MTB with a little road bike thrown in!

marcarm
marcarm Posts: 134
edited May 2018 in Your mountain bikes
Got a new MTB last weekend (well new to me but pre-owned). Looking forward to next week when I can get out on the trails again for the first time in years.

jbkq2Zi.jpg

Comments

• FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Good choice.
    Think about getting a bigger chainring. I replaced the 32 T with a 36 T from Superstar and it performs better.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • marcarm
    My last MTB was a 26" wheeled Rockhopper, so this feels massive compared to that! As well as riding road for the last year or so, it's going to take a bit of getting used to.

Looking forward to getting out there again though.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    marcarm wrote:
    My last MTB was a 26" wheeled Rockhopper, so this feels massive compared to that! As well as riding road for the last year or so, it's going to take a bit of getting used to.

Looking forward to getting out there again though.

Good choice that. You'll enjoy it.

I've had 4 Rockhoppers and now on a Stumpjumper HT. All with 26" wheels.

The 29'er covers the ground really well. You just need a bit of practice if riding tight/twisty stuff.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • marcarm
    I did have thoughts about getting a FS, but I think with where I'm going to ride and how often, I would rather a good HT than a mediocre FS.
  • billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    marcarm wrote:
    I did have thoughts about getting a FS, but I think with where I'm going to ride and how often, I would rather a good HT than a mediocre FS.

Is the correct answer!

I have both and having ridden HT's for 20+ years, I still really enjoy riding mine. A lot of my local terrain is paths/tracks/trails and is so much better suited to a HT.

My FS gets to stretch it's legs in Wales/Peaks etc when I really comes into it's own.

Let us know how you get on with it.
    "Ride, crash, replace"