edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

gym, cafe, be a bad boy, boogie, etc.

is it thursday?
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it is Thursday Sungod, and it’s a better day by the looks of things, car needs to go to the garage for a recall.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Weekend is getting closer, just lots of work snizzle to complete first.

Today is a few different offfices far away, so no cycling, though may bung a Bike in the back in case I get away at a reasonable time
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,431
    looks brighter out than yesterday

laziness has postponed gym, need energy to get to cafe
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Summer's back after yesterday's interlude.

Riding down the Lleyn later, although I'm doing it twice because I've got to drop the car at the other end then ride back to find GF.

Staying in a camping pod thingy tonight. Ended up nearly as expensive as a b&b.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    i'm sitting with my feet on the desk drinking coffee and intend to do nuffin all day.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Still hot here. Managed not to die last night on the mtb, did snap a spoke and noticed my hub bearings were going so the wheelset is in the shop in prep for racing this weekend. According to strava I am a fair bit off the pace so I have a lot of work to do in practice if I want to not embarrass myself...
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Sun is out, legs are out. not saying whose legs, just legs.

Got to drive to North Manchester for lunch, would prefer to remain in this provincial market town and visit a pub
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks,
    Traditional Thursday mild hangover is present and correct. Lovely and sunny out but a bit fresh at a mere 7'C when I left the house. Wobbled in on the pub hack wearing jeans as the Mrs is dumping the car on me shortly as female child has an exam first thing. Chemistry today which she's not so keen on but is pretty good at judging by previous results.
    More customer avoidance planned for today, not been doing very well at that thus far but now a few others have bothered to turn up things should improve. About time someone made me a nice cup of rosie come to think of it.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Sunny but a bit nippy here, good job I haven’t mothballed the tweeds yet.
    Got to finish off cutting the grass apparently I didn’t trim the edges, which I did not do as they looked like they had never been trimmed. Who would have thought grass could be so complicated.
    A bike ride will be in order later and as it’s coolish I will have the opportunity to wear my Assos mid weight long sleeve top which I got for Christmas and due to me missing the early part of spring hasn’t had any use.
    I wonder how North Yorkshire will take to the Swiss flag being peddled through the lanes.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Bl00dy freezing out. Stiff north easterly made for an effortful ride.

Normal weekday b0ll0cks.
  • Matthewfalle
    i've just had tuna mayonnaise pasta as a snack. i may go and track down a protein shake.

TDV is now away again for the foreseeable. I may do nothing but hang out with bambini, das Hound and eat too much.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    nippy stroll to from cafe first thing, many webexes, ordered mrs s some stuff, as a reward to self also ordered me some stuff

planned a ripe squidgy cheese, grapes, and crusty bread for lunch, but i think i'll make it elevenses instead
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    A day where I could easily have murderised several people, simply to improve the global gene pool. Such stupidity should be prevented from replicating itself.

Bought a vaguely vintage/retro bike frame to compensate. May never ride the thing much but who cares, it's gonna be purty (except to Pinno). Do not remember what parts I have in the boxes to build it with but that just means more shopping, right?

May buy another car this weekend for sh!ts and giggles. Will go drive it first though...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,149
    Veronese68 wrote:
    female child has an exam first thing. Chemistry today which she's not so keen on but is pretty good at judging by previous results.
    Snap. Stropteen was doing the same exam this morning, then thankfully a few days off before the next one.

Drove into the office this morning, luckily we're just outside the congestion rip off zone. Once the traffic has cleared a bit this evening I'll jump back in my sleek silver machine and crank up the Clash on the stereo as I head oop North for a couple of days.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    TDV is now away again for the foreseeable.
    Where did you bury her?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where did you bury her?

Nina said she would take care of it. She had been on the Buckie for breakfast so who was I to argue?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Where did you bury her?

Nina said she would take care of it. She had been on the Buckie for breakfast so who was I to argue?
    That's the right answer.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    female child has an exam first thing. Chemistry today which she's not so keen on but is pretty good at judging by previous results.
    Snap. Stropteen was doing the same exam this morning, then thankfully a few days off before the next one.
    Same here, next one is Tuesday morning. She's very glad of a few days off, said her headache was getting worse. We never know if the headache is really getting worse for medical reasons or if she is just expecting it to get worse so it does or if she's just being a teenager.
    She's got home after her exam and the lad is still asleep, but he was working in the pub last night and wasn't back by 1 so I suspect he had a drink after work.
    A day where I could easily have murderised several people, simply to improve the global gene pool. Such stupidity should be prevented from replicating itself.
    Bought a vaguely vintage/retro bike frame to compensate. May never ride the thing much but who cares, it's gonna be purty (except to Pinno). Do not remember what parts I have in the boxes to build it with but that just means more shopping, right?
    May buy another car this weekend for sh!ts and giggles. Will go drive it first though...
    murderising idiots to death for the greater good of mankind should be considered a service to humanity and rewarded as such rather than being frowned upon.
    Stick some pictures of the retro frame up, I need to stick mine on here as well but need to sort out better picture hosting since Photobucket got greedy and can't find the one SG recommended recently. Who was it again.
    What's the car? Something fun I hope.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    murderising idiots to death for the greater good of mankind should be considered a service to humanity and rewarded as such rather than being frowned upon.
    Stick some pictures of the retro frame up, I need to stick mine on here as well but need to sort out better picture hosting since Photobucket got greedy and can't find the one SG recommended recently. Who was it again.
    What's the car? Something fun I hope.

Last thing I need.. but the bike frame is a Titus Racer-X titanium FS one, for 26" wheels. Should be an SG approved shiny bike.. apart from the springy bits that is.. :D

Car is a silly thing. Seen an early TT convertible in mint nick, low miles, with the hi boost turbo and 4WD going pretty reasonably cheap. Just for roof down drives to lunch and back the long way on weekends basically.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Played with a tape measure earlier, drove a bit, picked up some sand and a salad.

If anyone wants any bodies disposing of I'm preparing a base for a patio later.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm

I'll PM you.
  • veronese68
    Hope it's a big patio, I'll be in touch for directions of where to send the truck.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Morning, it is Thursday Sungod, and it’s a better day by the looks of things, car needs to go to the garage for a recall.

BMW with potentially failing electrics? Incendiary Vauxhall? Or is it the tail end of the VAG emissions fiasco?

Son's still declining Audi's invitations to modify his A3; it's running sweetly, and more importantly cheaply. I've read too many tales of failure of expensive bits of the emissions control system shortly after having the fix applied.
  • haydenm
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hope it's a big patio, I'll be in touch for directions of where to send the truck.

I knew she was big but a truck?! :wink:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    keef66 wrote:

BMW with potentially failing electrics? Incendiary Vauxhall? Or is it the tail end of the VAG emissions fiasco?

Son's still declining Audi's invitations to modify his A3; it's running sweetly, and more importantly cheaply. I've read too many tales of failure of expensive bits of the emissions control system shortly after having the fix applied.

The lesser known ones too, Toyota/Lexus braking failure recalls, Merc emissions issues, and Alfas just being Alfas.

Afternoon all, fake weather today. It looked nice but its cold which wasn't nice, clue should have been the reluctant dog not wanting to go outside. Some gentle persuasion as in a dog blanket and picking her up then dropping her outside did the trick.
    Not much occurring work wise today lots of people off on their holidays so its ground to a halt here. Thus far managed to avoid spanking the funds so going to slip them into the saving account before I do by something silly, I think my internal procrastinator saved me.
    Cant get an Italian frame as I have a SRAM groupset, cant get eTap because im not quick enough for it etc etc. OH will probably ear mark it for a pair of shoes or something soon anyway.

Homer, you going for the Brookside domed patio look?
  • haydenm
    keef66 wrote:

That happened to my neighbour's and my friend's VW Polos, not sure what the outcomes were in the end but I remember them both being very angry
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    http://postimages.org/
  • veronese68
    sungod wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    http://postimages.org/
    Ta very much, will sort that when I get home later.
  • sungod
    when i was a kid, i used to throw the walnut away, haven't had one for decades

but these days i'd probably eat the walnut, therefore i feel outrage at yet another way brexit is destroying british tradition