sungod Posts: 16,438
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, wfh, early bail i hope
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun MF see shining, so he riding in, POET day, he bike building.

Sorted.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Hybrid commute and TT followed by local later - should be happy, but got sore throat and a headache
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, sun shine and pleased to say that cold northerly wind has dropped, garden centre , bike ride later
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Sitting in a timber shed thing in a field watching the sun come up over the bay below. Not a bad start to a Friday, although it was a bit chilly overnight.

Was going to go for an early morning ride around some lanes but CBA. Going to weatherspoons for breakfast. Deadpool in IMAX later, not my idea.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Hybrid commute and TT followed by local later - should be happy, but got sore throat and a headache
    Paragons' TT? Are you doing the 2 up?
    I think I'm giving it a miss this week.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,438
    went to gym, only possible due to iron willpower, nippy out but sunny, cafe next
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, lovely day again in sunny Scotland. They have implemented a new video conferencing system for a meeting this morning which means I had to be slightly smartly dressed, much preferred it when I could call in dressed like the tramp I am. Meant to be racing this weekend but my cold keeps getting worse and my van isn't back from it's MOT yet, camping it is.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Long commute in, legs tired after yesterdays rides. nippy, glad I grabbed a gilet.

try to bail early, long ride home pick kids up from school...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    HaydenM wrote:
    They have implemented a new video conferencing system for a meeting this morning which means I had to be slightly smartly dressed, much preferred it when I could call in dressed like the tramp I am.
    You could just sit really close to the camera so they cannot see what you're wearing, or stick a Lego man in front of it.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Paragons' TT? Are you doing the 2 up?
    I think I'm giving it a miss this week.
    Yes - never done it, what’s it like?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    farkin' freezin'. 8 degrees according to my bike computer.

Going farkin' camping again. In the freezing. Brrrrr.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Sunny but bleedin' chilly out three this morning. Only about 5' in the park so I was very glad of gloves and knee warmers being added to my clobber this morning. Got to work to find the computer system wasn't working so rang a customer in Holland that I get on very well with to arrange a weekend away with the Mrs and daughter over the August bank holiday, it's just after GCSE results so hoping we will be in celebratory mood.
    No racing for me this evening, well apart from racing back to civilisation from the badlands of Hanworth. Kingston beer festival is tonight's entertainment.
    Oh yes, passed a bloke on a disc braked Ti bike in the park. Clearly wasn't H³ as there were no deep sections and he was skinny as a rake.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Frost of all thisngs this morning so chilly and slippy always livens things up when your half awake. No SCR for me living just out in the sticks has its perks/downsides.

Beer festival though, that's an event I can get behind!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Oh yes, passed a bloke on a disc braked Ti bike in the park. Clearly wasn't H³ as there were no deep sections and he was skinny as a rake.
    You also passed him... :mrgreen:
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    They have implemented a new video conferencing system for a meeting this morning which means I had to be slightly smartly dressed, much preferred it when I could call in dressed like the tramp I am.
    You could just sit really close to the camera so they cannot see what you're wearing, or stick a Lego man in front of it.

I was thinking of taking a photo of me sitting at the table in a suit then sticking it in front of the camera for ever more. There would be no flaws in that plan and I am a total genius. On the plus side, no one can see my bottom half so I have some 'freedom'...
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You also passed him... :mrgreen:
    Fair point, well made. :lol:
    HM you could stick some greaseproof paper over the lens, then if anybody asks what it is act dumb and then mildly disgusted, imply it's something else and they will be so appalled they won't ask any more.
  • haydenm
    I was thinking of rubbing the lens with vaseline like they did in Rambo to make it look like they were in the jungle. Not sure why I would want to make it look humid and steamy here though, although it might challenge they're london centric perception of scotland...
  • tlw1
    HaydenM wrote:
    I was thinking of rubbing the lens with vaseline like they did in Rambo to make it look like they were in the jungle. Not sure why I would want to make it look humid and steamy here though, although it might challenge they're london centric perception of scotland...
    Google search pictures of the other participates wife’s and have them on the wall behind you with a mark out of ten on them
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Sunny and fresh out, need to nip into manc and the M60 is at a standstill due to some loon losing it in the outside lane.

Riding tomorrow, the n a garden part for the royal wedding. Well the girls will be watching, we're using it as an excuse to sit in the sun and drink beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Google search pictures of the other participates wife’s and have them on the wall behind you with a mark out of ten on them

They are the sorts of guys whose wives are patrons on charities or trustees of things so that might work very well, lots of google fapfodder
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

They are the sorts of guys whose wives are patrons on charities or trustees of things so that might work very well, lots of google fapfodder

POIDH

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    POET day.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    POET day.
    P!iss Off Early Tomorrow? Shirley it should be POETS day. You should have a word with that MF bloke.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    POET day.
    P!iss Off Early Tomorrow? Shirley it should be POETS day. You should have a word with that MF bloke.
    P!iss off ET? MFs upset watching it again?
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    POET day.
    P!iss off ET? MFs upset watching it again?
    Maybe ET replaced PP3 in the schedules.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

POIDH

I think I would sooner post pictures of my GF with no clothes on than my CEO's wife's identity on here...

And no, I won't be doing that either :wink:
  • tlw1
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

POIDH

I think I would sooner post pictures of my GF with no clothes on than my CEO's wife's identity on here...

Private message?
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

That is a work of absolute f**king genius. Post of the Week. Chapeau etc.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • haydenm
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

POIDH

Private message?

I'll refer you back to the old MBUK forum when I posted a link to a friend of mine in 6th form who sent pics into the FHM 'Highstreet honey' page, a few members decided to make good use of the comments section to explain why they were there. She read them and I got slapped the following Monday. Luckily we had a fairly banterous relationship so I survived, though the next time I saw them in the flesh I couldn't help but feel slightly ill that you perverts had seen them too...
  • haydenm
    Let this be a lesson to you all. As it turns out, no good can come of posting pics of your friend's norks on the internet.
  • veronese68
    HaydenM wrote:
    Let this be a lesson to you all. As it turns out, no good can come of posting pics of your friend's norks on the internet.
    I disagree, I have no problem with other people posting their friends' norks on the internet.