edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

do stuff, ride, cafe, shop, laze

nice of the tabby to send sun
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    'Morning, a lovely start to the day here at Redworth, the job finishes on Tuesday let’s hope the weather holds out, we have found a local that serves cracking food and ale so we will be there after work
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Long run this morning, so roped in a mate for the 2nd half.

Then it’s chainsaw fun followed by a play on mountain bikes with some mates then back to one of theirs for a bbq - I love this weather
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun is shining, gorgeous day. MF has a cracking cough so is taking Bambina sailing. MF says pip pip tally ho pirates a long board!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    Last nights garlic prawn curry with added chillis has started having the expected effect on me this morning. The wine, Cobra, JD and Irish coffee it was washed down with probably didn't help either. Bog roll on standby in the fridge.

Later will be random bits n pieces and getting the garden furniture out of the shed. Maybe a run later on when it cools down a bit.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Legs now a bit sore after all the pedalling so may just lounge around in the sun and do some fettling as a few creaks need addressing.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed. Later will be fettling, lunch at the ‘rents and fixing stuff for them then home for more fettling. I also have creaks but I’m not sure if they’re the bike or me.
    Need to buy a big sheet of mdf to make a frame jig.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Out on bike first thing, going quite well even if I say so myself. Rode up a couple of lumps in the big ring which is not normally the case. Maybe the 8 week block of turbo training has done some good.
    Later will be more Tour of Yorkshire watching if I can avoid get dragged into gardening type things.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    a few laps to check i put bike back together ok, followed by lazing outside cafe in the sun for a while, joined by two lovelies as sunny tables were scarce :)

really do need to arrange another holiday, to fill in the gap between now and the next one

also must get some chilis
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Tried a walk this morning along nearby deserted beach, but the wind had other ideas. Went to lunch instead. Got cool and cloudy this afternoon so came home and lit a fire to drink by.

Leaving for the airport at 4.30am tomorrow, so an early night beckons.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Sun and beer. All is good in HDland.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Feck chainsaw trousers are ferkin warm
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,608
    First proper ride out in 5 weeks or more, courtesy another feckin' virus. Legs still heavy as heavy things but some power there, fared better than I had feared, even if kept getting dropped by Mrs O on the flat, but put her to the sword on the upslopes. And a short sleeved top - I like this sunshine thing that has happened.

Beer time.
  • veronese68
    What a stupid thing to make trousers out of, presumably you can’t wear them with the saws running. Good day for shorts I reckon.
    Failed to fix the dishwasher at the ‘rents place. Need to investigate further.
    Bit of pottering in the garage followed by beer sounds good to me.
  • Matthewfalle
    MF has picked up some cracking sun tan lines today. He's back home and about to move the woodpile out of the garage.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    90 miles, 4 ice cream stops. The last 20 home were tough - headwind and uphill not helped by all that ice cream. Pooped now.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Saw quite a few people out riding today in thick winter coats! I got home a nice shade of lobster red.
  • shirley_basso
    Fettled the bikes. They better be silent now
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Me cut grass me. Most of the day. Bollox.

Fog lifted and the sun came out!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,160
    TLW1 wrote:
    Surely up your end of the world you just do chainsawing naked, or maybe wearing a leather mask?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Managed to avoid too much gardening. As we ended up watching the local 10K running thing that came past the house, however it appears to be a thing round here with big posh car owners that owning one makes you go blind and you can’t read the road closed signs. The marshal at the end of the road had his work cut out especially when the local tractor run got it self lost and turned up on the course.
    Now is drinking wine.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Surely up your end of the world you just do chainsawing naked, or maybe wearing a leather mask?
    Yesterday was naked gardening day.
    Been fettling in the garage. Sorted rattle on pub hack, was nice to the EPO’s hack and then started on the Chesini frame. Ground the nuts off the rear dropouts that had been welded on. Looks like Campagnolo dropouts but can only see the odd letter as there are grooves milled into them. The screws for wheel alignment are both bent, but at least they’re there. Removed the bottom bracket as it was a bit graunchy and looked at the headset as might replace the Tange one with Campag. Now food and beer.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Junior parkrun with mini. Burger lunch with mini.

New chainset/chain/cassette on bike. Thorough clean of rest of bike. Still ignoring my derailleur cable, seeing as how it still works. I will pop in on V68 one evening with beerz and cablez.

Ready for 135 flat km to Henley and back in the sun tomorrow with the husband of one of Mrs H3's chums. He has 5 bikes, dunno if he's quick/fit or not though. We will soon find out, I'll put a little dig in up the first little bump we come to, see if he can hang on.

Mrs H3 is chundering like she's eaten something bad. I actually feel quite sorry for her. She says I can still ride tomorrow, but I'm taking that with a bit of a pinch of salt.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Webboo wrote:
    however it appears to be a thing round here with big posh car owners that owning one makes you go blind and you can’t read the road closed signs.
    I think not following signs or paying attention is just standard now.
    We had a car driving down a closed roads 10k, no idea how he got onto the course, and despite 2000 runners coming straight at him he wouldn't pull over.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...with the husband of one of Mrs H3's chums. He has 5 bikes, dunno if he's quick/fit or not though. We will soon find out, I'll put a little dig in up the first little bump we come to, see if he can hang on.

...and of he sails right by you on his flea bay £10 Peugeot whilst whistling a tune after the 'dig', then what will you do?
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    ...with the husband of one of Mrs H3's chums. He has 5 bikes, dunno if he's quick/fit or not though. We will soon find out, I'll put a little dig in up the first little bump we come to, see if he can hang on.

...and of he sails right by you on his flea bay £10 Peugeot whilst whistling a tune after the 'dig', then what will you do?

He works for a hedge fund, if he's on a 10 quid Peugeot, I'll be shyyting it that I'm going to be dragged round at 40 kph. However, I expect his cassette will cost more than my groupset, and that I'll be offering wind break duties all morning.
  • shirley_basso
    I rode with a partner at a hedge fund and like you say, his cassette cost more than my groupset.

He did wind buffering duties while I tried to whimper quietly.
  • hopkinb
    I rode with a partner at a hedge fund and like you say, his cassette cost more than my groupset.

Dammit. Maybe it'll hurt tomorrow.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

Dammit. Maybe it'll hurt tomorrow.

Let him go in front. Simples innit.
  • Matthewfalle
    MF has been watching Pitch Perfect whilst drinking white wine washed down by cough mixture all night.

Sheer bliss. He is a very happy man.

PP2 is on Friday and he can't wait. It's gonna rock.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.