Has anyone else experienced this?

Frank the tank
Frank the tank Posts: 6,553
On some occasions after a long ride 70+ miles I would guess when I get home and go for a wee it's excruciatingly painful as in it feels like a water infection (stinging like fook). This wears off once I have hydrated properly. I just wondered if anyone else has had this happen to them.
Tail end Charlie

The above post may contain traces of sarcasm or/and bullsh*t.

Comments

• STD
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Frank the tank
    I can deffo rule that out.
    Tail end Charlie

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Drink more when you ride or leave the sheep alone.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Could be that you’ve battered your urethra a bit by sitting on it for a couple of hours, and then you go p1ssing super concentrated urine because you’re dehydrated.

Drink more and try a saddle with a cutout
  • Frank the tank
    keef66 wrote:
    Could be that you’ve battered your urethra a bit by sitting on it for a couple of hours, and then you go p1ssing super concentrated urine because you’re dehydrated.

That has crossed my mind, but it's not every time I think the key is to drink more. But no one else has encountered this issue?
    Tail end Charlie

• webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Many, many years ago when I was younger and very foolish I decided to do an Ironman distance triathlon. One of my training days consisted of an 80 mile bike ride followed by a 20 mile run. I had bottles on the bike and more liquids before setting off on the run. I got the missus to meet me at 10 miles with a drink but given it was a hot day I still manage to pee blood when I finished due to the dehydration. Sorted with a course of antibiotics.
    So yes I have had it.
  • mamil314
    mamil314 Posts: 1,103
    I had it, it was dehydration.
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    keef66 wrote:

Bingo!
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • mattbass789
    mattbass789 Posts: 355
    Y'know this happened to me today for the first time...

I too would put it down to dehydration, as I'd been out for such an easy ride I didn't really get "thirsty" so I only had a few sips in 90 minutes. But it is quite a warm day and it was first thing before breakfast. So yeah, drink more.
    “If you worried about falling off the bike, you’d never get on.”

@mattbeedham