Deore XT brake pads

sutbags
sutbags Posts: 45
edited May 2018 in MTB workshop & tech
Hello, my workmate has just bought a second hand Claud Butler Olympus 7005 series. He is after replacing the brake pads but doesn't know which ones to buy. I am a roadie myself but I said I'd see if anyone on the MTB forum could help him out. I don't know how old the bike is but the brakes are Shimano Deore XT cable discs . Would the Shimano Deore BR- M775 pads be compatible with this bike? Thanks

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    I didn't even know Shimano made XT cable discs, and I'm old.

The pads fit old XT hydraulics, no idea if they'll fit your friends though.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    There have never been XT cable discs, so what brakes are they? I suspect they are M765 so you need the older Shimano pads with the hook at one end and the eye at the other, so yes the same as the M775.

If they are the much older 4 pot M755 you need that longer pad with just a centre eye.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • 02gf74
    02gf74 Posts: 1,168
    Go to compare the brake pad dot com, by that I mean remove one pad and look on the Web to figure out what it is.
    BTW I've not come across xt cable brakes, I believe the first xt disc brakes were the 4 pot model.
  • sutbags
    sutbags Posts: 45
    Thanks for the info.