monday martial law has been declared, antirevolutionaries shall be purged, pineapple for all

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited May 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

i foresee a gentle ride followed by much laziness, and cafes
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Local branch today so I get to commute on tired legs
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, has winter returned ?, another 12 hour shift looms
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Wet cold grey. Morale removed.

Actually struggling to get any motivation to function today.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning
    Not looking great out. However I get to drive to the physio today rather than having to go on the bus. I can now lift my repaired arm above my head all on its own, so things are looking good. Later will be a trip to the library and the turbo.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    Fook me it's grim out there. Had to get my winter coat out for the walk to the car. Decided it was not a good day for riding in, cold, wet and windy so I was very glad to have the car option. Customers started phoning far too early this morning, haven't they got better things to do?
    Need to go to the wilds of Raynes Park at some point this week to pick up my first purchase for the bamboo bike build, a pair of saw horses off the Bay.
    Good news Webboo.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 7,976
    It's cold, very very cold.

Rode a decent 50 miler on Sunday so legs are feeling today. Might be tempted to get back in to running again as I'm feeling sluggish at the moment.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Orkneylad
    Orkneylad Posts: 104
    Sun is shining, a barmy 8C and light winds.......work can wait!

Oh the joys of being freelance.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Recovery week, yippeee, legs very achey. may turbo tomorrow.
  • Matthewfalle
    Phil485 wrote:

Recovery week

:)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Cold very cold, dull Monday in the office no balcony action of risk of in the near future. drove in as I have some parcels to collect, or rather was meant to said deliveries haven't arrived which is a bit annoying. Was also meant to rain but ive seen no hint of that as yet just cold an windy.

Did I mention its cold? Its May tomorrow is and its colder than I can recall for a number of years
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    Phil485 wrote:

Recovery week

Only 390TSS planned rather than the 750 or so that I've done the last 4. Positive holiday :)
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    drove in as I have some parcels to collect
    Good job I drove in, just found a case of wine with my name on it in with some customers returns. Didn't notice it on Friday as I was preoccupied by my bike frame that was in there.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Good job I drove in, just found a case of wine with my name on it in with some customers returns. Didn't notice it on Friday as I was preoccupied by my bike frame that was in there.

Always a nice surprise on a Monday!
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Decided at 6am this morning I fancied a riding the big bike around cwmcarn. Currently on the train home, which is late because the driver hadn't finished his pie.

Chilly wind, but otherwise hot and sunny.
  • Matthewfalle
    edited April 2018
    Phil485 wrote:
    Phil485 wrote:

Recovery week

Only 390TSS planned rather than the 750 or so that I've done the last 4. Positive holiday :)

yes. This. whatever it means.

PRO

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

coolio - i'll be round with pork scratchings in 30 minutes.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,158
    Step83 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Always a nice surprise on a Monday!
    Nice surprise on any day I reckon.

Met the solicitors about next steps dealing with next doors chav infestation. Then an afternoon of work meh. Glad I wasn't riding today.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Thought I posted, obviously didn't. Wet and headwindy ride in, spot of faffing, spot of work, hopefully over the line with this new job after 3rd interview. Confirmed bike space available. Cold headwind on the way home as well, which was disappointing. Sunny tomorrow though and hopefully will be seeing if I can get made redundant on the cheap. What larks!
  • Evenin’ All.
    Late check in. Went to the docs for me hay fever medicine, we had a wee chuckle as we watched everyone shuffle by in parkas. Dr has huge hay fever probs, so nice to have a chat about something normal. In the meantime she took my blood pressure and as I had consumed some alcohol this weekend it wasn’t as scary as it could have been.
    Might go along for some Morris dancing tomorrow as it is Beltane. No virgins will be sacrificed as they are in very short supply around here. I blame Brexit, we could always get them before.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Thought I posted, obviously didn't. Wet and headwindy ride in, spot of faffing, spot of work, hopefully over the line with this new job after 3rd interview. Confirmed bike space available. Cold headwind on the way home as well, which was disappointing. Sunny tomorrow though and hopefully will be seeing if I can get made redundant on the cheap. What larks!
    Wahey, let us know if you get it (the job, that is) :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Phil485 wrote:

Recovery week

It's a good idea.

Me did tiling me. Then more tomorrow...

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • pinno
    Oh, did I tell you that it was wall to wall blue sky and a light breeze here?
  • Matthewfalle
    Bizarrely enough, I came home today to find that TDV had given my chest freezer away.

I only noticed because I went in the garage to find n1 bike lying on the floor in the space where it used to be,

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Bizarrely enough, I came home today to find that TDV had given my chest freezer away.

I only noticed because I went in the garage to find n1 bike lying on the floor in the space where it used to be,

Room for another bike? She has done you a favour.
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What Stevo really wants to know is, does the job come with minions and if so, how many?
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

What Stevo really wants to know is, does the job come with minions and if so, how many?
    Yeah, I fancy a 'minion waving' contest :)
  • hopkinb
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah, I fancy a 'minion waving' contest :)

:D

There are minions, although I will have to hire them first. I believe 3 of them will be required for now in the UK.
  • Matthewfalle
    did you get it? the job that is.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    I believe so, but not had a formal offer yet. It seems that we may be some distance apart in terms of pay and rations.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    I believe so, but not had a formal offer yet. It seems that we may be some distance apart in terms of pay and rations.
    They want to overpay you?