Deda stem/handlebars bolts from FSA

canoas
canoas Posts: 307
edited May 2018 in Workshop
I have zero 100 deda handlebars and stem, these bolts have rusted over winter. I have some titanium bolts from an FSA handlebar and stem. Does anyone know if there is a standardisation for bolts, i.e - can I use the same FSA bolts for Deda cockpit, they look the same length to me but need to measure. Or do these companies use different threads?

Comments

• pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    Probably the same, but just hold them side by side to compare. Length maybe different but threads will be metric, so if the diameter is the same the thread will be the same. Only other issue is head shape - these can differ and one might not fit into the recess in your stem/ bar clamp. Local engineering supplies place is the place to get them, I get stainless ones and they caharge peanuts compared to bike shops which add a premium!

PP
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    threads on both will be metric

assuming length is ok, just measure the diameter to see if they are the same, otherwise try screwing in just with fingers, if it feels right, it's right

use some antiseize on the threads to reduce the chance of galvanic corrosion (ti/al is even more likely to suffer this than steel/al)
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny