edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

ride far, eat much, laze

why is it so cold in the uk? you should complain you know
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, Sg you need to bring some of that sunshine home with you, working again swimming and sauna later
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Hybrid commute and later is finish mowing the lawns - such excitement
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    it could still be warmer here, bit nippy first thing, not sure there's any to spare

sky behind the volcanoes is lightening, another 30 mins or so should be about right for start
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Sun and blue sky from beyond the window so I am going to go out on my bicycle for a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Sun blaring through the velux. Cold though. Not sure what to wear.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Sun blaring through the velux. Cold though. Not sure what to wear.

Speedos and a billiard ball.

Job jobbed.

And if that doesn’t secure you the new job I don’t know what will

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • ^^
    Put the heating on, stay on the house in your underpants
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Nice and sunny, although the missus had to defrost her windscreen this morning. Yesterday’s physio went well, still progressing slowly. Which is more than can be said for the car, first time I drive it in 7 weeks and it breaks.
    So today will be a walk followed by a limp like drive to the garage.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Like webbo, clear blue skies, chilly, scraping frost off the cars this morning.
    Now I've survived the cycle from the car to the office, it's gone pretty dull and cloudy.

Club TT later, won't be any PBs from me.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Morning folks,
    Chilly out there this morning, lovely and sunny but frosty. Had to drive in as I need to collect the Mrs and a load of boxes from her work later. Had ice on the windscreen of the car which caused great hardship as I pushed the heated screen button and waited a few seconds whilst putting my sunglasses on. Tomorrow more driving as I have to MOT the Mini, but Thursday I will ride.
    I appear to have bought another bicycle, whoops. Seemed cheap for what it was though and I can pinch some of the bits off it for the Chesini. Mirage bits on it and Record hubs with Mavic GP4 rims (never had tubs before) but shifters are Shimano unfortunately.
    s-l1600.jpg
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

ride far, eat much, laze

Sternly worded letter to my MP should suffice.

No frost just cold an bright here. Drove in again as apparently I have deliveries though I very much doubt that.

V68, I do like that bike shame its a bit of a mish mash though.
  • Matthewfalle
    is it just me or does George Ezrah's (sic) "Paradise" that local radio djs are raving about sound like a poor man's cover version of something that Right Said Fred would have done 25 years ago?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Morning folks,
    Chilly out there this morning, lovely and sunny but frosty. Had to drive in as I need to collect the Mrs and a load of boxes from her work later. Had ice on the windscreen of the car which caused great hardship as I pushed the heated screen button and waited a few seconds whilst putting my sunglasses on. Tomorrow more driving as I have to MOT the Mini, but Thursday I will ride.
    I appear to have bought another bicycle, whoops. Seemed cheap for what it was though and I can pinch some of the bits off it for the Chesini. Mirage bits on it and Record hubs with Mavic GP4 rims (never had tubs before) but shifters are Shimano unfortunately.
    s-l1600.jpg

sweeet as. hat.

tape for tubs. tan walls on that - Giro will do the job perfect.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    is it just me or does George Ezrah's (sic) "Paradise" that local radio djs are raving about sound like a poor man's cover version of something that Right Said Fred would have done 25 years ago?

I gave up on the radio a long time ago, all to much crap an shouting for my liking. Radio 2 is about my limit an that goes off most of the time in favour of spotify.
  • tlw1
    Step83 wrote:

I gave up on the radio a long time ago, all to much crap an shouting for my liking. Radio 2 is about my limit an that goes off most of the time in favour of spotify.
    Radio x - down with the kids, ok 40yr olds
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Has Xfm rebranded? Used to listen to that a few years back. Don't get to listen to the radio much, but if I do it's 6 Music.
  • tlw1
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Has Xfm rebranded? Used to listen to that a few years back. Don't get to listen to the radio much, but if I do it's 6 Music.
    Yes, 6 music when the wife is in the car, absolute for frank skinner on a Saturday morning
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,164
    sungod wrote:
    Brexit of course. We're not allowed to access continental weather any more.

Good pedal in due to aforementioned weather. Now stuffing my face to make up the calorie deficit. I suppose I should check my bank account sometime to see if they've paid me the extra I was promised after their balls up on the new job front.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,977
    Highlight of the day was ordering some brake pads off the internetz
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Seems the local council missed some potholes, I found some other images on the web, not at all pretty

https://www.miltonkeynes.co.uk/news/gra ... -1-8482396

Knowing the stretch of road I'm not surprised to be honest that ends in a terrible state an its actually worse further along going toward Mursley.
  • Matthewfalle
    TLW1 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Yes, 6 music when the wife is in the car, absolute for frank skinner on a Saturday morning

I discovered Absolute last weekend - its really good.

I have to internet stream it here and every 5 mins or so it goes silent for about 10 seconds - is this the Russians listening in or something else? Does anyone know how I can stop it?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    I have to internet stream it here and every 5 mins or so it goes silent for about 10 seconds - is this the Russians listening in or something else? Does anyone know how I can stop it?
    Move out of the third world and to a civilised country where you can pick it up on fm or have better internet speeds. Assuming you're in Wales at the moment.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Move out of the third world and to a civilised country where you can pick it up on fm or have better internet speeds. Assuming you're in Wales at the moment.

but that would mean leaving God's own country!

Can i get it on MW?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    maybe not a dedicated internet link that you have, and/or the software you are using isn't designed to build/manage a decent buffer

try different software, if that fails kill everyone else using your internet, not necessary to do it in that order
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    maybe not a dedicated internet link that you have, and/or the software you are using isn't designed to build/manage a decent buffer

try different software, if that fails kill everyone else using your internet, not necessary to do it in that order

can i just lock all other household occupants (TDV, bambini, hound) in a cupboard and smash their devices with a hammer?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    sungod wrote:

can i just lock all other household occupants (TDV, bambini, hound) in a cupboard and smash their devices with a hammer?
    Only if you throw it over the fence afterwards
  • Matthewfalle
    naturally. avec fire :)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1