Wahoo Kickr Snap Issues

Owned the kickr snap for approx 18 months now and it's been working fine until the start of this year. At the start of the year I was having power dropout problems but after a spindown and an update from wahoo, it was all sorted again.

Having started my training again on Monday (had a couple weeks off with a chest infection), I've been experiencing a lot of issues when using Zwift workout modes.

Starts workout fine then after a couple of minutes, pedaling becomes near impossible. Power will then register as 0w before displaying that EGR has been deactivated, then EGR will after about 5 minutes re-activate.
In the past if this happens, I've usually found that disconnecting at the plug and reconnecting, it will usually sort it out but not anymore. I've also been unable to carry out any spindown tests either.

Has anyone else had Kirckr snap related issues? I Have tried contacting Wahoo but they haven't responded to any emails.

Comments

• ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    Try to see if there’s any software updates.

This happened to me and an update solved the issue.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • None, Last update was 4th October 2017.
  • naavt
    naavt Posts: 226

Has anyone else had Kirckr snap related issues? I Have tried contacting Wahoo but they haven't responded to any emails.

Weird. They always reply to me within a few hours.

I've never had the issue you're mentioning, but when I first tried to switch to ERG-off mode on my training workouts inside Zwift, I've dealt with some fiddling on my settings, since ERG kicked on when I was pretending to shut it off.

After realising that there's a Zwift ERG off/on button on the connected app, and have managed to shut off ERG, I was getting crazy about setting the resistance, which some times was to low (running out of cogs with a 52 chainring and 12 cog), and other times being crazy hard (doing 300 watts with the 36 chainring in the middle of the cassette (12-29).

Finally I've became aware that you can control resistance (even with ERG on), within the Wahoo Fitness App with the Wind Resistance feature. Besides that, you can also control it with the up and down arrow keys on your Zwift Mobile Link App.

Don't know if this could be some kind of help but give it a try and see if it fixes something. Good luck!
  • Bordersroadie
    Bordersroadie Posts: 1,052
    Have you tried the advanced spindown? It's really hard to find but (from memory) in the Wahoo fitness and/or utility app you tap 5 times quickly on the wee icon that represents the kickr snap an hey presto you're in advanced spindown mode.

I thought it was a wind-up but it does work. Try it anyway. Good luck.
  • Advanced spindown didn't work. Sold it and bought a Tacx Flux instead.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Advanced spindown didn't work. Sold it and bought a Tacx Flux instead.

I imagine you will be selling your flux then soon... given that pretty much every unit fails.
  • Got 2 year warranty with LBS.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Advanced spindown didn't work. Sold it and bought a Tacx Flux instead.

Should have gone Direto.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.