edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office of gmc, coffee+croissant, see how early i can bail

maybe work from sunbed for the afternoon
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working too far away from home today, rest later, we’ll thats my plan, the wife may have different ideas
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, job finished travel home today ,back in 3 weeks
    I hope the weather holds up for a few more days
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Sunny drive, sunny ride, work
    Reverse
    More riding
    Need to fix some bikes too if I get the chance.

:)
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,250
    Morning folks,
    Glorious out there again today, rode the MTB in today as I'm out on it for the day on Fryday so thought I'd better check it was all in order. All worked as it should, hard work with big fat draggy tyres though. Today will consist of fire fighting all the calls from people that got their old nails out over the weekend and broke down. Suspect it may be busy.
    Did I mention it's only a 3 day week for me this week?
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Foggy misty and cold. This is random and sucks.

May do some work on a friend’s bike.

3 days to go. Soooooooo excited.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Coffee and Danishes eaten in the sun on the patio. Later will be a bike ride and out to pick car up from garage. Might manage to avoid any jobs with a bit of luck as wife has got her own plans today.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sunny sunny sunny. Eating an apple. More sunny later. I might go for a longer pootle home to stretch my legs a bit after yesterday, though I suppose Richmond park will be a car park. Then pick up dog shyyte off the lawn and chuck it over the back fence. Mow lawn. Sit and survey all that is mine and watch bats swoop in the twilight.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Well that was a weekend to recover from, far too much beer/wine/gin was drunk.

Hot and sticky here in the office, I'd ride tonight but have be enlisted to help a mate fit a fire place.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,157
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sit and survey all that is mine and watch bats swoop in the twilight.
    The only bat I ever see swooping is when Stressbag sees some chocolate left out on the table.

Nice ride in this morning and will be a hot one on the way home this evening as its lurvely out there now. Had to sneak around this morning though as Stropteen is off on study leave before GCSE's start next week and I was under orders not to wake her up early :roll:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    the sun has come out. huzzah!

some freaky weirdo woman is staring at mf. hes a bit scared.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Would you like one of us to have a word with your wife? :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb

Put your speedos back on man!
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    The only bat I ever see swooping is when Stressbag sees some chocolate left out on the table.

Nice ride in this morning and will be a hot one on the way home this evening as its lurvely out there now. Had to sneak around this morning though as Stropteen is off on study leave before GCSE's start next week and I was under orders not to wake her up early :roll:

I think they're bats. They're little, flap their wings really quickly, and they swoop after insects, and they go squuuuuuueeeee.

A week to go?! She needs to be out of her pit, cramming, not lazing around. Or was that just me?!
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

I think they're bats. They're little, flap their wings really quickly, and they swoop after insects, and they go squuuuuuueeeee.

A week to go?! She needs to be out of her pit, cramming, not lazing around. Or was that just me?!
    Strifey was waking her up at 8am to cram. I was sneaking around at 6.20.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:

Put your speedos back on man!

But he’s wearing his hair shorts. speedos would look weird.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

She’s a burd - she’ll have all the revision stuff under control. Blokes are intently lazy which is why we need to cram.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

She’s a burd - she’ll have all the revision stuff under control. Blokes are intently lazy which is why we need to cram.
    Spot on, she is a girly swot - fortunately for me. Doesn't stop Stressbag cracking the whip on revision though.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    ...Blokes are intently lazy which is why we need to cram.

tosh, you've been got at or are delirious due to insufficient raw meat

blokes are hunters, sleek machines, optimised for the chase, the kill

therefore we minimise unnecessary energy expenditure, only at the very last moment do we commit to the objective and nail it

the tabby has confirmed this to me
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    edited May 2018
    sungod wrote:
    ...Blokes are intently lazy which is why we need to cram.

tosh, you've been got at or are delirious due to insufficient raw meat

blokes are hunters, sleek machines, optimised for the chase, the kill

therefore we minimise unnecessary energy expenditure, only at the very last moment do we commit to the objective and nail it

the tabby has confirmed this to me
    Have you tried explaining this to Mrs. SG ?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Yeah, tonight’s jobs were washing a couple of bikes and then playing in the woods on the full sus - so much fun