thursday roadrunner once, roadrunner twice

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

after yesterday's donut-powered climbs, lazy today i think, ride, shop, bask

i see reports that the uk will warm up over the weekend, still looks a bit nippy though
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, it needs to warm up the longest day is looming, working again and over the bank holiday weekend , bike ride later
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    My head hurts. Woken early as wifey was out early working a polling station. Looks sunny out but rather chilly, supposed to be warmer this afternoon. Cold air might help clear my head I guess.
    Good night was had but sickly pal is not doing very well. Now has tumours in his spine so is in a lot of pain in spite of horse tranquillisers. Good to see him out and he enjoyed it at least.
    Anyway, enough of that, have a good day folks,
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Working locally as car is having new brakes, meant I’ve had time to go for a run with the puppy

Later is undecided
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Busy trying to get as much stuff done as I can before holiday next week, also trying to remember all the stuff I have forgotten to pack for touring. Still can't find my hip flask.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Summer appears to be back. First will be a walk to the clock shop to pick up repaired clock,then a proper walk later.
    8 weeks post op today, I think a bike ride might be on the cards in the next day or three.
  • haydenm
    Webboo wrote:
    8 weeks post op today, I think a bike ride might be on the cards in the next day or three.

I was going to make a joke about lady parts but I feel this maybe insensitive as I don't know what sort of op you had...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Sunny day here, I might bunk off early and paint some skirting boards.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Living the dream, eh?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Living the dream, eh?

Rock n roll baby, rock n roll.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    Busy trying to get as much stuff done as I can before holiday next week, also trying to remember all the stuff I have forgotten to pack for touring. Still can't find my hip flask.

Just take a 2 litre plastic Panda Cola bottle instead. Fill it with liquor of choice.

Job jobbed.

Simples innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    HaydenM wrote:

Just take a 2 litre plastic Panda Cola bottle instead. Fill it with liquor of choice.

Job jobbed.

Simples innit.

Well we are going to the Hebrides and Skye, 2L of Talisker will cost me a bloody fortune in the visitor shop...
  • veronese68
    Afternoon folks,
    Quite a pleasant ride in, bit fresh though. Made it through the morning so rewarded myself with a trip to the cafe to feed the hangover. Headache is better, but I really could do with a kip about now.
  • Matthewfalle
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Job jobbed.

Simples innit.

Well we are going to the Hebrides and Skye, 2L of Talisker will cost me a bloody fortune in the visitor shop...

But it will be worth it.

If the cost is an issue then just stock up on Buckie.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looks sunny out for the ride home. No idea what is for dinner.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    does the new place have secure bike store, showers etc.?

gentle ride to start, crepe azucar y limon at the marina, lazed, listened to dr alimantado and the rebels, then other stuff
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    Living the dream, eh?

Rock n roll baby, rock n roll.

Indeed, I've also got to go to parents evening. Surely an email would suffice rather than queuing for an age in a corridor to be told he needs to stop talking as much.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:

Yep, made sure in my final interview. I get free membership of a gym with a pool in the basement. Commute is approx. 400m shorter than currently, which will probably knock 5 mins off the time taken, as the last 400m is a mess of shared paths and traffic lights.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Looks sunny out for the ride home. No idea what is for dinner.
    Glorious ride home, lots of people in Bushy Park so I ‘had’ to take it easy. Granted the state I’m in I had no choice. Stopped to see the Mrs at her polling station, she was rather bored as it’s been very quiet. Coming into Kingston saw a chap on a ridiculously flash Cervelo TT bike complete with disc wheel, considered turning myself inside out to give chase for a moment. Realised how stupid I would look if I tried so carried on my bimble. I’ve got to sort dinner for daughter and I so a stop at the chippy when I go to vote seems in order.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    hopkinb wrote:
    sungod wrote:

Yep, made sure in my final interview. I get free membership of a gym with a pool in the basement. Commute is approx. 400m shorter than currently, which will probably knock 5 mins off the time taken, as the last 400m is a mess of shared paths and traffic lights.
    Sounds like its official congratulations time Mr. H. Just out of interest, would have been looking if I hadn't dropped you a line about the job at my place?

Anyway, busy day here it not interesting, and just off out for a beer or two as its Thursday, a bit like Veronese's Wednesday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    If the cost is an issue then just stock up on Buckie.

It's about quadrupled in price overnight.
    Webboo wrote:
    First will be a walk to the clock shop to pick up repaired clock,then a proper walk later.

Make sure you don't walk into the wrong shop.

Now Hoppy has got himself a new job, does that mean his post are going to be less boring?

Me did work on PPP me. Getting there as they say.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Pinno wrote:
    ...Now Hoppy has got himself a new job, does that mean his post are going to be less boring? ...
    Well, compared to the drivel you, me, Stevo, MF and V68 post here, Hoppy probably rates as erudite and urbane...
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    ...Now Hoppy has got himself a new job, does that mean his post are going to be less boring? ...
    Well, compared to the drivel you, me, Stevo, MF and V68 post here, Hoppy probably rates as erudite and urbane...
    Why thank you Spinner! Though I note the comparative. :D
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Why thank you Spinner! Though I note the comparative. :D
    In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king. Just don't ask what made us go blind. :lol:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Pinno wrote:
    Webboo wrote:
    First will be a walk to the clock shop to pick up repaired clock,then a proper walk later.

Make sure you don't walk into the wrong shop.
    Well the clock wasn’t ready but they did offer a few dozen local antique bottles as a job lot. So maybe it’s now a bottle shop.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

MF? Drivel?

Never. That man is a genius. Biggly so.

Smithy said so it must be right.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stop using fancy words, they're confusing us.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

Urbane? Does that mean he lives above a shop?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I prefer not to ask what erudite means. Until now I thought it was a brand of glue.
  • Matthewfalle
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I prefer not to ask what erudite means. Until now I thought it was a brand of glue.

I thought it was when you couldn't get a stiffy like the fat lad from the Full Monty?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

I'm sure I had that once. Then I rubbed Beetroot on it.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!