Which Bike for Greece

peterrsv2
peterrsv2 Posts: 5
edited May 2018 in Road general
Hi all I’m going to Kefalonia in a few weeks for a family holiday. I’m taking a bike with me to get in a few rides but I’m unsure what to take I have an Giant Propel with carbon tubs , a cyclocross bike with discs and a alloy Planet X rt58. Has anyone been there know any good rides any suggestions which to take etc.

Comments

• zefs
    zefs Posts: 484
    Either the cyclocross or the alloy bike since there are some rough roads there. I'd say the cx one if you are using wide tires.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Roads are lovely there and it's a small island you can get around easily.

Depending what wheels you have and what type of rider you are I'd take the propel or p-x. Yes some roads are bad but it's hardly a post apocalyptic wasteland.
  • peterrsv2
    Yep cheers I think I’ll take the Propel I’ve been to kefalonia before 12yrs ago but rode there on my Aprillia motorbike . I just wondered if anyone has been recently I seem to remember the road to the mountain was gravel ?.
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Get the Michelin endurance tyres or schwalbe durano instead of the latex and you'll be fine. Plus go wide! Ha
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Propel

Why go on holiday and take anything apart from n1? You may as well get a date with Beca and take out Fat Amy instead.

MF reckons this is a dumb ass question.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • peterrsv2
    Who said amy is fat she’s just different
  • trekvet
    trekvet Posts: 223
    Bike on a family holiday?? What with all the risks transporting a bike, leaving the family sitting, be much easier take your trainers and get some runs in.
    The Wife complained for months about the empty pot of bike oil on the hall stand; so I replaced it with a full one.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    TrekVet wrote:
    Bike on a family holiday?? What with all the risks transporting a bike, leaving the family sitting, be much easier take your trainers and get some runs in.

MF says that this is a silly post.

Take the bike. You’ll only regret it if you don’t and running is stupid anyway.

MF says that not enough people listen to Smithy.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Just hire something when you get there, it will take you some time to get use to the heat anyway I expect.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles