wednesday take a chance while you still got the choice

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee+curly comestible, webexes etc., continue doing the bad boy boogie
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yet again should be doing the long commute, but only got time for a hybrid one.

Managed to take the best bike out for an hour last night to compensate, might take a fun bike out for a blast in the woods tonight - loving this weather :)
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, where’s the sun ? I knew it would disappear if I bought sun cream, Very windy and overcast, bike ride put on hold until this evening
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Raining here, forecast says it should be dry. Waiting for Autoglass to arrive, another TT later.
    Might finally get that haircut this morning.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Wet here and windy. Today’s plan of cutting the grass to score some brownie points with the missus have been scuppered by the rain. So it looks like a stroll to the library and then wait and see how the weather pans out. Might have to watch some cycling at some point.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    God it's a barren featureless desert out there. Also slightly chilly wind right in my face.

My bike computer tells me I travelled 26km at an average of 38.4 kph this morning, with a max speed of 88 kph. I am slightly sceptical of this. I must go and hit the speed/distance sensor with a hammer.

Weetabix is not a satisfactory breakfast. I am starving, and am going foraging shortly.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,251
    Going backwards at a rate of knots, why am I on here?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Because we make you look good?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, grey very non descript day out. Today nothing is planned so I plan to do nothing.

Hopkin, check the date you may have gone back in time
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, Lovely bright sunshine here. I'm more knackered today after an hour ride last night than I was after touring last week. It's either delayed onset or has something to do with my strava trophy/pb haul which I am depressingly excited by. Got a mate who also happens to be an enduro world series racer staying so we are off to Innerleithen tonight for a blast down some steep stuff. Not ridden the full sus in months and I have a race this weekend, I'm going to die.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Rode again last night in shorts and sleeves!

Got up early today and ran 6km to see if my poorly ankle was ready for a 10k on Sunday, £38 and a few emails later says it is...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Because we make you look good?
    My colleagues do that for me, if I actually worked hard I'd make them look even worse than they do now. :lol:
    Why is it always the ones with the worst sales figures that keep asking to see what the latest figures are? Do they enjoy looking bad?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    hopkinb wrote:
    God it's a barren featureless desert out there. Also slightly chilly wind right in my face.

My bike computer tells me I travelled 26km at an average of 38.4 kph this morning, with a max speed of 88 kph. I am slightly sceptical of this. I must go and hit the speed/distance sensor with a hammer.

Weetabix is not a satisfactory breakfast. I am starving, and am going foraging shortly.
    Weetabix usually keeps me going 'till shortly after 9am as well, before I start stuffing my face with snacks. But I haven't got the time or the inclination to do anything more substantial at 6:30am. Bloody well rained on me this morning and I had no cycling jacket with me as the bastard BBC forecast said I didn't need one.

Tonight will be packing for headed up North tomorrow via the office.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    Had to take the old dear's Micra in for an MOT today as the old man said it was due, he left the old MOT in the glove box. Got there are the allotted time to find the yoof had booked me in for the wrong time. Then notice the old man had looked at the wrong MOT and it doesn't actually run out for another couple of months so no point in doing it today anyway. Taking it back in a month to try again. Could've done without that running around today.
    Anyway, it's Wednesday so it's pub night. Also going out for a meal to celebrate one of our number surviving another year. Tomorrow morning will be a slow wobble in to work.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    oxoman wrote:
    Someone else's turn to get us above 2 pages today.

Nope.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:

No.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:

?
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:

That worked.
  • pinno
    No it didn't.

• pinno
    If at first, you don't succeed,
    Wrap yer foreskin over yer heed
    and burrell on yer elbow.
  • pinno
    [Yay!]

New old banger went through the MOT. £40 plus 55p (including vat) for 2 light bulbs. 25 year old banger. Ha ha. knocks the socks off the old CDi post Chrysler take over tinny rot box it was.
    What was the VAT on those bulbs Hoppy?

Giro was brilliant. Well, the highlights were.

Laters.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    [Yay!]

New old banger went through the MOT. £40 plus 55p (including vat) for 2 light bulbs. 25 year old banger. Ha ha. knocks the socks off the old CDi post Chrysler take over tinny rot box it was.
    What was the VAT on those bulbs Hoppy?

Giro was brilliant. Well, the highlights were.

Laters.
    Much cheaper than the main stealer charged for my brakes a couple of weeks ago - £500! Glad I wasn’t paying
  • pinno
    £500 ?!

£100 less than I paid for mine.
    I won't go in to detail about the £2k I spent on it.
  • tlw1
    Pinno wrote:
    £500 ?!

Gutting when braking is the main product group we sell!
  • pinno
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    £500 ?!

Gutting when braking is the main product group we sell!

There is a set of 4 front and rear embossed (white detail) red enamelled brake callipers on the Old old new banger just ready to swap over to the Old new banger :D Just like these except with white lettering.

s-l1600.jpg
  • veronese68
    You don’t want to know how little we charge for brand new calipers for some cars, and people still b!tch and whine.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    You don’t want to know how little we charge for brand new calipers for some cars, and people still b!tch and whine.
    I know, we once sold some from out Hayes branch to this bloke for an Audi.........
  • Stevo_666
    I seemed to have wandered into the Arthur Daley sub-forum by accident :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    Who's what?

Terry McCann
    Arthur Daley
    Dave Harris ?
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Who's what?

Terry McCann
    Arthur Daley
    Dave Harris ?
    Probably interchangeable as long as you wear your sheepskin coats.