tubeless tyre inflators any airshot users on here?

swod1
swod1 Posts: 1,639
edited May 2018 in MTB buying advice
Does any one on here have an airshot or one of the other tubeless tyre inflators.

I'm interested in buying one and not sure which to get, i'll be using it on two bikes.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Are you looking to use it remotely or will you always be "at base"? In which case I'd go for something like a Bontrager Flash Charger or similar style all-in-one track pump/tubeless inflator. Mine's been brilliant.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • swod1
    Are you looking to use it remotely or will you always be "at base"? In which case I'd go for something like a Bontrager Flash Charger or similar style all-in-one track pump/tubeless inflator. Mine's been brilliant.

Use it at home, i don't bother to inject sealant from valve and like to take side of tyre off and wipe inside and renew the sealant.

I was using just ordinary track pump but its become a chore, pumping fast like a mad man to re seat the bead.

i'm hoping one of these will last years.
  • lostboysaint
    lostboysaint Posts: 4,250
    Go with a pump/charger combo.
    Trail fun - Transition Bandit
    Road - Wilier Izoard Centaur/Cube Agree C62 Disc
    Allround - Cotic Solaris
  • swod1
    Go with a pump/charger combo.

It could be an idea to get a combined pump.

Didn't want to spend much but i see that sigma sports are selling the charger pump for 74.49.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,695
    I've got an Airshot. It's pretty good. If you already have a decent track pump then I don't really see the point of getting a charger pump. If all you have is a hand pump, then the charger pumps make sense.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I use a lifeline airblast. Best thing I’ve ever bought. Struggled with a normal track pump for years, airbkast makes it so much easier, have 29x2.4 and 26.5x2.8 bikes.
  • swod1
    whyamihere wrote:
    I've got an Airshot. It's pretty good. If you already have a decent track pump then I don't really see the point of getting a charger pump. If all you have is a hand pump, then the charger pumps make sense.

Yes I've a topeak track pump that i use at home.
    JGTR wrote:
    I use a lifeline airblast. Best thing I’ve ever bought. Struggled with a normal track pump for years, airbkast makes it so much easier, have 29x2.4 and 26.5x2.8 bikes.

Just googled this and its a couple of quid more than an airshot, I'm tempted to buy one of these now. what is the build quality like?

I'm running minions on my mega and they went on fine when new but breaking the bead on one side to top up i find them harder to inflate with track pump, there exo sidewall ones too.

Would come in handy for changing tyres throughout the year.
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Use the Schwalbe Tyre Booster - works well.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    swod1 wrote:
    whyamihere wrote:

Yes I've a topeak track pump that i use at home.
    JGTR wrote:

Just googled this and its a couple of quid more than an airshot, I'm tempted to buy one of these now. what is the build quality like?

I'm running minions on my mega and they went on fine when new but breaking the bead on one side to top up i find them harder to inflate with track pump, there exo sidewall ones too.

Would come in handy for changing tyres throughout the year.

Quality seems good. I’ve been using a standard track pump for years, can’t believe I waited this long to get a tubeless pump with aircan, makes changing tyres so easy. The gauge on the airblast goes upto 250 psi so can be a bit hit and miss getting the exact pressure, but I just use a different track pump and to be fair I don’t really bother with the gauge anyway, just do it by feel. My n+1 is a plus bike so needed to get the airblast.
  • swod1
    JGTR wrote:
    Quality seems good. I’ve been using a standard track pump for years, can’t believe I waited this long to get a tubeless pump with aircan, makes changing tyres so easy. The gauge on the airblast goes upto 250 psi so can be a bit hit and miss getting the exact pressure, but I just use a different track pump and to be fair I don’t really bother with the gauge anyway, just do it by feel. My n+1 is a plus bike so needed to get the airblast.

looking on CRC the reviews are positive, not sure what to do as the lifeline pump is same price there abouts as the Airshot.

Suppose you can never have too many pumps and i don't have the need for an air compressor.
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,489
    I've got an airshot that I don't need any more. Was planning to put it in the classified section soon.
  • zefs
    zefs Posts: 484
    Yeah the Lifeline Airblast is good, I use it for road tubeless no issues so far.
  • swod1
    zefs wrote:
    Yeah the Lifeline Airblast is good, I use it for road tubeless no issues so far.

that's good to hear then as road bike tyres use high pressures. Not bought it yet as been busy with work and forgot.