Colnago seat post
Lizard skin dsp 2.5 bar tape
Jag wire brake cables
Arundle mandible bottle cages
Berk lupina saddle
Lightweight meilenstein 24E schwarz edition
Vittoria corsa G tubular tyres
Wahoo element bolt

I like the colour a lot. It looks different in every photo I take because it depends so much on the light. So far the process of building it a few weeks ago, and slowly putting more and more miles on the bike, has been a real pleasure. Hopefully I have this bike for many more years to come.
Cannondale caad7 ultegra
S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
Colnago c64 etap wifli
Brother Swift

Comments

• shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Drool.

Tough call between this and Gweeds'. I do love that colour.

Controversial going for coloured cables and saddle but they definitely work.
  • turbotommy
    turbotommy Posts: 493
    I know what you mean. To be honest the jury is still out for me too. I thought black looked too severe vs the seat post. Originally I was going to use blue bar tape too to match the saddle but I thought it was too much... I’ve sort of gone back and fourth with it a bit. it feels like a bit of a compromise...I like the way the brake cables look as they leave the frame but not so much with the contrast of the callipers. Anyways... definitely 1st world problems. It rides just beautifully.

I love gweeds build. Some people take issue with the choice of components but for me I think they look fantastic. His photography skills clearly put mine to shame too!
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    lose the stupid bottle

lose the coloured cables

lose the saddle

plain black for all that and the frame colour will pop and it will be perfect.

big phat hat.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Very nice indeed !
  • markyone
    markyone Posts: 1,119
    Very nice i like that blue
    Colnago c60 Eps super record 11
    Pinarello F8 with sram etap
  • turbotommy
    Thanks guys. I can’t say enough how much I like this bike. I’m a big fan of yours too @markyone to be fair.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    You know I love this - that colour is SO good. There's nothing about this bike that doesn't look right. How do you like the Lightweights?
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • Beatmaker
    Beatmaker Posts: 1,092
    That is a thing of beauty. I would change the saddle and cables to black.
  • turbotommy
    That’s guys. I can’t say enough how much I like this bike. I’ve been lucky to have owned some nice bikes but this one handles the best for me. I’m going to keep the saddle and cables the way they are for the moment. But I might swap things around at some point.

The wheels are ace guy. I’ve got Vitoria corsa G on them which I’ve never used before so I can’t say for sure where the wheel ends and the tub starts in terms of ride quality. But together they work very well is al I can say!

I was supposed to be training on the tarmac with zipp 404 for a particular event that’s coming up but I can’t help but reach for the colnago every time I go out for a ride.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,564
    TurboTommy wrote:
    That’s guys. I can’t say enough how much I like this bike. I’ve been lucky to have owned some nice bikes but this one handles the best for me. I’m going to keep the saddle and cables the way they are for the moment. But I might swap things around at some point.

The wheels are ace guy. I’ve got Vitoria corsa G on them which I’ve never used before so I can’t say for sure where the wheel ends and the tub starts in terms of ride quality. But together they work very well is al I can say!

I was supposed to be training on the tarmac with zipp 404 for a particular event that’s coming up but I can’t help but reach for the colnago every time I go out for a ride.

Good to hear! They look the absolute business.

Interesting that you go for the C64 as I know you love the Tarmac. The handling on the C64 though as you say. So damn good.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Smashing looks good as is, what’s the ride like?
  • matt_n-2
    matt_n-2 Posts: 581
    Superb!

We need some more pictures in better light though!
    Colnago Master Olympic
    Colnago CLX 3.0
    Colnago Dream
    Giant Trinity Advanced
    Italian steel winter hack
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    As above - more pics please.

A few questions:
    How did you mount the cages with the down tube reservoir, I understand they don't fit properly
    What did you do with the cable entry port on the downtube
    Just for interest, where did you get it from?
  • turbotommy
    As above - more pics please.

A few questions:
    How did you mount the cages with the down tube reservoir, I understand they don't fit properly
    What did you do with the cable entry port on the downtube
    Just for interest, where did you get it from?

I’ll try and take some pictures next time I’m out on it. I never really think to but this thread does deserve at least a couple of decent pics!

For the cage on the down tube I used the nuts you get with inner tubes as washers which are the perfect width to allow the cage to clear the trough. Credit goes to a colnago aficionado on another forum for that one.

The frame comes with a variety of different caps for the down tube. One being entirely blank for electric gearing. I’ll take pics of both the cap and the cage solution.

I got the frame from Superdomestique in the east end of London. I met them through the weight weenies forum. I live in Camden, central London so it has worked out really well. Really good guys who I’d recommend going through.
    Cannondale caad7 ultegra
    S-works Tarmac sl5 etap
    Colnago c64 etap wifli
    Brother Swift
  • rajMAN
    rajMAN Posts: 429
    That is one beauty :shock: hell of a front door you got too. (more pics please). :-)