weather seems to be sinking back into the usual cloudycold mode
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long commute, so better get some Lycra on
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a wet start here in Lincolnshire, looks to be brightening up, still some gardening to do, bike ride later
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, cold a bit damp but bright, do the clocks go back yet or something?

Shall be mainly yelling in Spanish for the next few days, previous job at a Spanish bank finally of some use! Will try an hook onto euro sport later for Giro De Etna see if Froome falls off again.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Bit chillier this morning and a little moist out there, but it helped clear the cobwebs of the traditional Thursday hangover. Normal service has resumed as SG says. Today is my Friday as I'm off tomorrow for a meandering cycling pub crawl along the rivers Wey and Thames. Hopefully it won't be too busy today as I'd like to go for lunch with the Mrs later. Unfortunately I suspect that won't happen but I'll just have to keep fending off customers and hope for the best.
    onwards and upwards to mediocrity.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Sunny intervals here. Feeling a bit sore after yesterday’s efforts, the beer and wine helped. However at some point in the night wifey did the “ Did you hear that” she reckoned that she’d heard what sounded like someone levering the boards of the window of the empty property next door. So she’s then out of bed watching and she sees a bloke with what looks like a crowbar in his hand. By this time I’ve gone back to sleep only to be woken when she rings the rossers. Who surprisingly sent out two squad cars and came back several times to check. Must of been a quiet night crime wise in North Yorkshire.
    So the plan to chop back the tree overhanging our garden is now on hold as it’s a crime scene. :D
    Might be a walk later if I can summon up the energy.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Couldn't muster the energy to get up at 5.45 for a ride so got up at 6.30 for a short run instead.

Today will comprise of emails, putting wrong things right and tea.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    chat went well, now back at work. will scratch head about applying.

1 day to go. all excited :)
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    In sunny Yorkshire today, although meeting finished a lot earlier than expected so might have to go back to the office which has messed up my bike ride logistics planning.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    nippy/soggy ride in this morning, decided to wfh and watch the giro for the afternoon
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Matthewfalle
    Argon 18 internal cabling is officially shyyt

If has defeated someone who has built bicycles for years, used to work in a shop as the mechanic and is pretty handy then home tinkering of bicycles, if internal cabling persists, is doomed.

What a crock of dog shyyt.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Webboo wrote:
    Morning
    Sunny intervals here. Feeling a bit sore after yesterday’s efforts, the beer and wine helped. However at some point in the night wifey did the “ Did you hear that” she reckoned that she’d heard what sounded like someone levering the boards of the window of the empty property next door. So she’s then out of bed watching and she sees a bloke with what looks like a crowbar in his hand. By this time I’ve gone back to sleep only to be woken when she rings the rossers. Who surprisingly sent out two squad cars and came back several times to check. must have been a quiet night crime wise in North Yorkshire.
    So the plan to chop back the tree overhanging our garden is now on hold as it’s a crime scene. :D
    Might be a walk later if I can summon up the energy.
    I thought all the crime was in Redcar, maybe they're going on tour?

Busy day today including a meeting in the City and much delegation to minions, but it's nearly the weekend. The council has woken up after much prodding and is now sending the housing enforcement team in to look at the chav infestation next door. In the meantime I've found that the owner is borrowing from a lender that doesn't lend against HMO properties with more than 5 tenants and they've got at least 6 in there - time for a call to the bank...

I'm headed off soon to dick around with car configurators :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Argon 18 internal cabling is officially shyyt

If has defeated someone who has built bicycles for years, used to work in a shop as the mechanic and is pretty handy then home tinkering of bicycles, if internal cabling persists, is doomed.

What a crock of dog shyyt.

MF came round, took one look at it and kicked its backside. Cables in.

Took him 5 minutes. If you want to know what he did, Post below.

He’s a genius and I’m going to let TDV do things to Little MF that you lot have only seen in films on the internet.

I tell you, the man is a genius.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129

He’s a genius and I’m going to let TDV do things to Little MF that you lot have only seen in films on the internet.

You're going to let TDV get on with a spot of urethral sounding eh? Rather you than me. :twisted:
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

You're going to let TDV get on with a spot of urethral sounding eh? Rather you than me. :twisted:

MF said that he was just going to let her kick him in the nads but now you have given her ideas.

He doesn’t think this is going to end well.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    hopkinb wrote:

Anyone eating a kebab on a skewer probably shouldn't google that :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    "urethral sounding". Quite why someone would want to do that, I have no idea.

Me tiling bathroom me. Much catch Giro highlights.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Tired legs and a wife complaining she hasn’t seen me all week as I’ve been working and cycling lots

Offered to meet her at a pub on the ride home tomorrow - she is just so dam lucky to have me