monday is superfluous, like 'kippers

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,523
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee etc., see how early i can bail

hmm, it's giro rest day, tedium trial tomorrow, no point doing more than checking result until wednesday, roll on tdf
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, milder this morning,the lawns need cutting, some garden furniture to pick up,
    Enjoy the weather and the week
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Bit fresh out there but quite pleasant, unfortunately I was in the car as I'm giving various people lifts. Looks like a nice day for a ride, but I'm stuck in the office avoiding customers. My immediate boss is off so I should get some peace and quiet at least, the only down side of that I will have to make my own tea as he's the only one that makes it.
    No GCSE's for the girl today so relative calm at V towers today, tomorrow morning may be very different.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Long commute on the singlespeed seemed a good idea whilst sipping cider in the sunshine yesterday
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    TLW1 wrote:
    Long commute on the singlespeed seemed a good idea whilst sipping cider in the sunshine yesterday

:D And this morning? How does it seem this morning?!

Sunny start, Weetabix again, which is hugely disappointing. I would have much preferred some hot buttered kippers with brown bread, or a huge bowl of kedgeree with lashings of chopped parsley. Or sautéed mushrooms & poached eggs on fried bread. Washed down with a big pot of black filter coffee. Then a basket of pastries, including a squidgy pain au raisin & a cinnamon swirl.

Oh, I just spotted sungod's apostrophe, explaining the sort of 'kippers that he meant. Oh well, I've made myself hungry now.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I would have much preferred some hot buttered 'kippers ...
    I know there are some deviants on here but hot buttered Nigel is never a good thing, not even with brown bread.

There was a hilarious clip on the i100 list of Nige on Fox being asked about some wedding that was on at the weekend, they said he was practically royalty. :lol:
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,007
    Feeling it today after running the Manchester 10k yesterday. Too hot for that much exertion but hey-ho.

Today will involve a wacker plate and some hardcore.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    Morning

Half the office don't seem to have come in today. I don't blame them.
    Half ride to work, feeling rubbish though. Think it's hay fever related despite popping the pills. Someone wants to go out riding later.

Have heard the local council are out this morning installing bollards on the cycle path to slow bikes down. That will be fun in the winter when it's dark.
    Feeling it today after running the Manchester 10k yesterday. Too hot for that much exertion but hey-ho.
    Someone at work did that. He's taken a week off to recover.
    He tried to rope me into it but had the perfect excuse of a time trial - which ended up being cancelled :mrgreen:
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    Veronese68 wrote:
    No GCSE's for the girl today so relative calm at V towers today, tomorrow morning may be very different.
    Ditto, I left them sleeping this morning. Even the hound didn't stir.

Dishing out the next round of pay rises and bonuses to the remainder of the minions so making myself popular today. the man flu is subsiding so I think I'll ride a bike tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Bit of excitement out here just now. Well, hardly exciting but broke up the tedium. One of the locals was passed out sparko at the back of our building so I was called upon to go and check if he was deaded yet. Couldn't wake him at all in spite of shaking him quite hard and shouting at him. Called the non-emergency number and they sent a car round to have a look. Paramedic managed to rouse him but the guy insisted he was fine, tried to walk off and promptly fell over. Ambulance arrived to cart him off but he insisted he was fine and staggered off down the road.
    Oh well, nearly time to knock off for the evening.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Bit of excitement out here just now. Well, hardly exciting but broke up the tedium. One of the locals was passed out sparko at the back of our building so I was called upon to go and check if he was deaded yet. Couldn't wake him at all in spite of shaking him quite hard and shouting at him. Called the non-emergency number and they sent a car round to have a look. Paramedic managed to rouse him but the guy insisted he was fine, tried to walk off and promptly fell over. Ambulance arrived to cart him off but he insisted he was fine and staggered off down the road.
    Onwards and upwards...

Spice? Or just too much spesh?
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Spice? Or just too much spesh?
    Speak is a bit posh for Hanworth. There was a can of something I didn’t recognise nearby, but that’s not unusual. They have to clean up needles from there every now and then so could have been anything.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Onwards and upwards...

Did he recover from being shaken violently?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Me, I did some land drainer 4" pipe laying and some cementing me.
    Tomorrow filling in ditch with a mini digger. Yeehaa.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo your getting soft in your old age. Pay rises for minions, don't do it.
    Inflationary.

Mind you you I got my bonus today so I'm a happy boy. I just haven't told Stressbag about it :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]