monday being the bad guy, just for the lols

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee+croissant, many webexes

must remember to nip into the datawarehouse and yank out a code for some beancounters, or maybe i'll make one up, it's not that i find it hard to care, it's that i don't care
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, cool but bright this morning looks like it’s going to be a nice day, I have to go and discuss my next job , it starts 1st June
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Nice ride in to a local branch on tired legs

Later is a few jobs in the sunshine
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Sunny but a little fresh out there this morning. Had to drive in as I was transporting an unrideable BSO in this morning, it's either being given to someone or going in the scrap metal bin.
    Going to spend the day avoiding interaction with others, I feel the urge to murderise someone to death. This often happens after I've had a day off, mainly due to the incompetence of others.
    It's been a long week, I need a rest.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning.

Rode all the way to work for the first time in ages and went a different way which was a bit longer than I thought, but not as long as it felt. Corporate fitbit thing reckons I walked 9500 steps even though I didn't get off and push once.

Someone's on leave this week and have directed all their stuff to me :roll:
    sungod wrote:
    'must remember to nip into the datawarehouse and yank out a code for some beancounters, or maybe i'll make one up, it's not that i find it hard to care, it's that i don't care
    4291 is always good. So is 6969.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Too hot to sit in the sun here, so brolly up. Cat sick cleaned up floors vac’ed and mopped, now a cup of tea followed by a bike ride and then a trip to the physio.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Moved a few tonnes of crush and run yesterday by hand a drove a wacker plate around a bit so feeling the after effects today.

I also seemed to have agreed to a 10km event next Sunday... The things you do after consuming your own weight in wine.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,161
    Good pedal in and my dodgy hip didn't act up again too much so will take that as a win. We have visitors from the Kingdom of Far Far Away this week, where my main job is to explain the bleedin' obvious to them, including why some of their ideas and processes are utter shyte.

Stropteen is headed in for her first written GCSE, so keeping fingers crossed that there are no meltdowns. Drink on standby for this evening just in case.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    MF was saying that he Single sped in today. Seemed glorifyingly easy until he realised that there was a million mile an hour wind behind him. He isn't not looking forward to the ride back to MF Towers with his 80mm carbons fighting the wind, however I am sure that HE WILL PREVAIL AND THE WIND WILL BE DEFEATED BY BIS MGHT AND POWER.

Apart from that he seems very bored skulking in the corner.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stropteen is headed in for her first written GCSE, so keeping fingers crossed that there are no meltdowns. Drink on standby for this evening just in case.

Best of British to stropteen.

Work related yawns.

Mrs H3 is making us veggie all week. Luckily I like chickpeas and lentils a huge amount, so hopefully that's dinner for the week sorted. Managed to stay off the meat at lunchtime too. Soup & an egg sandwich.

Just realised why this morning's commute seemed harder than usual - northerly wind. It has stayed northerly, so the ride home could be rapid.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Did you give her the slideshow motivation?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    being a bad boy ain't that bad, got a gmc bung, decided to have bottle of dom to celebrate with mrs s (shh don't tell her)

plane trees are ramping up seed dispersal, yellow fluff blowing around, cof cof cof
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    Daughter’s first GCSE done, she said it wasn’t too bad but she had to bluff it a bit. Thankfully it was only RE so nothing important as the first one. Told her bluffing it is fine as religion is all made up mumbo jumbo anyway. At least I think that’s what it says in the bible. Biology tomorrow.
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Daughter’s first GCSE done, she said it wasn’t too bad but she had to bluff it a bit. Thankfully it was only RE so nothing important as the first one. Told her bluffing it is fine as religion is all made up mumbo jumbo anyway. At least I think that’s what it says in the bible. Biology tomorrow.
    Best of British to (not so) mini V68 as well. Bluffing, or plausible, well argued bullshyyte, interspersed with a few easily tickable factual nuggets will get you everywhere in humanities exams. Maths and science, not so much.

It's like the air is full of loft insulation out there.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Best of British to (not so) mini V68 as well. Bluffing, or plausible, well argued bullshyyte, interspersed with a few easily tickable factual nuggets will get you everywhere in humanities exams. Maths and science, not so much.

Thanks Hoppy. Only anorher 24 exams to go...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

She's not motivated by money yet: I must be doing something wrong. So the slideshow idea would probably be counterproductive.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

She's not motivated by money yet: I must be doing something wrong. So the slideshow idea would probably be counterproductive.

In that case just walk into her room when she should be revising but is actually reading Smash Hits or Just 17 or similar and start smashing up her stuff with a pick elf.

She'll soon grab the highlighters and pens and be getting top grades.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Eh? What do you mean "thanks Hoppy?"

MF is the one that's passing on vital motivational tips and what does he get? Nil. Nada. Bugger all.

It's like Barry and his brilliant post all over again.

BAD

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    Barry's not been heard of since Piña went over there on holiday. Has Piña been building a patio at PPP?
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Barry's not been heard of since Piña went over there on holiday. Has Piña been building a patio at PPP?

Or is Barry wearing Pinno's skin and posting in his stead?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:

Eh? What do you mean "thanks Hoppy?"

MF is the one that's passing on vital motivational tips and what does he get? Nil. Nada. Bugger all.

BAD
    Who's Barry?

If it makes you feel better, thanks for the tips but they were a bit shyte :wink:
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Who's Barry?
    Barry or Gary? Whichever it was he spelt it wrong.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Alpha Ros light for £99, would it be completely pointless considering I already have a perfectly good cycling waterproof? Mine doesn't have pockets on the rear though...
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    Alpha Ros light for £99, would it be completely pointless considering I already have a perfectly good cycling waterproof? Mine doesn't have pockets on the rear though...

Alpha ros isn't completely waterproof is it? It probably is 98% waterproof in 95% of conditions you might find yourself riding though, so if you like the colour, go for it!! Is that the jacket or the jersey?
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Alpha ros isn't completely waterproof is it? It probably is 98% waterproof in 95% of conditions you might find yourself riding though, so if you like the colour, go for it!! Is that the jacket or the jersey?

Jacket https://www.tweekscycles.com/cycling-cl ... ght-jacket

Not quite sure why I posted this in Monday's thread but hey. Being that I may well need to buy a new frame if they don't warranty mine I might wait and see what the outcome is, and let Tweekscycles sell out
  • hopkinb
    Ah, it's a revamped alpha jersey (The jacket has windstopper all round). I love my alpha jerseys. They cover most of late autumn, winter and early spring. The extra taped seams can only improve the garment. I spent a small fortune on the Castelli Idro, (still a fortune at half price) which is woven from moonbeams and magic.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    HaydenM wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Jacket https://www.tweekscycles.com/cycling-cl ... ght-jacket

Not quite sure why I posted this in Monday's thread but hey. Being that I may well need to buy a new frame if they don't warranty mine I might wait and see what the outcome is, and let Tweekscycles sell out

Light jacket = Jersey depending on who's selling it.

I got the jacket jacket and it's got extra details / pocket on the front. Based on just one ride (it's now too warm) I'd say it's functionally waterproof, ie your 98% / 95% comment on the nose.
  • haydenm
    I'm going to resist I think. I have a perfectly good one of these which has had very little use (and because I didn't want to spend £100+ on castelli, this was £70) http://road.cc/content/review/171428-bo ... ell-jacket

If it's raining that bad I'll be on the MTB riding steep technical stuff in a proper goretex active berghaus jacket, not really a bike jacket but its excellent, and I'd probably also use it on the road despite it's hood as I won't be going that fast in bad weather anyway. Use it for touring a lot too