He's right you know.
  • rollemynot
    rollemynot Posts: 436
    Those pictures do not do justice... I hope
  • jollygiant
    jollygiant Posts: 117
    Nice.

Mine....
    22406533_10210663783885933_7192405351925781432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=e2d4081f3d07753b422ec92f17a15abc&oe=5B6B4A4F

Oh and a coffee!!
  • shirley_basso
    shirley_basso Posts: 6,195
    Wtf is going on with that shifter angle?

Also if your saddle is tilted that much forward, try levelling it, shifting it down and back and working on your core flexibility and you may find it more comfortable.
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    The red one looks horrifyingly set up. Maybe put the stand on the other side, too...
  • Always the problem with buying off the internet, you buy a bike that you think you want but in making it fit you it looks like a dogs dinner. And disc breaks on an Aeroad? Perlease.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • jollygiant
    jollygiant Posts: 117
    Before you start slaging anyones set-up you should take into a account what they ahem it set up like that.
    I have a bad back and that set up is perfect for me and I can manage 21-23mph avg with it too. The discs are much better than rim brakes as anyone knows.

The stand is a carbon drive side and its been designed to be used on the cassette and there is a non-dive side stand available too.
  • imposter2.0
    jollygiant wrote:
    Before you start slaging anyones set-up you should take into a account what they ahem it set up like that.
    I have a bad back and that set up is perfect for me and I can manage 21-23mph avg with it too.

Would need to see a pic of you on it, but by the sounds of it you have a fairly upright position, which is ironic for an 'aero' bike. Either way, I can't see how a saddle with that much forward tilt on it would not put any undue stress on your core or back area.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    both bikes....SWEEEEEET.
    :)
  • noodleman
    noodleman Posts: 852
    jollygiant wrote:
    I have a bad back and that set up is perfect for me and I can manage 21-23mph avg with it too.

Whoopee!
    argon 18 e116 2013 Vision Metron 80
    Bianchi Oltre XR Sram Red E-tap, Fulcrum racing speed xlr
    De Rosa SK pininfarina disc
    S Works Tarmac e-tap 2017
    Rose pro sl disc
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    *Got back issues
    *Buys Aeroad

No back issues will be helped by that saddle set up... and even if it did, you'll have a raw gooch and your wrists will ache because you're constantly pushing yourself back into the saddle.
  • shortfall
    shortfall Posts: 3,288
    Pnev wrote:
    *Got back issues
    *Buys Aeroad

No back issues will be helped by that saddle set up... and even if it did, you'll have a raw gooch and your wrists will ache because you're constantly pushing yourself back into the saddle.

Well it ain't pretty but I'm guessing the guy knows better than you or anybody else if its easier on his back than a conventional set up
  • pnev
    pnev Posts: 236
    I respectfully disagree, I know best
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Has a bad back and buys an aggressive aero bike and has it set up horrifically...
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • lakesluddite
    lakesluddite Posts: 1,337
    That's a nice set up Nickoo - stealth black not my cup of tea, but looks great anyway.

I'd love to try and set up an Aeroad with TT cockpit for triathlon, but my level of triathlon competence at the moment means a set of tri-bars on a normal road bike will have to suffice for now. Maybe or the first IronMan... :roll:
  • Nice , Are they really any faster than a regular road bike ? I’d like one if they brought the average up a bit
  • imposter2.0
    Nice , Are they really any faster than a regular road bike ? I’d like one if they brought the average up a bit

Depends on your setup - in case that wasn't clear from this discourse.. ;)

An aero position on a non-aero bike is still likely to be faster than a non-aero position on an aero bike, if that helps..
  • Imposter wrote:

An aero position on a non-aero bike is still likely to be faster than a non-aero position on an aero bike, if that helps..

:lol::lol::lol:
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Imposter wrote:
    Nice , Are they really any faster than a regular road bike ? I’d like one if they brought the average up a bit

Depends on your setup - in case that wasn't clear from this discourse.. ;)

What about with a skin suit and aero helmet to pick up a packet of woodbines in mr Patelles cost cutting Multimart ? Could I cut a minute off ?
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    Shortfall wrote:
    Pnev wrote:
    *Got back issues
    *Buys Aeroad

Well it ain't pretty but I'm guessing the guy knows better than you or anybody else if its easier on his back than a conventional set up

based on the whole picture, set up and comments I suspect he knows fark all. The bikes a mess
  • mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Shortfall wrote:
    Pnev wrote:
    *Got back issues
    *Buys Aeroad

based on the whole picture, set up and comments I suspect he knows fark all. The bikes a mess

It is amusing that he looks like he's blown £150 on a carbon stand to show off a bike that anybody who's been cycling for a while would laugh at. Oh well, it's not hurting anyone.
  • Vino'sGhost
    Vino'sGhost Posts: 4,129
    mfin wrote:
    Shortfall wrote:
    Pnev wrote:
    *Got back issues
    *Buys Aeroad

It is amusing that he looks like he's blown £150 on a carbon stand to show off a bike that anybody who's been cycling for a while would laugh at. Oh well, it's not hurting anyone.

The stands carbon :) Brilliant. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: