sunday all is illusion

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,432
edited April 2018 in The bottom bracket
'ning

barring surprises, long ride up to do the hairpins of haria both ways, much snacking will be needed, followed by lazing
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, bloody cold up North this morning, working all day again, sauna and swim later
    Have a good day
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Managed a decent walk with mutt before the rain and then whilst raining we cleared the carnage from last nights dinner party, where three guests turned into six with kids. Need to restock the wine and beer fridges now.

Another walk before a pig based breakfast and then prepare the bike for another race.

Later is the local
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,249
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been had. Going out for lunch later with the ‘rents, younger sister and her husband. You don’t want pictures trust me. Later will be lounging due to being incapacitated by the volume of food and drink.
    Been doing more research on stuff for bike builds. Thinking Campag Nuova Record for old frame. Need to educate myself more on old Campag. Thinking about 1x and hydraulic discs for bamboo. But that pushes me towards Sram which uses DOT fluid, everything else is on mineral. Should I buy a discounted Ultegra set up from Merlin?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,551
    Top day. Sunshine, serenity, a bit of light DIY entertainment and some power-tool based gardening. Red wine and a spag bol for dinner.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,151
    Spot of car cleaning and maintenance here, then maybe doing some badly needed exercise later on. Going back onto the normal communting routine this week so hopefully can shed a bit of lard and get half way fit again.

Just need some food now, those mini pork pies I got from Waitrose only kept me going for so long.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Afternoon
    Slow start to day however walk walked, so not a lot else on the cards apart from food and wine. I was planning on watching the Cycling but it appears to have finished already.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thinking about 1x and hydraulic discs for bamboo. But that pushes me towards Sram which uses DOT fluid, everything else is on mineral. Should I buy a discounted Ultegra set up from Merlin?

How often do you bleed a hydro brake system though? Mines coming up to 2.5 years, not needed a bleed, and that's with a lot of commute km, where brakes are used often.

Afternoon all. First ever junior parkrun for mini, with 6 of her friends, followed by coffee for the dads, and playground for the kids.

Lamb for dinner later, always a good thing in my book.

Really not looking forward to the hissing rain, howling northerly and negative windchill temperatures for tomorrow's commute. Luckily I hadn't packed away the winter kit.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Race also completed and also lapped :(
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,432
    brutal headwind for first 60km, which also was mostly uphill, fuelled by coke and cakes, 60k back was much faster

3000kcal burned, got back, stuffed my face then slumped on the sunbed, feeling lethargic, more curry later

think tomorrow will be lazy
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Little walk earlier and then boozy dinner with friends. Mrs BBGeek talking about moving house, hope this is a passing fad.
    Day off tomorrow for admin tasks and clean some bikes for sale. Might flog the lot and start again, but I do love my Pompetamine :|
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • veronese68
    TLW1 wrote:
    Race also completed and also lapped :(
    Should have had a stiff drink before the off, or a couple of lines of coke like SG.
    At least I think that’s what he meant.
  • veronese68
    Good point about the brakes Hopper, might have to steal yours and try it as I’ve never ridden Sram.
    Great afternoon was had, late lunch in my favourite Italian restaurant. Makes me laugh that the pizza express next door is always full when there are much better pizzas and loads more in this place. Very telling that it was full of Italians. Lunch was followed by a cafe corretto and that was followed by another free grappa that I probably didn’t need, still it helped with the digestion. Then came home for some of my mother’s tiramisu, delicious.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Morning

Hauled my arse out of bed early to go on that reliability ride race thing only to get there an hour early because I'd not read the instructions. Had the route so chucked them some money and went off early on my own, was lovely. Nobody lapped me, or passed me :D bit chilly out, and a bstrd northerly headwind for the last 20 miles.

Went to see the Avengers film, bit of an odd ending, loads of kids crying at the end. It was all allocated seating because it was busy and we were sat near the wall, but the 4 next to us didn't show up :roll:

More paint on the bike rack.

Day off tomorrow woohoo.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Thinking Campag Nuova Record for old frame.

Croce d'aune?

Pompetamine: Planet x heap of soul less junk? You won't miss it.

Me did a half day shift me.

Tiling bathroom all this week.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • veronese68
    Pinno wrote:
    Croce d'aune?
    Same to you with brass knobs on.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,195
    Veronese68 wrote: