Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    Puppy walked now enduring sloppy porridge

Today is the joys of meetings with a long commute - not good

Later an old au-pair is visiting, so will take her to the local
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, work looming, and hopefully a ride after work it looks like it might be a decent day
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Morning fellas

Well, autumn is very much here so riding into work but will be leg warmers, perfetto and gilet, maybe even arm warmers.

Apart from that I expect it to be lots of panicking about stuff that doesn't need to be panicked about and stressing about stuff that doesn't need to be stressed about.

Catch ya in a bit.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Morning

Forecast is dire for today, went running instead out of desperation.

Probably some panicking and stressing here too, might go spinning after work if I get home early enough.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    On the train after a morning trip to the physio. Half day for me as I have a freebie business lunch and I'm not going back to the office afterwards :)

Must do some exercise this weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Morning.
    Clouding over nicely here ahead of today’s forecast rain. Cleaning the house is today’s early highlight, hopefully there will wine later.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks and happy damned fryday,
    More than a little moist out there, had to turn the light on in the kitchen this morning as there was not enough light coming through the window. Shame summer was so brief. Decided to drive in as I'm a lazy old git. Might have to take some stuff home with me as well so having the car could be useful. Was taken out to the movies last night by the family, nothing high brow but a good bit of fun. Today will involve a business lunch of going to the cafe with a couple of mates that also work here. Later will be a visit to the pub. The lad is off down to go drinking with some of his mates at uni, he's spending the next week continuing his travels by doing a crawl of student union bars around the country catching up with his mates. After that he really needs to start working, he's already got a couple of possibilities lined up so that's good.
    Where's my next cup of tea? A man could die of dehydration round here.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Quack quack quack,

Sorry voicing the inner duck with the weather this morrow.

Soggy as a, well cant say that can I!

Anyway drove in on account of new car and copious volumes of wet, turns out my brolly is actually hopeless so that went into the bin. Quiet day here tuning into Baku later purely work related of course.

V68, stick your head out the window you'll get hydrated!
  • veronese68
    Soggy as an otter's pocket Step? Tried sticking my head out the window but it was cold as well as wet, I prefer warm and moist.
    Tried again with the picture on yesterday's thread, also put a link to the frame. It's about as far from Italian exotica as is possible to get. :lol:
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Bright and sunny here. Just dropped the truck in for its last service under my ownership, they gave me a utility spec courtesy car with a metal grate canopy on the back. The dog looked quite confused, spent a bit of time poking his nose out while we set off then promptly poo'd himself and curled up in the corner when we got up to motorway speed...

Today will be spent trying to work out ~100 years of wayleave agreements for one of our new forests. They renew with every change of ownership and include new line extransions each time, some of these maps are on yellow paper and don't show any trees. So much for the sunshine
  • step83
    Nun and purse V68, an I did notice, certainly somewhat different to an Italian. Still they are meant to be rather comfortable to ride and certainly ticks the unique box.
    Will be looking forward to the literal build on this.

Brolly shopping is literally the dullest thing imaginable. Turns out the car has a brolly slot in the door so im googling 28cm umbrellas THRILLING!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Afternoon, not much on this way appart from planning a weekend of undercoat and satin based activities.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    Old Italian frame has just turned up. Good job I brought the car in :-)
    Needs tidying, but pleased with it for the price paid. Need to start sourcing bits for it now.
  • step83
    Details? Italian could be all sorts.
  • veronese68
    It's a Chesini frame. Chesini being a bike shop in Verona so used to see them all over the place when I was a kid. It's been stickered up as a Vianelli though, Vianelli being a bike shop in Brescia the next town towards Milan. Has Chesini stamped in the top of the seat stays and their logo on the fork crown and a C in the BB lugs so it's definitely a Chesini. Not a particularly fancy one as it only has a chrome chain stay, the fancier ones had chrome chain and seat stays. Can't do pictures from here, need to sort out a Flickr or imgur account later and stick some pictures up.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It's a Chesini frame. Chesini being a bike shop in Verona so used to see them all over the place when I was a kid. It's been stickered up as a Vianelli though, Vianelli being a bike shop in Brescia the next town towards Milan. Has Chesini stamped in the top of the seat stays and their logo on the fork crown and a C in the BB lugs so it's definitely a Chesini. Not a particularly fancy one as it only has a chrome chain stay, the fancier ones had chrome chain and seat stays. Can't do pictures from here, need to sort out a Flickr or imgur account later and stick some pictures of norks up whilst pretending to the wife that they are of a bicycle.

FTFY

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,520
    Veronese68 wrote:
    It's a Chesini frame. Chesini being a bike shop in Verona so used to see them all over the place when I was a kid. It's been stickered up as a Vianelli though, Vianelli being a bike shop in Brescia the next town towards Milan. Has Chesini stamped in the top of the seat stays and their logo on the fork crown and a C in the BB lugs so it's definitely a Chesini. Not a particularly fancy one as it only has a chrome chain stay, the fancier ones had chrome chain and seat stays. Can't do pictures from here, need to sort out a Flickr or imgur account later and stick some pictures up.

http://postimages.org/

don't even need an account
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    More than 200km week on the bike for the first time in a while. No chocolate or bad snacks. Feeling fitter slowly. Looking for 250km next week.

Second interview seemed to go well. Agent said feedback was "very positive", and third interview set up for Monday afternoon.

Steak and a decent bottle of red for tea.

Reasons to be cheerful. :D
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    More than 200km week on the bike for the first time in a while. No chocolate or bad snacks. Feeling fitter slowly. Looking for 250km next week.

Second interview seemed to go well. Agent said feedback was "very positive", and third interview set up for Monday afternoon.

Steak and a decent bottle of red for tea.

Top stuff

Top stuff

Top stuff

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjh1a9Yoao

(As an aside, this was one of TDV and my wedding songs as we reached the civic hall. Ah, bless.)

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Cheers Matty. :D:wink:

Good tune. We had N-joi's Anthem.

https://g.co/kgs/NbZsCV
  • crumbschief
    crumbschief Posts: 3,399
    hopkinb wrote:
    Cheers Matty. :D:wink:

Good tune. We had N-joi's Anthem.

https://g.co/kgs/NbZsCV

Top song.
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    All good stuff H³. Have you visited the singing bench Ian Dury memorial in Richmond Park?
    day8%2B012.JPG
    Wasn't working the last time I went, but that was years ago. Powered by solar panels in the arms with headphone sockets underneath. One side plays Reasons To Be Cheerful, the other side an interview with him. He used to be taken there by a chap I know in his latter years. He got to know him by supplying him with some herbal remedies, started going on stage to assist and wound up taking him out and looking after him a bit as a sort of companion and minder by all accounts. Now often doing the vocals for the Blockheads, doesn't live far from you either.