sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

nippysunny ride, cafe, followed by lazing i think
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Walk puppy, then a few jobs and then ride over to the local circuit to see if I can sign up on the day.

Later is the local
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sunny but chilly , bike ride , roast beef , and a bit of sunshine later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Can't be bothered with today.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Seem to have brought some man flu down from the frozen North so will try to cure it with laziness and coffee. Bit of catching up with stuff to be done now I'm back but it can wait till later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning

Much the same here, mainly because the sister in law is coming to visit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Gone all cloudy and windy. Must find something constructive to do. Was hoping for a pedal but coughing up multi-coloured stuff and feeling generally knackered.
    Pedal later methinks.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Gorgeous and sunny - been out with bambino this morning, just done weights sesh, bit of salami from the village lunch then out for a trundle with bambino and a gelato followed by a glass of wine or two methinks.......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning

Much the same here, mainly because the sister in law is coming to visit.

Any pics of her norks?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Dogged by fine weather here, grandson visiting so paddling pool out and now filled. I think the rest of the day will lazing and watching the cycling.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Back from 2 nights under "canvas" in deepest Sussex. Delighted that I invested in a proper sleeping mat, and brought my various bits of cycling/skiing merino, as it dipped to 4 degrees on Friday night. I was all right Jack. Everyone else was coId as fcuk. A little warmer last night, but still a bit shivery if you weren't me.

Now unloading, putting away etc, then steak for tea I think. Mrs H3 has not thawed out, she has an icy demeanour.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Back from 2 nights under "canvas" in deepest Sussex. Delighted that I invested in a proper sleeping mat, and brought my various bits of cycling/skiing merino, as it dipped to 4 degrees on Friday night. I was all right Jack. Everyone else was coId as fcuk. A little warmer last night, but still a bit shivery if you weren't me.

Now unloading, putting away etc, then steak for tea I think. Mrs H3 has not thawed out, she has an icy demeanour.
    Thought you said it was her crap idea that wasn't going to be repeated?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nah, she was ultra determined because I said I thought she was too soft to camp, even on a campsite. Kids had a whale of a time, they love ferreting about in the woods and streams. I don't really see the point, I mean, I love the outdoors, and I like to camp while hiking/biking, but just going somewhere to be less comfortable seems a bit perverse. Luckily there's always beer and a campfire to keep me amused.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    so you told her she was too soft, and now she knows you know, probably been plotting vengeance since the first night :D

sunny 0630 start, aside from going right into the rather nippy cloud/mist that had decided to pay a visit to shooter's hill and all points east, meaning no sun for the next two hours, a pleasant enough ride

once back over the river to civilization, had nice a bask in the sun
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    No sleep mat = no sleep. Bad drills.
    Hello everyone. Bike ride with Mrs BBGeek this morning, freezing headwind on the south coast. Had a couple of probably the best pints I have ever had on the way back. Now for some Polish sausage before I make chicken curry for tea.
    I confidently predict tears and tantrums tomorrow morning. From me.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    Ooh, what was the beer BBG?
    Sister in law just left, took far too long to happen. No pictures of norks as no norks to speak of and not something I would want to see anyway.
    Took them to the pub the lad works in so they could see him. That was a bit of light relief at least. Quite fancy a kip now.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Webboo wrote:
    ...and watching the cycling.

No more spoilers please :evil:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    broke a spoke in silly 12 spoke wheels ride back, bike swap then long ride and now at a children's birthday party with my daughter. A pretty good day if I ignore the start.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • veronese68
    broke a spoke in silly 12 spoke wheels
    If you built them will you have to wait until you open tomorrow to have a word with yourself?
  • BelgianBeerGeek
    BelgianBeerGeek Posts: 5,226
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Ooh, what was the beer BBG?
    Sister in law just left, took far too long to happen. No pictures of norks as no norks to speak of and not something I would want to see anyway.
    Took them to the pub the lad works in so they could see him. That was a bit of light relief at least. Quite fancy a kip now.
    Fallen Acorn (used to be Oakleaf) Hole Hearted. A hoppy, pale quencher. Been around for years and one of me faves, bottle or cask. You know when a beer is just spot on and does the job? And Sod’s Law says you have to go home :twisted:
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

MF has just dribbled the words "bouncing bomb mate, eeeeee wants a bouncing bomb eeeeee does. Warmest thing in the world is a bouncing bomb".

I think he means some kind of dozzer.

The man is a genius and an idiot at the same time.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Took them to the pub the lad works in so they could see him.

You make him sound like a performing chimp.

Ooooh - come and see the lad. eeeeeeeees a lovely lad. Tuppence to see the lad.

Poke him with a stick and he'll dance for you.

We keep Mf in cage sometimes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    ...and watching the cycling.

No more spoilers please :evil:
    GP Marcel Kint. Not a Brit to be seen on the podium although I did see one lurking in a break. :mrgreen:
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Nah, she was ultra determined because I said I thought she was too soft to camp, even on a campsite. Kids had a whale of a time, they love ferreting about in the woods and streams. I don't really see the point, I mean, I love the outdoors, and I like to camp while hiking/biking, but just going somewhere to be less comfortable seems a bit perverse. Luckily there's always beer and a campfire to keep me amused.

Trust us, me and MF have done more than our fair share of sleeping outdoors.

And yes, it is shyteeee

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

With hindsight you probably should have kept your gob shut :D

Don't worry, when the kids get a bit older they won't want to go.
  • hopkinb
    Just watched Saturday's Giro highlights. Didn't see that coming. Consolation stage win? Or a marker for the last week...?
  • Matthewfalle
    Or back on the Sally?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.