter some stupidly long bikepacking race next year. I'll be the new big-ginger-beard-guy.
    Like this guy? https://www.yellowjersey.co.uk/sean-con ... d-attempt/
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    HaydenM wrote:
    A few days of bike related crisis and I appear to be fixed. I shall be selling the mtb race bike on the understanding that I enter some stupidly long bikepacking race next year. I'll be the new big-ginger-beard-guy.
    Like this guy? https://www.yellowjersey.co.uk/sean-con ... d-attempt/

Yeah that's the guy, total hero. Not sure I'm fully on board with his dressing like a pirate and selling his TV but he seems like a nice enough bloke and he does some cool stuff
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh and over to mates later to fettle with the race bike
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Dropped Stropteen off at school for her Maths GCSE exam; now headed into the office which is fortunately not generating too many irritating emails today - so far.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional Thursday mild hangover is in evidence, pub had 3 new beers on last night. More than a little moist out there, thankfully had to drive in as collecting a chair for the old dear. Lad did the girl's GCSE run for us this morning then went back to bed. Mf is going on a school trip?
    He needs to read this:
    https://www.boredpanda.com/5th-grade-sc ... romharlow/
    Sounds like it's too late for him though. A lot of it may be made up but it's still funny. Moderately busy at work which is not helped by someone calling in sick. Hoping to join the Mrs for lunch later so all customers will be told to phuck off even more at that point.
    Still having to make my own tea, but enjoying the peace and quiet that comes with it. Onward and upward...
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,550
    ...Nope, the closest I'll get to a two wheeled machine is a cement mixer.

Is that a new Trek model?

Another day of work meh. Only bright side was picking up the car from workshop who'd had a look yesterday to see if they could sort things and being charged... nothing.

At least tomorrow I get to go home. Can't wait to get outta here this week, been far too much stupid going on
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    Yeah that's the guy, total hero. Not sure I'm fully on board with his dressing like a pirate and selling his TV but he seems like a nice enough bloke and he does some cool stuff
    GCN had an interview with him, introduced him with some line about the person with the crustiest cycling shorts :|
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Nice and sunny here. Just been fishing with grandson, well it was more throwing stones and sticks in to the river. Caught some tadpoles though.
    Took him for a quick look in to Kirkdale cave, he now wants a caving helmet for his forth birthday next week. Daughter will be pleased.
    Not sure what the rest of the day will be.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Dropped Stropteen off at school for her Maths GCSE exam; now headed into the office which is fortunately not generating too many irritating emails today - so far.

Have you been showing the motivational slideshow we discussed a while ago?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Nah, she doesn't need it. Lots of girly swotting has been done.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Do it anyway to reinforce the point.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

tumblr_lqkaa0cc7Z1r25534o1_500.gif
    CBA - got my bonus today so am leading by example. And managed to create £240m of tax losses with a spot of whizzo financial engineering 8)