Some of the best trails I've ever ridden! | BMCC (Gimbal POV 4K)

sprinter2012
sprinter2012 Posts: 88
edited May 2018 in Your pics and vids
Second time out with the gimbal setup over the bank holiday weekend, switched from 2.7K 60fps to 4K 30fps for this footage and the results are much better. Ideal conditions to capture the fantastic trails at BMCC, I really cannot rate them highly enough!

For those of you who saw my last video at FoD, I'd be interested to know if you can see the difference in quality in this video. I also managed to get the gimbal tracking straight for this footage... :roll:

EgHlTXI.jpg
Subscribe on YouTube or follow on Instagram

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    That trail looks great. I'll have to get up there this summer.

The video quality doesn't actually look as good as your last video (FoD). There appears to be a bit of ghosting at times. It could be due to the lower frame rate.
    Did you upload it as 4K? On my computer it is playing at 1080p even though I have a 5K display.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    That trail looks great. I'll have to get up there this summer.

The video quality doesn't actually look as good as your last video (FoD). There appears to be a bit of ghosting at times. On my computer it is playing at 1080p even though I have a 5K display.

I only covered about half the trails on offer during my trip so I'll definitely be heading back there in a month or two as well!

The 4K processing on YouTube will have finished long ago so it must not be measuring a fast enough download to switch to 4K? My screen is 21:9 2560x1080 and it still autoplays 4K on that unless I've got something downloading in the background.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Sorted. I was watching via Safari on my iMac and it turns out that there is some dispute between Apple and someone else so YouTube will only display up to 1080p.
    Have now watched the videos via Chrome and the 4K video does look better. Colours are brighter and the black of your bars and stem appears 'blacker'.
    It's easier to read the data on your Garmin in the 4K video as well. :)
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • JBA wrote:
    Sorted. I was watching via Safari on my iMac and it turns out that there is some dispute between Apple and someone else so YouTube will only display up to 1080p.
    Have now watched the videos via Chrome and the 4K video does look better. Colours are brighter and the black of your bars and stem appears 'blacker'.
    It's easier to read the data on your Garmin in the 4K video as well. :)

Ooh right, my brother had the same issue trying to watch it on his PS4 as that only allows a max res of 1080p to be streamed.

I think I managed to do a slightly better job on the colour grading with this one too, and funnily being able to see text on the Garmin screen properly was one of the first things that made me think "wow, this is so much clearer!".