wednesday time we left this world today

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

hungover, office, coffee, meeting all day followed by gmc idea of 'fun', should've declined, but succumbed in a moment of weakness

bloody chelsea flower show kicking off as well, streets/cafes even more tourist-rammed, is it too much to ask for a couple of hueys with agent orange
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, where’s the sunshine, grey and cloudy skies at the moment as summer finished
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    WFH - so enjoyed a slow start and a walk with puppy and eldest

Mother should escape SGs hit list as she was at Chelsea yesterday and traveling back today, before going to Greece tomorrow - I’m really concerned about my inheritance
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Early start at work today so I can bail early and carry on with the garden, I'm on a strict deadline as MrsHD has invited half the village round on Saturday.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Grey here as well and still windy. Need to find somewhere to buy a fishing net for the grandson, then find somewhere to use it.
    Later will be a bike ride.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,143
    Morning

Nice and sunny today, bit breezy but can deal with that.
    Strava reckons I rode with someone this morning, must've been the guy I passed. Given him a kudos, see if I get one back.
    sungod wrote:
    bloody chelsea flower show kicking off as well, streets/cafes even more tourist-rammed, is it too much to ask for a couple of hueys with agent orange
    Send them my way when you're done.
    Living in a shithole town had the benefit of there being no tourists, until the local council decided to make the area a world heritage site and get tourists bussed into the place. Now I can't do my local MTB route at weekends because they're all in the way :(
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    I'd forgotten that I'm off to the cricket tomorrow, so I'd better finish off a couple of bits and pieces in the office today.

Feckin' cold this morning on the bicycle. If sungod is exposed to these kinds of temperatures I think he may stop functioning.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Was a bit fresh this morning, where's the sun gone? Managed to wobble in today which is a good thing as I'm going to have to drive again tomorrow. Might divert and take the long way home tonight. today being Wednesday I will probably be busier than I'd like but this is mitigated a little by visiting the pub later. Girl has a physics exam this afternoon, she's happier about that one because she gets it without having to think too hard. I'll be very happy when these exams are over, not least because it means I'll be going on holiday that much sooner.
    Going to have to go and make myself another cup of tea soon as the tea walla is off, on balance I prefer having to make my own tea and have less grief.
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'd forgotten that I'm off to the cricket tomorrow.
    That'd be why there's rain forecast for tomorrow then. :?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    I'd forgotten that I'm off to the cricket tomorrow.
    That'd be why there's rain forecast for tomorrow then. :?
    Is there? Ah bollix, so there is.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,560
    Well that was a shambles. After yesterday when I had a tyre on the car blow out on the freeway, which meant a lot of faffing about getting a replacement sorted, had it booked in today for a general service. Workshop down one end of town, slow trip to office after that.

Utter clusterf*ck of a day at work, topped off with being held up too late to collect car. No worries I think, will get it in the morning. Except I left the keys to the apartment in it by mistake. PT across town to collect key from lockbox and then back here, and now have to go back very early in the morning to collect re-assembled car. Then a long drive back to site warehouse.

:x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

And apart from that little mechanical mess, I'm one as well. Dodgy back, neck spasms and numbness in arms and feet from pinched nerves.

This is a rants thread, right?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,455
    And apart from that little mechanical mess, I'm one as well. Dodgy back, neck spasms and numbness in arms and feet from pinched nerves.

This is a rants thread, right?
    It can be but as a lot of us are old farts as well :wink: , it might get a bit competitive. And while you mention it, my legs still ache a bit after last nights ride home...

Went in on the train today thankfully. Spent part of the morning doing more Brexit planning for the Group, hindered only by lazy 'tards who don't do what they're asked. I might do a spot of tax avoidance this afternoon, just to liven things up a bit :)

@Veronese - I have a feeling our kids are taking the exact same exams. It's been 'snap' every day so far. Maths tomorrow and English lit Friday before a week off for half term, thank ****.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Existential crisis regarding bikes, my life, and wellbeing- day 4. Not good.

Sunny though. Might f*ck off early and lie in the garden with a beer.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    @Veronese - I have a feeling our kids are taking the exact same exams. It's been 'snap' every day so far. Maths tomorrow and English lit Friday before a week off for half term, thank ****.
    Certainly sounds like it at the moment although I suspect ours isn't doing as many as yours as she dropped geography and art due to not being well. Very glad of that at the moment as although she's a lot better I don't think she'd cope as well with that extra bit of work.
    Having failed to sort out my Steve McGarrett drinks should we sort an end of GCSE drink?

HM, lounging and beer fixes all woes. Go for it.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    1st of 2 days of enforced idleness post the latest (#12 in what seems to be developing into a never ending series) injection in the right eye. Infection control measures mean not allowed to do much at all. So just how much Carlton Kirby can I stomach on the Giro live?
  • tlw1
    HaydenM wrote:

If it cheers you up I had the scariest call from the current wife yesterday, “just looking at the house insurance, can you confirm the value of your bikes”?

She now wants a new car
  • haydenm
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

If it cheers you up I had the scariest call from the current wife yesterday, “just looking at the house insurance, can you confirm the value of your bikes”?

She now wants a new car

The GF wants a new car, I have reminded her many times that she in fact earns her own money and is empowered, therefore has the freedom to spend it on whatever she wants...

Contemplating selling my mtb race bike, a sad acceptance of unfulfilled dreams...
  • tlw1
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She now wants a new car

The GF wants a new car, I have reminded her many times that she in fact earns her own money and is empowered, therefore has the freedom to spend it on whatever she wants...

Contemplating selling my mtb race bike, a sad acceptance of unfulfilled dreams...
    Let time work for you....... keep the bike and wait to race masters
  • haydenm
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She now wants a new car

Let time work for you....... keep the bike and wait to race masters

Masters at national enduro races tend to be a bigger fiend than senior unfortunately. Last year I rode a lot of steep tech so I was fast but less fit, this year I have ridden a lot of road bikes so I'm fit but not fast. It's also silly and dangerous to get back there...
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:

Philosphical point - if beer and women aren't the answer, you're probably asking the wrong questions.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She now wants a new car
    That was always a no-win situation. Anyway, I hear you can get brand new Kia Picanto for less than 8 grand - a mate of mine is getting one for his 18 yo daughter - it's only 60 bhp so ragging it is impossible. Make her careful what she wishes for :)
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Evening Gents ( I am assuming that no sensible woman would ever stray into this place):
    Best course of action is to let the particular person in your life do what they want. It keeps them happy. And why would you deny your darling happiness? And that love will come back to you.
    Apart from that, I am drinking some port before sleep time as it makes me feel nice.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    Apart from that, I am drinking some port before sleep time as it makes me feel nice.
    That could explain your last post in Cake Stop...
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She now wants a new car
    That was always a no-win situation. Anyway, I hear you can get brand new Kia Picanto for less than 8 grand - a mate of mine is getting one for his 18 yo daughter - it's only 60 bhp so ragging it is impossible. Make her careful what she wishes for :)
    No chance of that, thankfully it’s been sunny today and she’s had the roof off the car and therefore happy with her car for a bit
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She now wants a new car
    No chance of that, thankfully it’s been sunny today and she’s had the roof off the car and therefore happy with her car for a bit
    Better save up for the new reg plate in September then?
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

She now wants a new car
    Why? I want to buy a TT bike
  • Stevo_666
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Aren't you a bit old to be speeding round the Isle of Man? :)

Get both then she can't argue.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Aren't you a bit old to be speeding round the Isle of Man? :)

Get both then she can't argue.
    :)
    Got a mate that’s still doing it - nuts if you ask me