wednesday calling in a drone strike

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,437
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

medley of wfh and cafe life

much gmc mopping up needed, may need to get serious with some people, roll on next hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Working reasonable commute, bike in the back of the car to use on checking out a road race circuit - if I get away on time
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, back home to find the garden has exploded in to life, lawn,and hedges need cutting, maybe a ride later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Slept past the alarm but still made my train - just. Average day at work ahead but at least I get a free lunch with a recruiter who wants more of my business. I havent told him we have no vacancies for now :twisted:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Ride, work, ride, fix bikes later.
    GF wants to ride Lon Eifion next week but the freehub on "her" bike isn't engaging and the rear shifting is terrible. Two of the many reasons I bought a new bike so I could chuck the old one in the bin.

PBs left right and centre on last night's time trial, except for me :( At least it stopped raining and the sun had come out.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    edited May 2018
    ciao

sun shining, nice and dry and MF says he is about to pop out for an hour on the bike.

2 days to go.

Accatancipitation.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Lovely spin in. Now sitting at my desk thinking about coffee, and also sticky buns. I wonder where I can find a sticky bun in the City. There is a Greggs round the corner, maybe they will have a sticky bun.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely morning for a ride, unfortunately I had to drive in as I have two bikes, a chair and three people to transport home later. diverted via the trail in Richmond Park on the way home last night and it was absolutely glorious.
    Reasonably busy in the office today, just have to keep fending customers off.
    Seeing as it's already Wednesday I will have to go to the pub later. Tomorrow is Friday, well it is for me at any rate. Three day week is a good thing, not like it was in the 70s.
    Right, where's my next cup of tea?
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,978
    Got up early for once to do my regular pre work loop but dressed badly so didn't fancy a 5.5 mile descent in cold mist, opted for a shorter one instead.

Now sat at my desk looking at photos of a concrete plug.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, drove in this morning, appears I have a slow puncture on the commuter I didn't notice an the racer is awaiting spares. Cooled off somewhat as well too which is nice. Will take the chance to partake in a relaxed lunch by the lake then sort the puncture tonight when I get home.
    Generally confused over the days this week thought it was Tuesday till I was reminded otherwise. Oops!
  • What day is it, where am I
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    What day is it, where am I

Its Tuesday, an your in the cupboard still, now put down the digestives an man up!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    MF did 86 miles this morning. He'll post his stats in a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • MF did 86 miles this morning. He'll post his stats in a bit.

Cadence only data required for MileMunter1
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • veronese68
    MF did 86 miles this morning. He'll post his stats in a bit.
    Cadence only data required for MileMunter1
    86 miles, that's 172 turns of the cranks in MM1's world.
    New/old bike has arrived. Not bad for what I paid for it, might ride it a bit before stripping it and transferring parts to the Chesini frame.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Evening
    Yesterday’s longer ride went well apart from the 20% hill when I couldn’t get bottom gear. Anyhow managed to survive.
    Ended up in the pub later but felt fine this morning. Walked down town to the market this morning, wondered who the fat bloke was, looking at me in a shop window. The realisation led to a rush of blood to the head resulting in doing 64 miles on the bike. So much for a gradual build up to riding again. I should know better at my age.
    Now feeling a bit battered, might have to drink some beer to feel better.
  • veronese68
    Beer will definitely help, beer will fix anything. Well, almost anything. It won’t make the seatpost on the new/old bike any longer*. That is very dull because it’s a nice sculpted aero shape but a touch too short. Had a fiddle with it, adjusted gears and brakes so it all works as it should. Might ride it into work tomorrow.

* but if I drink enough beer I won’t care so it would solve the problem.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,172
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Beer will definitely help, beer will fix anything. Well, almost anything
    Reminds me of this piece of deep philosophical thinking:

philosophy_o_768131.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Busy as a one armed brickie with crabs at work.

Getting so unfit it’s embarrassing.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,832
    Left work too late so only managed 15 miles before it got dark :(

Bright side, legs will be fresh(ish) for a long commute tomorrow