'ning

laziness, all is laziness

may get more beer
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Shoot sleep despite Apple and grape juice

Today is a long ride on the best bike with a new group and then off to see my grandparents.

Later is the local with friends
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    MF misread his watch and completed his ablutions an hour early.

He's now sitting here twiddling his thumbs because he has nothing to do.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, a nice morning here I’ve just managed a 12 mile ride, breakfast next, then a 12 hour shift .
    Have a good weekend
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Extraordinarily sunny here but legs a bit pooped after 3 50 mile days back to back. May go for a gentle pootle to get the tan lines up to scratch.

Wife has requested some housework to be achieved. pah
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Breakfast on the patio this morning, looks like it might warm once the haze has burnt off. Not too sure what the day ahead holds other than a walk down town to watch the tour pass by.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Tennis with mini, trip over to Leytonstone to see the in-laws, enjoy the sunshine, come home, get the bike up on the workstand, shake my head, suck my teeth a bit, procrastination. Maybe a look at the Giro later.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Lovely sunny day out there but I’m lazing with a cup of tea. Might go for a pootle to look at some old motors shortly.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Still painting. Drop wife off with girls later and go for a warm sunny ride!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    May go for a gentle pootle to get the tan lines up to scratch.
    My thoughts exactly. Sun wasn't too strong first thing but there were fewer midges and cars about.

Going to try and get a haircuit, hopefully all the kids have gone away for the weekend or are drinking in the park. Lots of weeds in the garden that need poisoning later.

I think I need to plan a bike ride to the seaside for an ice cream tomorrow.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,167
    Down at Waitrose appreciating the free coffee and Saturday girls. Not sure about order of play for this afternoon but it's beer n curry out in town this evening.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • shirley_basso
    So after mostly exploring A roads and busy B roads, I have finally worked out where is nice in Cambridgeshire and basically it's to stay south.

Gentle pootle turned out a bit faster than I had expected but bloody beautiful out there. Traces of tan lines showing.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,435
    plumped in a comfy chair in the arecife airport sala vip enjoying the schadenfreude as they bounce other ba pax trying to get in - i suspect ba are too tight to buy access - i'm alright jack i got priority pass

trying many tapas and sipping bubbly, opening second (mini) bottle

the sun has been switched on in the uk to warm it up for my return, a favour from the tabby
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Sun is lovely over here. Rode down to Brooklands along the Thames then the Wey thinking I should be able to get all the way there without using roads. Succeeded but wish I’d taken the cross bike rather than the pub hack. Had to negotiate 4 flights of steps, 2 stiles and cross 2 railways in the last couple of miles. Skipped that bit and used roads on the way back so it was much quicker.
    Today is naked gardening day, but I didn’t see anyone gardening in the buff. Might go for a beer now to replenish lost fluids.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Need beers to replenish - today’s ride was loverly and friendly on the way out and then intervals on the way back, legs are hurting
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Succeeded but wish I’d taken the cross bike rather than the pub hack. Had to negotiate 4 flights of steps, 2 stiles and cross 2 railways in the last couple of miles.
    Sounds like a typical cycle path tbh

Weeds dying but no haircuit, kids getting a trim before they go drinking. Went to the cafe next door instead.

Bike rack finally put back together. The new stainless bolts needed more threads putting on them so an excuse to get the dies out and do some proper work. Then realised I didn't need all those threads anyway because I'd forgotten to put a spacer on.
    Looks good....from a distance anyway.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    So after mostly exploring A roads and busy B roads, I have finally worked out where is nice in Cambridgeshire and basically it's to stay south.

So you moved there recently? Stayed in Cambridge a while me. Brother got married there. I worked for a plumbing supply suppliers on the industrial estate called Sankey MCP in my yoof one summer. Lived at Bailey Mews.

Me worked again me.

Foggy all day.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • shirley_basso
    Pinno wrote:

So you moved there recently? Stayed in Cambridge a while me. Brother got married there. I worked for a plumbing supply suppliers on the industrial estate called Sankey MCP in my yoof one summer. Lived at Bailey Mews.

Me worked again me.

Foggy all day.

Rick chasey and I so it seems. I've bin ere a month